HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:54 PM
It's a mere flesh wound!
Woodstock,Ga.
Joined Jun 2004
1,125 Posts
Thanks to the many people that helped me after my left leg collapsed on a launch in the 5th round on Saturday. For the rest of the weekend, every time I started to get out of my chair to get something someone would volunteer to get it for me.

Funny...I had been going to therapy for nerve problems in my right leg and it was my left leg that collapsed on me. I'm determined to get everything working correctly again before the next DLG contest.

I missed a couple of contests this year and it really felt good to see all my DLG friends again!! Maybe we should do this again next year!

Buddy
Buddy Roos is online now Find More Posts by Buddy Roos
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:12 AM
It's not the thing you fling;
Peachtree City, Ga
Joined Feb 2010
160 Posts
The Punkin Chunk wishes to recognize the "first timers" who participated in their first ever DLG contest. Please welcome the following new flyers - next contest San Felasco! Make your plans to be there.

Jason Sosa - Placed 12th in 2012 Punkin Chunk and won the Atlanta Hobby prize of TS DLG
Jeremy Hartmann - Placed 26th of a field of 31 pilots.
Richard Greet - Placed 29th
Bill Borchardt - Placed 30

Buddy Roos - Held down 31st after his leg collapsed.
bwatkins is offline Find More Posts by bwatkins
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:22 AM
Joined Oct 2011
23 Posts
Buddy
Jason and I would like to thank all of you for welcoming us into your circle, we got lot's of good pointers and help from anyone we asked. I'm bad at remebering names, but thanks to our neighbours in the pits for putting a towel on my Blaster after it was blown of the table.
Just a great bunch, we had a blast. During the 2 days I really improved my launch , so Jason watch out! Hope to see you for the next event!
Jeremy
swiss1 is offline Find More Posts by swiss1
Last edited by swiss1; Nov 13, 2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:41 AM
Jason Sosa now a DLG junkie
United States, AL, Clanton
Joined Aug 2010
56 Posts
Everyone
I had a geat time and learned so much at this contest, it was a thrill to see some of the best pilots in action and to be able to pick up some tips from them. Big thanks to Atlanta Hobby for sponsoring the rookie award, Cliff I will be building the topsky 2.0 disser right away. I plan to get a ton of flying in before february and hope to make the trip to the San Felasco event. Again big thanks to everyone.
Jason
evel_knievel34 is offline Find More Posts by evel_knievel34
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:27 PM
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Mar 2008
1,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Roos View Post
Thanks to the many people that helped me after my left leg collapsed on a launch in the 5th round on Saturday. For the rest of the weekend, every time I started to get out of my chair to get something someone would volunteer to get it for me.

Funny...I had been going to therapy for nerve problems in my right leg and it was my left leg that collapsed on me. I'm determined to get everything working correctly again before the next DLG contest.

I missed a couple of contests this year and it really felt good to see all my DLG friends again!! Maybe we should do this again next year!

Buddy
Yea let's do it again except for the leg collapsing thing.
Traian is offline Find More Posts by Traian
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:29 AM
Joined Jun 2003
392 Posts
When leaving the field I found a red switch jack that has a deans pin connector on it. If it is yours send me your address so I can sent it to you.
Todd
ifome is offline Find More Posts by ifome
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:06 AM
Don't Fight the Torque Roll!
Belleair Beach, FL
Joined Mar 2008
305 Posts
What a great time! I always enjoy getting together with all my DLG friends. Thanks to Burt, Nathan, Cliff and the whole NASA club for a great weekend. I really appreciate the advice Nathan, Jeff, and Bruce gave me as callers. Even though I placed horribly, I am hooked! Hopefully, I can do better this Friday at the Tangerine contest in Ocala. Congratulations to Jeff, Bruce and Frank for a superb performance. Sorry, Nathan I think I handicapped you by timing for you most of the weekend. But you did a great job nonetheless.

Mike
livemike is offline Find More Posts by livemike
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:00 AM
It's not the thing you fling;
Peachtree City, Ga
Joined Feb 2010
160 Posts
Second T-shirt order placed. Due to Thanksgiving holiday, they won't be done until Nov 29th.
These are for local folks that are due them.

Cliff @ Atlanta Hobby has all the Extras. You can get an extra shirt if you like by calling him.
Got some 3XL (bell bottom) shirts for us gravitationally challenged figures
bwatkins is offline Find More Posts by bwatkins