HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
148 Posts
Mk 1 Suzuki's....

Thought you may like to see some of my collection....

First up my original Mk 1 bought new in Sydney in 1990......recently re-discovered in storage and chassis has now been cleaned up and converted to YZR500 Yamaha.

Second pic shows 2 Mk 1's purchased this year on ebay. The painted one is in good condition and will become a runner once I fit a new screen and paint a rider. The white one came from the UK and is mint apart from crack to screen and riders arm detached (I have this and will re-fit).

Some spare parts can also be seen in shot - a new fairing and tank/seat unit as well as original decals (I have 3 sets of these....)

Also have (but not shown) - 2 other Mk 1's - in poor condition but great for donor parts incl 2 complete but very badly painted body and fairing sets as well as one bike having the original option front oil forks with the plastic tubes......

NOw I finally have some time off work I will spend some time working on these.

The Kyosho bikes are addictive - collection also includes a complete Mk 1 NSR500 and 4 HOR's - 1 Honda & 3 Suzuki's (I like Suzuki's!!!)
zander749 is offline Find More Posts by zander749
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:55 AM
I SEE NO SHIPS
Somerset England
Joined Feb 2007
1,229 Posts
Hi.
Nice collection.
I would keep the original decals in the bags if I were you . I build my Mk 1 NSR recently and the original decal set had lost all sticking power.
I ended up painting all the detail on and using printed decals scanned from the original sheet .Lucky for you , there are repro decals for the Suzuki on the bay . I wish the guy would do repros of the other bikes.
I just run the HOR as at least parts are still turning up .
Dunc2504
dunc2504 is offline Find More Posts by dunc2504
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:29 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Hey Zander... Way to rub salt into the deepened, void of Suzuki, wound that is my broken heart..!

Cool collection of bikes though... I'm a huge Suzuki fan too... I've lost a good set of MK1 fairings during a move of home( think that's when I lost em anyway..) and the other set a I have, have been modified to use as a mold, that never got finished, and are now beyond repair...

Would you happen to have an old set you would consider selling... Not too fussed with their condition... Just something semi complete. Broken is ok too... I just really want that early Suzuki shape... I'm sounding like a real desperato now eh...?

Oh... Nice lookin Honda too Dunc... That's two Wayne Gardiner Hondas yeah..? You must have a soft spot the Aussie accent hey...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:21 AM
I SEE NO SHIPS
Somerset England
Joined Feb 2007
1,229 Posts
Hi There Lukey.
The Spencer Honda is in paint as of now , and some of my spare HOR bodywork is getting done soon in some other colours that aint Aussie !
At least I got a Brit on me Suzuki.
I fancy Dunlop TT colours for the Hor .
Dunc2504
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:50 AM
Joined Jan 2012
148 Posts
Here is the YZR500 (posted previously on another thread). It is new bodywork on my original Mk1 SUzuki chassis. New handlebars & footpegs, Kyosho black 3 spoke wheels & softer (!!!) tyres with foam inserts, oil filled front forks, oil filled kyosho rear shock. Still looking for an original NIB one of these, but this will do until I find one.....
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:54 AM
Joined Jan 2012
148 Posts
Hey Dunc,

Some time ago I contacted the guy who makes the Suzuki repro decals about making a set for the Honda & he replied that he would be doing this as he had managed to buy a set of originals for digital scanning. They were due to be ready in August but still no sign of them.....its the guy that runs Vintage Kyosho mail order....
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:56 AM
Joined Jan 2012
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
Hey Zander... Way to rub salt into the deepened, void of Suzuki, wound that is my broken heart..!

Cool collection of bikes though... I'm a huge Suzuki fan too... I've lost a good set of MK1 fairings during a move of home( think that's when I lost em anyway..) and the other set a I have, have been modified to use as a mold, that never got finished, and are now beyond repair...

Would you happen to have an old set you would consider selling... Not too fussed with their condition... Just something semi complete. Broken is ok too... I just really want that early Suzuki shape... I'm sounding like a real desperato now eh...?

Oh... Nice lookin Honda too Dunc... That's two Wayne Gardiner Hondas yeah..? You must have a soft spot the Aussie accent hey...
Luke,

Let me do a stock take and see what I have and whether I can part with anything.........
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:09 PM
I SEE NO SHIPS
Somerset England
Joined Feb 2007
1,229 Posts
Hi.
I contacted him too . but he said he was busy at the time , and would get round to it eventually !
Still waiting .
But at least with the paint and decal method , coated in clear , they never start peeling like stickers do .
Dunc2504
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:46 PM
Joined Jan 2012
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunc2504 View Post
Hi.
I contacted him too . but he said he was busy at the time , and would get round to it eventually !
Still waiting .
But at least with the paint and decal method , coated in clear , they never start peeling like stickers do .
Dunc2504
The Honda looks great - up to your your usual standard. I am looking forward to seeing the Spencer one when its ready - I have a set of the decals for that, intend building my own when I can pick up another NSR......
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:31 PM
I SEE NO SHIPS
Somerset England
Joined Feb 2007
1,229 Posts
Spencer MkI NSR

Hi.
Here is my Spencer Colours Mk 1 Nsr so far.
Just got the decals on the tank/seat unit and Fairing , Next up is the lining of the number boards and clear coating of the body (when I get more clear , as I have run out )
I had to do quite a lot of modding to the seat shape and top fairing with styrene sheet and plastic filler , but it came out OK in the end.
Masking up for the rider and helmet now .
More pictures when completed.
Dunc2504
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:18 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
That's awsome man... I'd planned to do the same thing with my Honda...
Also planning on useing styrene to make some star pattern spokes...just for displays though...

Again... Awsome job so far...
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:02 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Hey guys... I just put together a "HOT RACING" front end... Forks, disks and rim...

I've been using the different parts before, but never all together... So I start piecing all the bits together for my next project (Honda RC45) and realise very quickly, that these parts fit together like 13mm ring spanner on a semi rounded 1/2inch nut... Loose as a goose...

The fitting is really poor... I have new bearings, new stainless axle, the brake disks and rim are unused, and the forks are also next to new... I thought with finish quality of these parts, and the price they cost, they'd be a perfect fit...

Anyone else had this happen..? Coz I gotta tell ya... I mighty dissapionted...

And just checked the rear disk in the rear rim (not that I'll be using it) and its all floppy too...
The bearings are super sloppy in the disks, and the disks are just the same in the rims... That goes for both front and rear...

They look sweet as... But are absolutely worthless otherwise...
Last edited by Lukey B; Dec 27, 2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:51 AM
I SEE NO SHIPS
Somerset England
Joined Feb 2007
1,229 Posts
Mk 1 nsr spencer replica

Hi.
Just completed my Mk 1 Honda NSR Spencer replica .
I have now run out of MK1 bikes to do , but at least I have 4 in good condition in my collection now .
This was the hardest to complete because of all the fairing and seat mods I had to do from the standard Rothmans bike , but I love the colour scheme .
Dunc2504
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:16 PM
Joined Jan 2012
148 Posts
I take my hat off to you Dunc - (even though I dont wear one!!!). Fantastic mate, you do realise though that you now really need a Kenny Roberts yellow & Black Yamaha to go with it!!!

Do you have any progress pics you can post showing how the bodywork was modified??
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:18 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,316 Posts
Dunc - your paint masking skills are off the charts good. Nice!!!!
grymg is offline Find More Posts by grymg