SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by KKDDMM, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 04:21 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,115 Posts
I wonder if we transplant the mini pet board over to the V929, would that make the V929-hybrid more stable, as it then has gyros and accelerometers?
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:08 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I wonder if we transplant the mini pet board over to the V929, would that make the V929-hybrid more stable, as it then has gyros and accelerometers?
would it still be 9X compatible ?? (that would be a lot more important to me anyway)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:39 PM
Registered User
Kungshatt
Joined Mar 2008
200 Posts
Mini pet flight

After 5 batteries I can say this. Its tiny, cool, cheap and durable. It has an amazing control board for the money with 3axis invensense gyro and axelerometers . I can use my old walkera 4#3 batteries in the tray and fly for quite a long time (400mah). EDIT: The batteries for W4#3 were home made from 400mAh single cell HobbyKing batteries I remember now..
But it has some really annoying features like making a flip when hitting the end of the stick even thou it has a flip bottom. There is a big delay in stick movements until the quad reacts which I don't like. It is slow and forgiving for beginners but a bit doll for more experienced users. The gyro gain can not be adjusted (so no use in putting it into an v929). It works surprisingly well outside in calm weather. The transmitter is a joke but works with no or little glitches. I fly in mode 2 in ordinary cases but mode 2 is mode 4 in this tx. EDIT: It does mode2. The switch says mode4 thou...
I cant compare it to the other brands but I think it is a bit too slow in reactions. It could be so much funnier with a different software...
bofred is offline Find More Posts by bofred
Last edited by bofred; Aug 22, 2012 at 08:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:45 PM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
KKDDMM's Avatar
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
336 Posts
Thank you for Mini pet flight report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofred View Post
But it has some really annoying features like making a flip when hitting the end of the stick even thou it has a flip bottom.

There is a big delay in stick movements until the quad reacts which I don't like.

I fly in mode 2 in ordinary cases but mode 2 is mode 4 in this tx.
above 3 points is weak points for me.
I'm waiting for V939.
If I got V939,I will connect V939 on V929!
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:45 PM
Registered User
Kungshatt
Joined Mar 2008
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM View Post
above 3 points is weak points for me.
I'm waiting for V939.
If I got V939,I will connect V939 on V929!
Yes, but don't get me wrong on the stick modes. It works with mode2 only it says it is mode4..
I think the accelerometers (six axis) is necessary only when flying as a beginner or want to have some sort of auto level. The mini pet has a sort of auto level but it is very slow. For ordinary flight I think three axis gyro is sufficient and more fun.

Does the walkera V2 do automatic flips outside when stick is 100%? That is the most annoying thing with the mini pet I think...
bofred is offline Find More Posts by bofred
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:05 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Very impressive start! I am looking forward to the finish
A wise man once said that it's not where you start that matters, but where you finish...

Best,
Chris

PS: KKD, not sure why you place the 929 above the Ladybird in your rating. They don't even compare, the LB is so much more capable. In my book, anyways.
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:56 PM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
KKDDMM's Avatar
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
336 Posts
Devo10 has broken!

The day before yesterday,my Devo10 suddenly stopped,and a streak of smoke came from the slit of Devo10.
Only 4 month......I'm sad......
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:37 AM
Registered User
OnceAFly's Avatar
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
A wise man once said that it's not where you start that matters, but where you finish...

Best,
Chris

PS: KKD, not sure why you place the 929 above the Ladybird in your rating. They don't even compare, the LB is so much more capable. In my book, anyways.
Agree, I think the review don't really cover anything....
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:05 AM
Registered User
gwrivest's Avatar
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
The v929 is a lot less expensive. He must have factored in value for money, thus placing the v929 ahead of the LB.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:11 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,115 Posts
Reviews are personal and subjective. Individuals have different criterias and priorities. You may or may not think the same way as the reviewer, but that's really normal.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:49 AM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Reviews are personal and subjective. Individuals have different criterias and priorities. You may or may not think the same way as the reviewer, but that's really normal.
Agreed. I'm assuming that the reviewer in this case is a beginner (And there's nothing wrong with that.) and he spends a fair bit of time flying indoor, and as such, he puts more value on the 929 having a more stable hover, which it does. The 929 is far more stable at handsfree hover in windless conditions. Go outside on a windy day, though, and one would be hard pressed to rank the 929 above the Ladybird.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:30 PM
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,446 Posts
Couple of observations...

