HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:56 AM
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
have u seen/used the Parrot ARDrone app? it would be great if u could improve on it. not too sure how though.
sjnicot is offline Find More Posts by sjnicot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:23 PM
Crash proof pilot
Svizzera, TI, Bellinzona
Joined Oct 2005
380 Posts
it will be a freeware app ?
FlyDave is offline Find More Posts by FlyDave
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:15 PM
Walking with the Lord
United States, OH, Tipp City
Joined Apr 2012
312 Posts
Starting with the timer to warn when you need to land. Thanks for the ideas so far.

Keep them coming. If you submit an idea app I make will be free for you. I'll just refund the money somehow through paypal. I don't think the App Store let's you pick who pays or not. But if something has a charge to it, I'll refund it. Just let me know.
GravyBones is offline Find More Posts by GravyBones
Old Aug 11, 2012, 01:05 AM
M16 CIII/AR15/FN 2000 and PS90
United States, AR, Waldron
Joined Jan 2005
521 Posts
Im very suprized as android has the majority of the market, If you think thier hardware is better look at the new android such as the S III. I realize you will get more money from the apple app, Greed rules.Sorry for the rant but android is a more flexable OS.
Denile is offline Find More Posts by Denile
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:23 AM
Thermite + ice = Big boom.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Apr 2009
2,377 Posts
Yeah i'm an android/ bb guy too.
But if you buy a macbook pro it can double as a soldering iron!
boaterguy is online now Find More Posts by boaterguy
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:41 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,320 Posts
I just got a Google Nexus 7 and LOVE it!!! I was searching around for R/C apps and stumbled on THIS on YouTube. The video is the only thing that still exists about the program. The website is dead and I can't find the program file anywhere online. Something like this is EXACTLY what I'm looking for in an app. I have dozens of airplanes, cars and trucks. Also thousands of dollars in kits, parts etc. I'm forever stumbling onto things I forgot I had. The portability and power of the Nexus 7 would be perfect for inputting my inventory. If it does what I want I wouldn't expect it to be a free app. I'll bet others would like to be able to keep better track of their R/C investment.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:26 AM
Walking with the Lord
Joined Apr 2012
312 Posts
About to release, waiting on App Store Review now.

I'm looking at Android too, but the fragmentation and instability are not something I want to have to think about, but nonetheless, I'm checking into it.

I picked up an S III from profits so I could dabble with it. It's okay, but once the customization gimmick wears off...what then?

More ideas needed.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:34 AM
United States, CA, Norwalk
Joined Apr 2004
2,725 Posts
Is it just the timer that you are releasing so far? Can you briefly describe it's operation?

Dan
Dan Baldwin is offline Find More Posts by Dan Baldwin
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:21 PM
United States, MN, Andover
Joined Sep 2012
113 Posts
Airplane locator!

1. Load Airplane Locator app on your cell phone.
2. Attach phone to airplane using every handymans favorite tool, duct tape.
3. Head down runway at full throttle and gain a bit of altitude.
4. Fly away until airplane spec disappears.
5. Use your buddies phone to text your plane.
6. Wait for reply from your old phone which will include its current GPS coordinates.
7. Bring camera to GPS coordinates and take some amazing crash photos for posting and our enjoyment.

I can't wait for my free app because this is surely gonna be a hit!
pspring is offline Find More Posts by pspring
Old Nov 03, 2012, 12:36 AM
York Electronics
Dallas Tx USA
Joined Apr 1999
2,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspring View Post
airplane locator!

1. Load airplane locator app on your cell phone.
6. Wait for reply from your old phone which will include its current gps coordinates.
7. Bring camera to gps coordinates and take some amazing crash photos for posting and our enjoyment.

roflmao!
Gary Warner is offline Find More Posts by Gary Warner
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:23 AM
Fls
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
If putting together a have it all goto-app heres a few ideas:
headspeed calculator, have a look at darkhorse HS calculator.
Flight/lipo logbook that syncs with iCloud/Dropbox back to your pc, preferably with a similar app for osx. If a common format is used for the data there might be suitable software out there already. It could also be web based.

What I really want to see is a programmer/flasher for blheli. Yes, this would require developing some hardware to make it a slick solution. But, it would probably be possible to macgyver something together out of existing hardware. For instance there is a serial terminal emulator in the AppStore. The hardware (cable) is bought separate. With hardware out of the way it might be possible to make the app compatible with other esc's. Maybe different apps for different brands of esc's.

I would pay for a solution like this. Btw, you can generate promo codes for free copies of your app with iTunes connect.
Fls is offline Find More Posts by Fls
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:39 AM
Walking with the Lord
Joined Apr 2012
312 Posts
Nice ideas. I am looking into simple bluetooth license with Apple now. $25k cost for that. The serial emulator may be way to make-do for simple data transmissions though. They'l likely all be free ads ad my sponsor is, well, the best.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:26 PM
Stuart
UK, Cardiff
Joined Dec 2008
3,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspring View Post
Airplane locator!

1. Load Airplane Locator app on your cell phone.
6. Wait for reply from your old phone which will include its current GPS coordinates.
7. Bring camera to GPS coordinates and take some amazing crash photos for posting and our enjoyment.

Sure, if you fly planes in areas where mobile phone reception is good, like in Cities.
srnet is online now Find More Posts by srnet
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:59 PM
Fls
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravyBones View Post
Nice ideas. I am looking into simple bluetooth license with Apple now. $25k cost for that. The serial emulator may be way to make-do for simple data transmissions though. They'l likely all be free ads ad my sponsor is, well, the best.
Yeah, Bluetooth is a bit of a hassle it seems, but there is certainly no need or reason to get MFI approval for something like this.

Giving it a second thought this idea, Bluetooth or by cable, is probably more appropriate as just a neat idea in a dream. There are far more simpler and cheaper solutions.
Fls is offline Find More Posts by Fls
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:59 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravyBones View Post
I picked up an S III from profits so I could dabble with it. It's okay, but once the customization gimmick wears off...what then?
Seriously? So after you have told all your friends you got the new iPhone....what then???
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA