HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by KKDDMM, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:00 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
KKDDMM's Avatar
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
336 Posts
the TX of X100 is mode-free

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Another Japanese,He bought MJX X100 and Mini Pet,He said the RX of two quad is the same.
And He said the TX of X100 is mode-free,can change mode1 to mode4 very easy.
That means we should better buy X100,isn't it?

http://kaycube7.blog.so-net.ne.jp/20...ime=1345200049
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:03 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM View Post
Another Japanese,He bought MJX X100 and Mini Pet,He said the RX of two quad is the same.
And He said the TX of X100 is mode-free,can change mode1 to mode4 very easy.
That means we should better buy X100,isn't it?

http://kaycube7.blog.so-net.ne.jp/20...ime=1345200049
No idea (YET) if weshould BETTER buy this one - mine is still stuck in NY, as obviously the postal and customs people there are the laziest, most ignorant, careless and inefficient workers on the planet !!!!!!!!!!!

Everything I get from china that has to go through New York spends AT LEAST a week there ... and some stuff needs twice or more the time to make it from NY to me to Philly as the few "lucky" things I get that have to do the 3000mile intra American trip from San Francisco

(I really wish ALL my stuff would go through SanFran, but as I least on the East Coast, I am stuck with (insert rant paragraph wreaking of 4letter words here) New York
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:12 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
KKDDMM's Avatar
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
336 Posts
I'm sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
No idea (YET) if weshould BETTER buy this one - mine is still stuck in NY, as obviously the postal and customs people there are the laziest, most ignorant, careless and inefficient workers on the planet !!!!!!!!!!!

Everything I get from china that has to go through New York spends AT LEAST a week there ... and some stuff needs twice or more the time to make it from NY to me to Philly as the few "lucky" things I get that have to do the 3000mile intra American trip from San Francisco

(I really wish ALL my stuff would go through SanFran, but as I least on the East Coast, I am stuck with (insert rant paragraph wreaking of 4letter words here) New York
I'm sorry,not enough explanation...my English is very bad...

<If we are irresolute buying MJX X100 or Mini Pet,then we should better buy X100>

I want to say that...
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:56 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM View Post
I'm sorry,not enough explanation...my English is very bad...

<If we are irresolute buying MJX X100 or Mini Pet,then we should better buy X100>

I want to say that...
Dont worry - (and your English is not bad at all) you explained it now, that is enough. I am not really undecided between the two, I ordered the MJX a few weeks ago and it took its pretty time before they even mentioned they shipped it - and now it is stuck with the morons in NY

I dont think I will b uy the Pet too, but with me, you can also never rule it out completely. (I said this would be my last one and I only order it because it obviously has a MUCH nicer TX than all the rest of them ...)
But you can be sure, I will post a detailed review once the lame ducks in NY finally let go of it!!
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:20 AM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,752 Posts
Actually, the mini pet can also switch between mode 2 and mode 4. So I would buy whichever is the cheapest. That's IF the X100 also had led lights and enlarged booms.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:57 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
Hi B,
Nice idea. I fleshed it out with a little more info...Probably time for a Google or Excel Spreadsheet My additions/suggestions in blue.
*Edits done per post #56.

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
ok folks, I am trying to keep track and wrap my head around all the new toy quads flooding the market!

here's what I gathered:

*Chinese ad translation:
- "4-axis"=gyro only flight controller board and is really only 3-axis
- "6 axis"= gyro + accelerometer flight controller board.


- Micro Multicopter= <15cm diameter
- Mini Multicopter= 15-30cm diameter

Mini Multicopter Original:
-Blade MQX (BNF/RTF),Tx=DSM2/DSMX, gyro only, Diameter=9.5in/24cm, Props=5.5in, Weight=75g, 3D flips, Price=~$140: http://www.hobby-lobby.com/blade_mqx...37040_prd1.htm

Mini Multicopter Replicas:
-WLToys v929 (BNF/RTF), Tx=9x compatable, gryo only, 3D flips, Diameter= 8.75in/22.5cm, Props= 5.5in, Weight=69g, Price=~$33 BNF, ~$45 RTF: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...f-p-46172.html
-Syma X1 SPACECRAFT (RTF) Tx=9x compatible, gyro only, 3D flips, Diameter=9.7in/25cm, Props=5.5in, Weight=70g, Price=~$40: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Sy...r-p-48760.html


Micro Multicopter Original:
-Walkera Ladybird V1 (BNF/RTF) Tx=Walkera, comes packaged with either full sized 2402d, smaller form factor DEVO4 or 7, gyro +acceleromter(older V1 always had accelerometer on, so no 3D flips, newer V1's can do 3D flips), Diameter=4.9in/12.5cm, Props=2.25in , Weight=30g, Price=~$140: No longer sold

