HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:23 AM
Joined Sep 2011
128 Posts
Discussion
Need Help After Little Crash Blade 450 3D Shakes

hi,

I was flying little 3D then switch to normal mode, everything went good the heli was about 1-2 meters from the ground then it cut off for lipo it fell and broke gear and damaged the blades.
I bought set of blades and main gear then repaired the heli after that it shakes like HELL!! The last time i tried it the throttle was about 75% and it was not evening hovering 85% then it flu back and hit my feet!!!! thank god it was a little scratch!.
What Did i do wrong?
Wa7sh is offline Find More Posts by Wa7sh
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:35 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wa7sh View Post
hi,

I was flying little 3D then switch to normal mode, everything went good the heli was about 1-2 meters from the ground then it cut off for lipo it fell and broke gear and damaged the blades.
I bought set of blades and main gear then repaired the heli after that it shakes like HELL!! The last time i tried it the throttle was about 75% and it was not evening hovering 85% then it flu back and hit my feet!!!! thank god it was a little scratch!.
What Did i do wrong?
Sounds like the feathering shaft is bent. That's the little shaft that holds the two main blade grips to the head. On some helicopters, especially smaller ones, they bend quite easily should the blades strike the ground.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Sep 2011
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
Sounds like the feathering shaft is bent. That's the little shaft that holds the two main blade grips to the head. On some helicopters, especially smaller ones, they bend quite easily should the blades strike the ground.
i am a beginners sorry please pic's will be better
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined Sep 2011
128 Posts
thanks you are right it was bended
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:44 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,177 Posts
i would go here first befor you try to fly it again your going to need to sine up or in beore you can se the videoes
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:08 AM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Wa7sh— since you are new perhaps you won't mind a little advice: every time you have an unscheduled landing the entire helicopter needs to be looked over. You will bend the feathering (spindle) shaft and very often the main shaft as well.

When you remove and reassemble the rotor head you also need to put just the swash plate onto the main shaft, hook it up to the cyclic servos, and check to see if it is perfectly level at mid-throttle stick and also at the top and bottom of the collective pitch range. Needless to say, you have to disconnect the ESC from the motor before you do this. Very often the swash is not perfectly level so you need a few clicks of sub-trim on one or more channels to reset it.

Taking time to inspect your models will give you better service and more enjoyment.

Happy flying—
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com