HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by sotog, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:06 PM
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Nov 2009
653 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
For Sale
X525 / X666 Hobby King Aluminum Motor Mount Set

The X525 / X666 Aluminum Motor Mount Set is CNC machined from billet aluminum. It is designed to adapt a large range of 28mm and 35mm outrunner motors to the common X525 / X666 Quadcopter kits sold by Hobby King, and many others.

These mounts are much stronger than the stock ones and will eliminate the common cracking and vibration issues. The X525 mounts are a direct replacement with no modifications necessary.

Two step installation:
1. Install motor to new mount with supplied motor screws.
2. Attach mount to frame with original mounting screws.
Included in the set: - Qty. (4) X525 / X666 Aluminum Motor Mounts, Qty. (16) M3 x 6mm long motor screws

Weight (1 mount): 9g

These are manufactured by Small Parts CNC. Please visit for more RC Products.

I am selling the complete set for $24.95 plus $2.00 shipping in the US and $4.00 shipping international. Contact me for any questions regarding mounts or motor compatibility.

Thanks for looking.

Terry
sotog is offline Find More Posts by sotog
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:24 AM
Joined May 2012
588 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Hey bud i have bought your mounts on your ebay store i came across this on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X400-X500-X5...item3ccbe7386c

you may want to report it if they have ripped off your design sure looks pretty close but i believe yours look a lot cleaner i love these mounts i have used them on other frames as well not just the x525 never even bent one it broke the bolts off and no damage to these mounts thank you for making a very good product pleas keep up the good work...
gitit20 is offline Find More Posts by gitit20
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Nov 2009
653 Posts
Thanks for the great feedback. I am very happy they are working out well for you.

Yes, this other ebay seller did somewhat copy my design, even used 95% of my add from my ebay and website listings. Tried reporting him for copying my add, but ebay said since it is not 100% exact they are not going to do anything about it. I guess people are allowed to take all the important information, and change a single word from 'excellent' to 'outstanding', and they can get away with it!

I even had another ebay seller selling our Multiplex FunCub mounts. He copied them 100% exact, and copied almost our identical add even kept the formatting the same. At least ebay let him know, and now he made a very minor change and is selling them again.

We do have our artwork copyrighted, so that does help a little if they copy our parts exact.

I guess I can take it as a compliment that people want to copy my designs, and a little competition never hurt. I just wish they would do their own research, designs, and come up with their own adds!

Thanks again and we'll keep the new products coming!

Terry
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:37 AM
Joined May 2012
588 Posts
Ya I understand how you feel Terry I have been there before not with this kind of thing but with a Signal Generator design...

I had to get a lawyer involved and that solved it for me... Not sure how that would work since that seller is some where in the UK but ya I love your mounts good clean design and tough as hell...

I do have a question though... I'm wanting to make a quad frame with carbon fiber arms your mounts and an aluminum center plats I'm working on a basic design still rough would you be able to cut it for me and also thinking what would be the lightest but strongest aluminum to use?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:40 AM
Joined Nov 2009
653 Posts
I'll send you a PM with my info and we can go over the details.

Terry
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:26 AM
Joined May 2012
588 Posts
Thanks Terry