HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:40 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Very interesting.
Voodoo - I reckon you should modify the Swist and install a 5035 !
War Machine is offline Find More Posts by War Machine
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:52 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
Very interesting.
Voodoo - I reckon you should modify the Swist and install a 5035 !
I have been working on trying to get a great outrunner for my Swist for months now,EASIER SAID THEN DONE when you live in the states ......But I will not give up .....I am one of the biggest wanna-be M Koch's out there
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Last edited by VooDoo Child; Aug 15, 2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:08 PM
Germany
Joined Jul 2010
485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
I have been working on trying to get a great outrunner for my Swist for months now,EASIER SAID THEN DONE when you live in the states ......But I will not give up .....I am one of the biggest wanna-be M Koch's out there
I would use a Scorpion 3026 or 3226. 7x10 APC on a 1400kv motor will give you about 2,5kW with 6s. Enough for one of my most dramatic in flight breakups ever (with a not so suitable airframe)!
Kwahn is offline Find More Posts by Kwahn
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:55 PM
2012 NZ Speedcup - 231 MPH
New Zealand, Tasman, Richmond
Joined Mar 2006
1,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
Voodoo what is the fuse diameter where an outrunner would bolt on? Also you are kind of dictated by the cell size and count, i.e. no point having a big fat low KV outrunner when you can't get more than say 5 or 6 cells in the fuse.

So you have to work out your KV/Current/Voltage that will work for a given outrunner and prop. Looks like 6 cells might be the max for a Swist fuse? So perhaps that is the driver for everything else - i.e. a 1100-1600KV outrunner, propped accordingly?
DownUnderPilot is offline Find More Posts by DownUnderPilot
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:00 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
I think i need to start a thread,last thing i want to do is have Marcus's thread get sidetracked due to my insatiable NEED 4 SPEED ..... I was just responding to War Machine (or maybe deep down inside it was a cry for help ) Sorry Marcus.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:58 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,397 Posts
A new bee to outrunner speed and propellers

Hello guys, I am ignorant about the folding props for speed, do they rely on centrifugal force to hold a disk or is there a stop keeping them from coning forward?
Next is, to you knowledgeable guys, if I am using a 36-65-1 ARC with a 7x6 or 7x7(in a draggy airframe by speed cup standards)hitting 180mph, what type of hot outrunner/folder combo would do better, less amps and noise etc?
Most of my experience is from q-500 and q-40 in the 90's, I still like to go fast but find the need to go faster, after finding the thread there is a wealth of time invested from you guys and I personally appreciate it.

Would or could one of you fellows post a link or two to motor knowledge?
Please and thank you
Tom
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
Last edited by ApexAero; Aug 17, 2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:16 AM
making my own planes...
Curitiba - Brazil
Joined Oct 2007
1,074 Posts
hey Marcus, your very old Thread of building Raketenwurm and Eisvogel inspire me to build my F5B molds and start building this toys.. thanks for the good info you share with us...
this new class F3S put the high performance models in a whole new level of technology,
Congrats!

André
decones is offline Find More Posts by decones
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:29 AM
member of 400km/h club
Joined Nov 2008
461 Posts
may be, its interesting...

this kind of model is not only usable for speed:
in hotline configuration you can reach (very silent!) good climbing speeds:

with 12x24 / 56 / °0 / 3 blade + 7S 3700 and 150A in climbing = 44,6m -> 397,4m = 352,8 m in 5sec = 70,5m/s in 5 sec average. or as long you want, if you are able to follow with your eyes and it is legal at your place.
the climbing after switching off the drive reaches almost up to 600m height.
(600m height is the legal border at my place here in germany)

also thermical flying is possible:

you see more than 30min pure thermical flight....
at 16:10 I was forced to bring it down brutally because of hitting the legal border!
but comming straight down more fun than a problem with such strong model.
so you can use such plane in allround configuration all days and with only another airscrew and battery for "real" speed:

scorpion-fan is offline Find More Posts by scorpion-fan
Last edited by scorpion-fan; Aug 17, 2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:33 AM
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Joined Sep 2007
2,366 Posts
Ralph,
They were very interesting graphs!

What kV would that motor be?

Regards
Peter
Peter M is offline Find More Posts by Peter M
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:42 AM
member of 400km/h club
Joined Nov 2008
461 Posts
its a HK 4235 with high amp winding and 495/V and 550g weight.

also marcus uses this type or stronger ones (4535) on the bigger models.

if you want to use smaller airscrews or another number of cells you of course need another n spec.
Last edited by scorpion-fan; Sep 05, 2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 04:26 AM
Joined Sep 2007
2,366 Posts
Ralph,
Thank you.

I'm planning on using a stock HK4525-520 Ultimate with Koch 9.8x17 blades on a RFM 45mm spinner on 12 cells. Do you think it will last 8 second WOT runs?

Thank you in advance

Regards
Peter
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:06 AM
member of 400km/h club
Joined Nov 2008
461 Posts
I think, this will not be a problem.

you can expect about 17.500 -18.500 depending on your battery because of 180-200 A peak.
with a aerodynamically really good model and >200m dive you could reach up to 400 km/h with such setup.
or 375km/h with a bader one.....
Last edited by scorpion-fan; Aug 17, 2012 at 06:15 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:35 AM
Joined Sep 2007
2,366 Posts
Thank you.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 04:26 AM
What is Highspeed ?
Germany, BY, Bergen
Joined Feb 2011
512 Posts
Speeder on Airmeet Genderkingen

I was yesterday on the Horizon Airmeet here in bavaria / germany.
Top Pilots with top planes and doing all great show from all different kinds of modell aircrafts.
Weather was TO GOOD - over 34 degrees celsius and the hole day sun without a chance to find some cooling. crowd around 10000 ppl.
Met Andreas from HJK Speedwings there and have had a great day.
Also too met Markus and Stefan, was nice to met the Guys in real, very nice Dude´s, very amused to met all the ppl. I know only from here or telephone. Also to saw the Thyphoons flying. great show and real silent on the way in flight.
Only pi**ed up point was - the organisation was very clever, was a 2 meter high fence there between the crowed and the flightline. and on the flight line a tend and lots of ppl.
so not good for doing a good video. also too only blue sunny sky what makes it complicated, and my video cam striked that I had to take the video function out of digicam.
for these who interested here are 8 seconds from the start.
and two pics one before Markus flying and one after flight together with Stefan.

http://youtu.be/aYcodYa0MO4?hd=1
Rolf D. is offline Find More Posts by Rolf D.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:44 AM
275mph club
Regensburg, Germany
Joined Apr 2003
509 Posts
Hi speed-guys!
We are back from the Horizon Airmeet and its was greeeeeeaaaaaaat !
Only top notch pilots with amazing models and skills i only dream of! The only thing which was a little too much was the heat on the two days !
Some displays gave me the creeps like "Mr. Marchetti" and his son, he in the original maschine and his son with the model together in aerobatic flights exact to the music! Absolutely amazing! But not only at daylight, even in the dark a night-flight show with about two hours and a big firework enlighted the night!
Stefan and i had three flights together on this weekend with flights against each other at speeds above 400 km/h, which gave me adrenalin-flow enough for the whole coming week ! Interest on our Typhoon-models was great at the "meet the pilot area" and i hope we could answer all the questions! It was also great to meet some persons from RC-Network and from here like Rolf, to get a face to the nicknames ! I also met Andreas from HJK-Speedwings and had a closer look at his models like the LP1.1 and the new Monster! He did amazing work as a "one-man show" with his models! Respect!!! And believe me it is not so easy doing this job for living! Nobody realizes the hours which are needed to produce a high quality model! Take the Typhoon XS as example: about 300,- Euro of pure material is worked in such a model, working time to finish such a plane without electric installations is about 50-60 hours plus 72 hours under vacuum! So if you want to earn money for living after tax, prize of such a plane should be above 1500,- Euro which nobody is willing to pay!
All in all a great weekend to meet pilots like Quique Somenzini, Sebastiano Silvestri and a lot of other top notch pilots!
Looking forward to the next year!
What a pity i had no chance to get to the US Horizon Airmeet in a few weeks !

Ciao, Marcus
M. Koch is offline Find More Posts by M. Koch