HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by springer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:19 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,849 Posts
Discussion
SuperTwin flying off water....

I finished the floats and got some video of the bird back on the pond, as I mentioned before, she's a hoot to fly! I haven't quite got the greased in landings right though. (seems to be an ongoing problem with me...) After a full session, I splashed her one too many times and may have toasted one of the esc's, and HK is out of stock, so I guess she will sit in dry dock for a bit! Enjoy the vid:

SuperTwin (2 min 4 sec)
springer is online now Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OneSheeter#17 OSC140 debut
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2012, 06:34 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,111 Posts
Nice video, Looked like you almost got those weeds on the first take off. Didn't look all that bad to me on the landings. Not always easy to land quickly without bleeding off speed.

Have you tried Corrosion X red label stuff to protect your escs and servos. Many of the guys on the Waterplanes forum use it. They all say it saves escs, recs, servos.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:02 AM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,849 Posts
Orrin : I do have a fresh bottle of corrosionx but haven't used it yet. Guess I should have! It appeared to be a little splash in one end of one esc's shrinkwrap. All it takes, I guess.
springer is online now Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OneSheeter#17 OSC140 debut
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:24 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,111 Posts
You have a sweet looking plane. Have you tried Heads Up RC. They have some really nice escs and they are not expensive. I just got a 40 amp HURC brushless motor esc for $19.95 plus $2.00 shipping. They have some great products. I put one of there Power Up 480 motors in my Super Cub LP and I am putting another one in my other Super Cub. That is why I got a 40 amp esc.

I think the Corrosion X has saved my esc on my Super Cub over and over. I didn't treat the servos, but I probably should.

I like your build. I hope you know that it is not easy to shoot video of float planes. Whomever did it, did a very good job. Only missed the plane a couple of times. Video of planes ain't easy to do.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:00 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,569 Posts
I use corrosion x on the servos but preffer Beacon non conductive potting epoxy to coat the receiver and the esc's.... This makes it bulletproof....

The beacon product remids me of the old astro marine esc's that were also epoxy embeded.....The product is mil spec and is stardard procedure to pot electronic components of everything thta is going out to the troops.....
dr.E is online now Find More Posts by dr.E
Old Feb 27, 2014, 09:59 AM
Poul BÝrge Pedersen
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, kbh
Joined Jan 2006
27 Posts
Super Twin

Hi springer
Where do we find the plans? Some of us are getting used to find your one-sheeters as plans, and you are good at designing them!
pbp_et is offline Find More Posts by pbp_et