HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:15 AM
Registered User
UK
Joined Apr 2009
17 Posts
AngelaMiller1973,

Many thanks for posting the video clips

From the limited flight in the vids it seems to fly as good as the non-gyro version, is of the same "bomb proof" quality, on 2.4 GHz and for these reasons alone I will be buying one !

For anyone not sure from the video clips it justs needs a bit of trimmimg and "punching" out of ground effect and im sure as hell that baby will fly really sweet around the room at half stick once properly airborne

Though its only small those rotors chuck out a large amount of wash and not only is it coming back at ya from the ground upwards its also coming in from the sides due to the cushions / walls etc from the small flight area in the videos so its like trying to hover in a hurricane hence the need to punch her out of ground effect !

Im sold

Do you ship to the UK and if so any idea how much shipping would be ?
Another Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Another Pilot
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:18 AM
Master Of My Universe
scotsoft's Avatar
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,677 Posts
Those videos would not make anyone buy one of these.

If it is because she is an inexperienced pilot, then she has chosen the wrong model to fly.
If she is limited for space, which seems to be the problem, again she has chosen the wrong model.

As someone who loves Chinooks these videos have just made me really angry
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:53 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
17 Posts
Hi, i am new here and new to RC helis, and i just ordered one of these.

From the videos, it seems that the new s022g have real difficulty flying, it seems to be flying worse than the s022 without gyro!!

I guess I am going to regret it when i get my hands on the s022g
vistary is offline Find More Posts by vistary
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:56 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
14 Posts
I'm a beginner, so i first flight it in my bedroom in order no to broken it. After i can flight it well, i will flight it outside.
AngelaMiller1973 is offline Find More Posts by AngelaMiller1973
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:09 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
rexless's Avatar
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,370 Posts
I found my S022 flew much more easily above 1m height than it did close to the ground. You have to climb up to about 1m then it should be easier to manage.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:19 AM
Registered User
UK
Joined Apr 2009
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistary View Post
Hi, i am new here and new to RC helis, and i just ordered one of these.

From the videos, it seems that the new s022g have real difficulty flying, it seems to be flying worse than the s022 without gyro!!

I guess I am going to regret it when i get my hands on the s022g

vistary,

In the videos it was being flown in very close quarters (low to the ground and close to the walls) and being heavily buffeted by its own rotor wash staying in ground effect, im pretty sure if you've got the cojones to punch the stick and take her up to atleast 4 or 5 feet (once trimmed) then it will fly like a dream

I just wish I could get my hands on one here in the UK... like right now
Another Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Another Pilot
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:22 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
RoboHeli's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
4,310 Posts
Hi AngelaMiller1973. Do you work for Syma or are in some way a representative of the http://www.symatoystore.com web site? Just curious.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:26 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
gordonzo's Avatar
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
My thoughts on this:

1. It does exist, is 2.4ghz, and looks really good
2. It is not ideal for a small indoor space
3. It is not ideal not for beginners, especially when they try to fly in a small space and stay in ground effect
4. Shows why it is important for a manufacturer to release a promo flight video before the heli

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:28 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Pilot View Post
vistary,

In the videos it was being flown in very close quarters (low to the ground and close to the walls) and being heavily buffeted by its own rotor wash staying in ground effect, im pretty sure if you've got the cojones to punch the stick and take her up to atleast 4 or 5 feet (once trimmed) then it will fly like a dream

I just wish I could get my hands on one here in the UK... like right now
Ok, hopefully when receive mine, it will be flying well.
You could just order it from Shenzhen China, and have it shipped to UK.
Its definitely cheaper that way!
vistary is offline Find More Posts by vistary
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:44 AM
Registered User
UK
Joined Apr 2009
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
My thoughts on this:

1. It does exist, is 2.4ghz, and looks really good
2. It is not ideal for a small indoor space
3. It is not ideal not for beginners, especially when they try to fly in a small space and stay in ground effect
4. Shows why it is important for a manufacturer to release a promo flight video before the heli

regards . . . g

1. True
2. True
3. True
4. True




vistary,

Yeah I know, the price is very good $65.56 = 41.92 (still selling the S022 at that price in the UK) but its the shipping costs that worry me !

Infact I should quit moaning and get a price LOL
Another Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Another Pilot
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:52 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
17 Posts
AnotherPilot, i thought shipping cost is free?
vistary is offline Find More Posts by vistary
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 01:46 PM
Upstanding Member
Kurt's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Those videos would not make anyone buy one of these.

If it is because she is an inexperienced pilot, then she has chosen the wrong model to fly.
If she is limited for space, which seems to be the problem, again she has chosen the wrong model.

As someone who loves Chinooks these videos have just made me really angry
+1
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:59 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
gordonzo's Avatar
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Those videos would not make anyone buy one of these.

If it is because she is an inexperienced pilot, then she has chosen the wrong model to fly.
If she is limited for space, which seems to be the problem, again she has chosen the wrong model.

As someone who loves Chinooks these videos have just made me really angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
+1
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Anger might be a bit too much and many helis probably get a lot worse, but it is definitely difficult to watch.

Now this one should elicit less anger and more humor . . .
.
Chinook R/C Helicopter's Maiden Takeoff - and Crash! (0 min 40 sec)
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 05:01 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
gordonzo's Avatar
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
And here is a few flybys of a real one - much much much easier to watch! Check it out.

Chinook Helicopter fly-by (0 min 56 sec)
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 06:12 PM
Upstanding Member
Kurt's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,728 Posts
well when somebody posts 3 vids each advertising "flight", and the chopper never gets more than 2 inches off the ground it's basically false advertising, isn't it?
Cool vids. Here's a couple more S22 non-g that actually contain, you know, flight. Take her UP angela!

2011 May 21 Syma S022 Chinook HUGE crash.wmv (1 min 41 sec)


(HD) Syma S022 outside May 8 2011 (1 min 38 sec)


(HD) Syma S022 (not S022g) Chinook inside May 7 2011 (2 min 5 sec)
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools