HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by PLD, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:07 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,404 Posts
Discussion
Wanting to licence my R/C electronics designs - but to whom!?

Many of you know over the last 5~6 years I've created a lot of unique and useful electronics devices for R/C, most notable are the BAC series of regulators for DLG and small gliders, of which to this day still does not have a competitor with the same level of compactness and features.

... but I've had to move on to other work for a multitude of reasons, and now I'm offering to licence out my designs, but the question is, who would be a good candidate? I could try HobbyKing, but will they keep with the aspects that made the BACs so popular? I could try home/cottage industry people but not many are going to have the equipment needed to build them, let alone find the suitable margins to mark it worth their time.

So, if you know anyone who might be in a position to licence or buy outright the designs from me, let me know

Thanks.
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:23 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
702 Posts
First thing to do honestly is to patent the design or get a coyprite on the product or else some one else may take your idea and sell it out from under your nose.

Easy way a friend of mine use to do with his music to say it was original etc was to register mail it and then not have it opened after it came back to him. Showed all the date markers etc.

Shane
shanesmadhouse is offline Find More Posts by shanesmadhouse
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just some of the hanger.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:51 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,404 Posts
All these things are already copyright, but thanks.

As for patents, they cost more than the collective value of the designs over a 3 year period and probably serve more purpose for negotiating other deals as opposed to being useful in preventing outright copying/exploitation.
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD