HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Have you ordered from Amazon.com and what was the experience?
Yes - It was a good experience 4 44.44%
Yes - It as a bad experience 0 0%
Nope 4 44.44%
There is a typo in the tread title 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:07 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,595 Posts
Discussion
Has anyone order a UM from Amazon.com?

I am considering doing it with my points, but I want to be sure I am not setting myself up for issues if one of the planes I get is a part of HH's recent manufacturing issues.

I am considering two older planes in hopes that it will reduce the issue risk. They are the T-28 and XP. I have read up on both and both seem like logical choices for me for different reasons. I just want to not waste my points on a lemon or have to do work on a brand new plane. I already had to do that with the Pole Cat, which was my last purchase.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thank you sirs!

GB
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:13 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
I've ordered my Ember 2 from them. I think maybe my T-28 as well. But when i ordered them, everything was fine.
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
Old Jul 28, 2012, 03:50 AM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,595 Posts
Thank you sir! That is helpful.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:36 AM
United States, NY, CENTRAL VLY
Joined May 2011
1,029 Posts
Absolutely. HH will cover it no matter where or when you purchase, so if Amazon, which generally just sells for smaller shops has it at the best price go for it.

That said, my experience is you can buy cheaper, even from the same company. If Phils Hobby Shop or Best Service Shops is selling through Amazon, you can go directly to their site and find it a few bucks less, or a better deal. Phils usually has everything anyone else has for less, plus free shipping over $50.

I don't know if it's elsewhere, but Amazon now charges sales tax in NY, regardless of where it comes from, so I tend to find alternatives whenever possible.
ausf is offline Find More Posts by ausf
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Jun 2012
37 Posts
I had some money on a few Amazon gift cards still to spend so I ordered my Champ through them and had no trouble at all.

Have fun, you're going to love the UM T-28!
BlacksheepVMF214 is offline Find More Posts by BlacksheepVMF214
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:29 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,595 Posts
Thank you guys! That is exactly what I was hoping to hear and I will have a look at those other shops mentioned to see if that is the better plan of action for me.

Edit: T-28 has been ordered from Amazon.com!
Last edited by GBLynden; Jul 28, 2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:33 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,367 Posts
Yep bought the Sukhoi XP, and P-51UM from amazon. If you order from CA they charge tax!
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:20 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,595 Posts
I was lucky that I paid no tax and got free shipping. Normally I pay tax since Amazon is based in Washington, but I got lucky that this seller wasn't based out of my state.

I can't wait for my T-28 and all of the batteries I have ordered recently