HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:52 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,778 Posts
Question
'Continue Reading'....parts of blog hidden.

Hello, I've noticed today now that I've switched over to the new format, that some post within my blog are now abbreviated, simple with only 'Continue Reading' at the end of some. Not until you click 'Continue Reading' are you able to see the entire post (inc images), opening an entire new page on which to do so.

Can anyone tell me why I'm not able to see my blog posts in full on the one page as before, is there anyway this can be changed?

Many thanks

S.
stuart warne is offline Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Savex Spitfire Progress
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:02 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart warne View Post
Hello, I've noticed today now that I've switched over to the new format, that some post within my blog are now abbreviated, simple with only 'Continue Reading' at the end of some. Not until you click 'Continue Reading' are you able to see the entire post (inc images), opening an entire new page on which to do so.

Can anyone tell me why I'm not able to see my blog posts in full on the one page as before, is there anyway this can be changed?

Many thanks

S.
This was a recent change to the way the site works, and as of this time it is not configurable to work the other way by us. It's not caused from switching to the new format. I switched a good while back and the blogs were normal. The blog change is fairly recent.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:35 PM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Joined May 2001
5,778 Posts
Thanks, so can we get it changed back? There seems nothing to be gained other than frustration with this change.

S.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:08 AM
Joined May 2012
326 Posts
Yeah... it kind of irked me too...
I like the news feed look of the blog, not the short clip look.
Trixie3D is offline Find More Posts by Trixie3D
Old Jul 29, 2012, 08:28 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart warne View Post
Thanks, so can we get it changed back? There seems nothing to be gained other than frustration with this change.

S.
Its more of a discussion for the Site suggestions and complaints forum. A couple have already voiced their opinion to the Mods there and Jim has responded to them there saying they are still working on it. I would post your opinion there so all the feedback on the issue is in the same place from all members. Maybe they will consider making it configurable the way they did with the old attachment browser. As of now, there is no way to change it.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:45 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Joined May 2001
5,778 Posts
Thanks. In the case would you mind moving this thread over to that forum then please?

S.
Site Sponsor