The OP is Japanese and I don't know if he's using a translation software or not. So keep that in mind. Secondly, the way I read the first post, it was imply it was a quick, 1 min subjective observation. I think the cost of each item did weigh into his initial ranking.

In a follow up post, he dropped the ranking of the v929 for outdoors flight.

I wouldn't treat this thread as a full on serious review. But it's nice to see a fellow hobbyist with access to all the interesting micro size RTF quad so we can ask him questions. Too bad about the language barrier though.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 05:37 PM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
KKDDMM's Avatar
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Couple of observations...

The OP is Japanese and I don't know if he's using a translation software or not. So keep that in mind. Secondly, the way I read the first post, it was imply it was a quick, 1 min subjective observation. I think the cost of each item did weigh into his initial ranking.

In a follow up post, he dropped the ranking of the v929 for outdoors flight.

I wouldn't treat this thread as a full on serious review. But it's nice to see a fellow hobbyist with access to all the interesting micro size RTF quad so we can ask him questions. Too bad about the language barrier though.
All of your saying is right.
I'm sorry,too bad about the language barrier.
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:35 PM
aka beerassassin
flying toaster's Avatar
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
ok folks, I am trying to keep track and wrap my head around all the new toy quads flooding the market!

here's what I gathered:

Original Mini Quad:
-Blade mQX (BNF/RTF)

Replica Mini Quads:
-WLToys v929 (BNF/RTF)
-Syma X1 SPACECRAFT (RTF)

Original Micro Quad:
-Walkera Ladybird V1 (BNF/RTF)

Replica Micro Quads:
-Walkera Ladybird V2 (not really a replica per se) (RTF)
-WLToys v939 (BNF/RTF)
-UDI U816 (RTF)
-HJ Toys V997 Mini Pet (RTF)
-Nine Eagles ALIEN (RTF)
-San Huan SH 6043 Ladybug (RTF)
-MJX X100 (RTF)
-Robbe Nano Loop (RTF)

Walkera also has the Space Walker and Y6 Scorpion, I'm sure there are more out there. I think the one thing they all have in common is that they all have brushed motors.

feel free to edit and add any I missed. maybe we should keep an official list and add links/details/specs?

edit: added the MJX X100 per erdnuckel2

also, the mqx/ladybird hybrid is reported as being a great success... I wonder now how many other combinations are possible
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Last edited by flying toaster; Aug 25, 2012 at 06:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:50 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
ok folks, i am trying to keep track and wrap my head around all the new toy quads flooding the market!

Here's what i gathered:

original:
-blade mqx (bnf/rtf)

replicas:
-wltoys v929 (bnf/rtf)
-syma x1 spacecraft (rtf)

original:
-walkera ladybird v1 (bnf/rtf)

replicas:
-walkera ladybird v2 (not really a replica per se) (rtf)
-wltoys v939 (bnf/rtf)
-udi u816 (rtf)
-hj toys v997 mini pet (rtf)
-nine eagles alien (rtf)
-san huan sh 6043 ladybug (rtf)

walkera also has the space walker and y6 scorpion, i'm sure there are more out there. I think the one thing they all have in common is that they all have brushed motors.

Feel free to edit and add any i missed. Maybe we should keep an official list and add links/details/specs?
mjx x100
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...602820368.html
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by erdnuckel2; Aug 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Sterling Flying Fool Control line plans. Buzzox45 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Jun 12, 2012 08:55 AM
Discussion EDF or pusher - am I the only fool ? RJPIoW Foamy EDFs 9 Aug 20, 2008 12:46 PM
Question Am I a fool? (Foamy PF with tail-cam) rdomloge Aerial Photography 2 Feb 14, 2007 11:24 AM