Micro Multicopter Replicas:
-Walkera Ladybird V2 Lite(not really a replica per se) (RTF) Tx=Walkera DEVO4 or 7, gyro only, Diameter=4.9in/12.5cm, Props=2.25in , Weight=30g, 3d flips, Price=~$58(Banggood):http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...f-p-46172.html , ~$130 + shipping(HK): http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=24648
-WLToys v939 (BNF/RTF) Tx=9x compatible, gyro only, Diameter=4.9in/12.5cm, Weight=30g, Props=2.25in, LEDs, 3D flips, Price=~$36: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...f-p-47675.html
-UDI U816 (RTF) Tx=2.4Ghz proprietary, gyro + accelerometer MPU-6050 *advertised as 4-axis?, Diameter=5in/13cm, Weight=30g, Props=2.25in, 3D flips, Price=~$36: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ud...r-p-48619.html
-HJ Toys V997 Mini Pet (RTF) Tx=2.4Ghz proprietary, gyro + accelerometer, Diameter=4.9in/12.5cm, Weight=31g, Props=2.25in, 3D flips, LEDs, Price=~$43: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mi...f-p-47741.html
-Nine Eagles ALIEN (RTF) Tx=2.4Ghz proprietary protocol, gyro only, Diameter=4.9in/12.5cm, Weight=32g, Props=2.25in, 3D flips, Price=~$50: http://translate.googleusercontent.c...JxHf_1Ggq5ckWA
-San Huan SH 6043 Ladybug (RTF) Tx=2.4Ghz proprietary, gyro only, Diameter=4.9in/12.5cm, Weight=35g, Props=2.25in, 3D flips, Price=~$50: http://www.myrcmart.com/sh-6043-lady...ed-p-4808.html
-FireFly= Nine Eagles ALIEN
-MJX X100 (RTF) Tx=2.4Ghz proprietary, gyro + accelerometer, Diameter=4.9in/12.5cm, Weight=36.5g, Props=2.25in, LEDs, 3D flips, gyro sensitivity and throttle limit controls, Price=~$43: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mj...o-p-48726.html

Micro Multicopter DIY:
$18 diy quad... COMPLETE! w/video


Also see:
The Micro RTF Quadcopters Thread

Walkera also has the Space Walker and Y6 Scorpion, I'm sure there are more out there. I think the one thing they all have in common is that they all have brushed motors.

feel free to edit and add any I missed. maybe we should keep an official list and add links/details/specs?

edit: added the MJX X100 per erdnuckel2

also, the mqx/ladybird hybrid is reported as being a great success... I wonder now how many other combinations are possible
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Nov 06, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:36 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,112 Posts
While 6 axis sounds good, I believe the actual flying experience matter most. I find it hard to believe that the V939 only has 3 axis gyro while the others have 3 axis + 3 accelerometers. I have a feeling that the 3 axis gyro only V939 may perform better than the rest that claim to have more.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:38 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
While 6 axis sounds good, I believe the actual flying experience matter most. I find it hard to believe that the V939 only has 3 axis gyro while the others have 3 axis + 3 accelerometers. I have a feeling that the 3 axis gyro only V939 may perform better than the rest that claim to have more.
... IF it actually EVER gets released to the market ...

EDIT:
Just check it out, banggood actually claims NOW the V939 RTF is in stock ... for 38$
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by erdnuckel2; Aug 22, 2012 at 10:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:43 AM
Registered User
gwrivest's Avatar
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
Is the Syma X1 really 9x compatible? Can someone confirm this, 'cause if it is than I am certainly gonna get one.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:33 PM
aka beerassassin
flying toaster's Avatar
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi B,
Nice idea. I fleshed it out with a little more info...Probably time for a Google or Excel Spreadsheet My additions/suggestions in blue.
Cheers,
Jim
Nice additions!! I like the idea of having an official list that everyone (including myself) can refer to.

couple little things... you list the Blade mQX as $140 RTF, as far I know it is still $140 for the BNF model. also, the Blade mQX is fully capable of 3D flips like the rest, it's just not 'automatic' like some of the other models.

also, all the Ladybird V1's being sold now have updated firmware and are fully capable of 3D flips (the very first Ladybirds did not have this firmware). all the V1's now allow you to switch from 'normal' to 'stunt' mode, and have the white bumpers for added protection on the bottom of the motors. (it's funny, the HeliPal website actually describes this second generation V1 as "V2," and they describe the new V2 as "Lite" (missing the accelerometers and update ports). this makes things even more confusing!

so there's:

Ladybird V1 (first gen, no 3D flips, this has been discontinued)
Ladybird V1 (second gen, 3D flip firmware included)
Ladybird V2 or 'Lite' (third gen?, 3D flips, but no accelerometers etc)

hope that makes sense lol
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:38 PM
Registered User
jaas75's Avatar
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Oct 2006
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
Is the Syma X1 really 9x compatible? Can someone confirm this, 'cause if it is than I am certainly gonna get one.
+1 im very interested to know the compatibility with the th9x (flysky protocol)
jaas75 is online now Find More Posts by jaas75
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:13 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
Hi Gents,
I just got my U816 and noted it has an MPU-6050 which is a MEMs gyro/accelerometer. So even though the ads say 4-axis for the Chinglish 3-axis gyro only, it is in fact a gyro and accelerometer fitted flight controller. It flies like it is stabilized by an accelerometer. Maybe there are versions of this fitted with another MEMs gyro only?? Curious...
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:00 AM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi Gents,
I just got my U816 and noted it has an MPU-6050 which is a MEMs gyro/accelerometer. So even though the ads say 4-axis for the Chinglish 3-axis gyro only, it is in fact a gyro and accelerometer fitted flight controller. It flies like it is stabilized by an accelerometer. Maybe there are versions of this fitted with another MEMs gyro only?? Curious...
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
The V977 is the same. It says 4 axis on the box but there's an ACC on the FC and it sure flies like it, too.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:12 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
KKDDMM's Avatar
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
336 Posts
At last,I got ordered V939 today,waited 3 weeks!!!

At last,I got ordered V939 today,
and Helios's paddled flybar,and swash,and V929's blade in same shop.
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:29 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,112 Posts
Nice! Please explain how easy or difficult to put the paddle flybar onto your V911, and how does it fly. Thanks.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Sterling Flying Fool Control line plans. Buzzox45 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Jun 12, 2012 08:55 AM
Discussion EDF or pusher - am I the only fool ? RJPIoW Foamy EDFs 9 Aug 20, 2008 12:46 PM
Question Am I a fool? (Foamy PF with tail-cam) rdomloge Aerial Photography 2 Feb 14, 2007 11:24 AM