ill try it if you send me a board to test with
What are you using as program now?
John.lille is offline Find More Posts by John.lille
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:39 PM
Multicopters in Lille, France
France, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Lille
Joined Mar 2012
167 Posts
New stock ! 2 versions of headers. All is soldered.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:13 AM
Joined Mar 2012
167 Posts
2 different headers to choose.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:06 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,062 Posts
I was thinking of trying the Megapirate code on my quad but right now its working so well on Multiwii I really don't want to change anything!

The weather here has been wet and increasingly cold lately so I haven't had a day I could get to the field with the quad when the weather has been good enough to fly and record video. A couple hours ago I charged a battery and went out in the yard to compare how this setup flys to a different MW Mega board I have, this one seems to have better position hold, a lot less wandering than the other board.

I also finally figured out what the problem was with the DJI F450 frame I first had this board on. The battery leads connect to the power board almost directly below where the mag chip is located on the MW the way I had it setup, not surprising the GPS didn't work right! Figured it out when the other board did exactly the same thing, took a different set of eyes looking at it to spot the obvious problem with the battery leads. I desoldered the wires and moved the connection point as far away from the board as possible and now I get pretty good position hold with a Mega board mounted on the F450 frame.

So if anyone else has trouble with heading hold and GPS not working well on a DJI frame, take a look at where you have the battery leads connected in relation to where the mag chip is, or better yet just feed the battery wires in with the wires from one of the ESCs and solder them to the same pads at the very edge of the lower frame plate, that cured the problem on my frame.

Ken
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:09 AM
Joined Jul 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
I was thinking of trying the Megapirate code on my quad but right now its working so well on Multiwii I really don't want to change anything!

The weather here has been wet and increasingly cold lately so I haven't had a day I could get to the field with the quad when the weather has been good enough to fly and record video. A couple hours ago I charged a battery and went out in the yard to compare how this setup flys to a different MW Mega board I have, this one seems to have better position hold, a lot less wandering than the other board.

I also finally figured out what the problem was with the DJI F450 frame I first had this board on. The battery leads connect to the power board almost directly below where the mag chip is located on the MW the way I had it setup, not surprising the GPS didn't work right! Figured it out when the other board did exactly the same thing, took a different set of eyes looking at it to spot the obvious problem with the battery leads. I desoldered the wires and moved the connection point as far away from the board as possible and now I get pretty good position hold with a Mega board mounted on the F450 frame.

So if anyone else has trouble with heading hold and GPS not working well on a DJI frame, take a look at where you have the battery leads connected in relation to where the mag chip is, or better yet just feed the battery wires in with the wires from one of the ESCs and solder them to the same pads at the very edge of the lower frame plate, that cured the problem on my frame.

Ken
Hi, Ken, thanks for your sharing!
Your plane is a quad, right? If you want to try the Megapirate, is really simple, just download the megapirate code into the MW Mega board, the wire connection no need to be changed.

Note: Save the MWC parameter setting before you download the Megapirate code.

I use Megapirate code with the MW Mega board, it works very well!
Jalen is offline Find More Posts by Jalen
Last edited by Jalen; Dec 08, 2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Jul 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.lille View Post
Anyone want to try MegaPirate?
I use the Megapirate code, the performance is very impressive, even with the default parameter。
Jalen is offline Find More Posts by Jalen
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:31 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,062 Posts
At some point I may load MegaPirate but right now it is flying so nicely that I don't want to disturb anything. I'll be using this quad mainly for FPV so I don't really need all extras you can do with MP, plus I have an APM 2.5 board to run the original code on with the Groundstation to try first.

Maybe if I crash this quad and have to do a rebuild I'll try the MP on the board, until then I like the way it works on MW 2.1!
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:19 PM
Joined Mar 2012
167 Posts
Great news from you.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:33 AM
Joined Mar 2012
167 Posts
The GPS can be connected by 6pins or 4pins cable.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:38 AM
Joined Mar 2012
167 Posts
For Pro Mini users, it must be the 4pin cable.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined Mar 2012
167 Posts
Choose the right cable when purchasing.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:48 PM
Joined Mar 2012
167 Posts
Bluetooth and Ublox LEA-6H added !
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:59 AM
Joined Mar 2012
167 Posts
LEA-6H is a GPS one and Galileo ready for the futur.