HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2012, 07:38 AM
Joined Jul 2012
19 Posts
Yippee!
Wow - can't believe it ...

I was looking around for an upgrade to my mini-Super Cub. Thought about the Super Cub but didn't like the idea that I would have to add ailerons / flaperons. Then I found the SkyArtec Cessna 182. Of course I looked around for the best price for ARF or RTF. I found ARF for around $120 and RTF for $150. More research and I found an ARF at "A Main Hobby" for $99 for a 4 channel unit without radio. I decided I would go for it as I had a 7 channel radio I could plug in.

Today I got the airplane. Imagine my surprise when I opened the box and it had a 7 channel radio PLUS it had the flaps in addition to the ailerons! I don't know how they can do this but if you want a SkyArtec Cessna, this is the best price I found.
motorcycle jack is offline Find More Posts by motorcycle jack
Last edited by motorcycle jack; Jul 26, 2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: To move to Yippee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:19 AM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,590 Posts
good find !
Dennis Everett is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
It seems you're in luck they send you a RTF kit instead of the 99$ ARF kit!! Did you get a chance to test it?
Breuzie is offline Find More Posts by Breuzie
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Jan 2009
7,643 Posts
If it's the SKAt Cessna I'm thinking of, it's a winner. I dunno about the RTF version -- built mine from stripped airframe that someone gave me, so it was an "ARF." But a great flyer! Good find getting it with all the extras. Have fun!
rafe_b is offline Find More Posts by rafe_b
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined Jul 2012
19 Posts
No I haven't got a chance to get it in the air yet. What I noticed is that the hinges on all the movable surfaces is made of string reinforced tape! The ailerons and flaps aren't even inline with the wing surface. So I've got some work to do before it goes in the air! I need to make the ailerons and the elevator less sensitive, so move the clevises. And glue some real hinges in. Yes it is the SkyArtec unit, looks like a real winner once I get the plane flyable.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:35 PM
Joined Jan 2009
7,643 Posts
Yeah, I went through the same process with the airframe I had -- didn't care for the shoddy taped hinges at all, re-did them all with CA hinges. A buddy of mine also had a couple of copies of this plane, and used to fly the out of them.
rafe_b is offline Find More Posts by rafe_b
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:51 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
near Nijmegen, Netherlands
Joined Feb 2001
10,455 Posts
Wow, I can't believe you went through the trouble of registering to share your joy with us. You are too kind, really.
Ron van Sommeren is online now Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:44 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Apr 2012
42 Posts
mmmmmm tasty sarcasm...........
PBGOLFRC is offline Find More Posts by PBGOLFRC
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:09 PM
Joined Mar 2009
368 Posts
Call them and tell them they sent u the wrong kit, otherwise its stealing.
djacobox372 is offline Find More Posts by djacobox372
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:00 AM
Joined Jul 2012
19 Posts
Yea, said they were out of the others so sent this one. NO EXTRA charge! Now to go fly it tomorrow. Ron, I'll send you all my stolid twitter updates if you want, then you can share all my joy.