Joined Jul 2012
13 Posts
New top cowls for Suzuki rg?
ashtoguy12 is offline Find More Posts by ashtoguy12
Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:28 AM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
They are actually for the Honda RG but the Mk1 with new screen's and belly pans,
AwesomeJohn is offline Find More Posts by AwesomeJohn
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Jul 2012
13 Posts
Cool. Where did U source them.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 06:45 AM
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
I found them on American Ebay, weren't cheap though! :-S
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:32 AM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunc2504 View Post
I wana see the Mk 1 s !
They are a bit rare now !
Dunc2504
I have few NIB Mk 1's. . .
Reading this thread made me want to dig around in my closet and spare parts bins for all of the Kyosho stuff I collected. These were mostly sourced from ebay, I probably bid against some of you (except I got the Marlboro Lawson from clubmember Dave G., who still had it with the original receipt for 19000yen from Japan as it was a Japan only release and impossible to get here in the US). My first R/C bike was the Bachmann 1/5th in 2000 until I found the HOR online from the UK a couple months later (it was rare back then, I think I found the link off of Stelio's site). But the Mk1 was what I really wanted to collect because of my love for Schwantz (I own a genuine 1995 Lucky Strike Suzuki pit crew shirt), Lawson, Gardner, Taira and all of the riders from the 80's and 90's (I have several VHS's from that era, but no working VHS player anymore, LOL). These unused kits will probably stay with me forever unless I get tempted to build them. I think I have all of the kits and stickers ever made for Mk1. But trust me, what I have doesn't even scratch the surface on what the other RCMCC guys have!! They must have enough spare parts and kits to make 50 bikes or something.

grymg is offline Find More Posts by grymg
Old Aug 19, 2012, 05:40 AM
I SEE NO SHIPS
Somerset England
Joined Feb 2007
1,234 Posts
Wow ! You should get those decal sets scanned , and get someone to make up repro sets , to sell to all us poor guys who have to rebuild old models due to parts shortage .
Dunc2504
dunc2504 is offline Find More Posts by dunc2504
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Jul 2012
13 Posts
Awesome collection
Old Aug 19, 2012, 06:17 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunc2504 View Post
Wow ! You should get those decal sets scanned , and get someone to make up repro sets , to sell to all us poor guys who have to rebuild old models due to parts shortage .
Dunc2504
I've scanned several, including the Pepsi and Marlboro for anybody who needs them
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:05 AM
Joined Jan 2012
150 Posts
I suppose making an offer for the YZR Marlboro Lawson kit is pointless?????
zander749 is offline Find More Posts by zander749
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:07 AM
Joined Jan 2012
150 Posts
Thanks for posting the decals - but would you please add a high resolution scan of the Rothmans Wayne Gardner Kyosho decal sheet? I have been looking for one for ages without luck......
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:59 AM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zander749 View Post
I suppose making an offer for the YZR Marlboro Lawson kit is pointless?????
Haha no sorry, but I posted some pics a while back on the yahoo groups forum to share the details of this kit. Pretty neat stuff. I have seen the kit sold several times on ebay but never in new condition. The kit was always built.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:28 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zander749 View Post
Thanks for posting the decals - but would you please add a high resolution scan of the Rothmans Wayne Gardner Kyosho decal sheet? I have been looking for one for ages without luck......
Here's the scans of the original decal sheets I had.

Sorry I don't have a high res scan of that one at the moment but honestly with the yellow background on the decal, it's very tough to make use of them without spending time on photoshop. That's why I found better images online of all the sponsor logos, etc. and put them on the doc files.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Jan 2012
150 Posts
Thanks Ian - thought I would at least try but I knew you would not be selling!! I now have a Mk1 Yamaha built up from other kits, with brand new body plastics, so I also have the full set, but there is something about an unmolested NIB kit isn't there? So desirable and I keep looking....I recently missed out on one on ebay - YZR500 NIB and my bid of 52 GB pounds would have won it (my bid was 2 of 2!!!) but was rejected as seller was in UK and listed as selling to UK only.....so frustrating.
I never understand why many ebay sellers do this, they are restricting their chances of increased value on their sales.....
WIll keep looking though.

Thanks for posting the decal scans too - really appreciate it.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 05:58 AM
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
grymg, great collection, well impressed and thanks for the scans i'm sure i'll need them at some point.

Finally managed to make a decision of which bike to make a start on first,

From this,

To this,

My intentions with this one are just to practice on really, i'll use the brush less set up and make this the quick one as i intend to use it and i don't want to practice on the Mk1's as whatever i break will be hard to replace,