what's the motor for?
United States, NC, Durham
Joined Dec 2005
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone View Post
Congrats Jeff you were on fire.
Donnie
Jeff was so on fire that he took a dip in the Chattahoocee!
Falco peregrinus is offline Find More Posts by Falco peregrinus
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:45 PM
It's not the thing you fling;
Peachtree City, Ga
Joined Feb 2010
146 Posts
CD's "special" achievement award bobble heads.
These bobble heads awarded to recognize unique happenings observed by the CD

Jeff "Van Down By The River" Carr - for wading in the cold Chattahoochee River to retrieve his airplane and finding TWO airplanes!

Christine Davidson - A shining example of spouse support - AND - cohosting The Bruce

Bert Dukes - Timer of the Contest for ducking at last minute to avoid a full frontal impact with a landing glider. Alway supporting the Punkin Chunk over it's 3 years
bwatkins is offline Find More Posts by bwatkins
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:46 PM
United States, GA, Cumming
Joined Mar 2006
55 Posts
A great weekend of soaring in Atlanta! Special thanks to those pilots who travelled to compete at the 2012 Punkin Chunk. Hopefully we can grow this contest every year.
av8rga is offline Find More Posts by av8rga
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:02 PM
Peachtree City, Ga
Joined Feb 2010
146 Posts
Group Shot
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:05 PM
Tullahoma, Tn
Joined Apr 2002
439 Posts
Back in Tennessee. What a great event, perfect weather, great field and the Atlanta guys put on an event you don't want to miss. I want to thank Atlanta Hobby supporting F3K and allowing me to win a new Radian door prize. This is a must attend event. Conditions were challenging on most rounds (well at least for me) but not unfair. The winners Jeff, Bruce, and Frank and the rest of the top guys really flew well. Congrats to all.

Don
Don C is offline Find More Posts by Don C
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:19 PM
Peachtree City, Ga
Joined Feb 2010
146 Posts
F3K World Team Raffel

Over $1200.00 raised for F3K World team support

Here are the winners

Thanks Atlanta Hobby and Horizon
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:58 PM
DLG Addict
Peachtree City, GA
Joined Nov 2001
246 Posts
Congrats to Jeff, Bruce, and Frank. Great flying by all.

This is the 3rd year of the punkin chunk and by far the best! I would like to thank everyone for coming as it was a late season contest. The weather could not have been any better and we had a great turn out.

Hats off to Burt Watkins! Without this guys hard work along with NASA and its team being a gracious host, the 3rd punkin chunk would not have happened.

Also a HUGE thanks to Cliff with Atlanta Hobby as he doubled down to help the cause! Not only did he provide some serious prizes, but also the food. He was even flippin burgers and dogs on Saturday (and pretty darn good at it too!).

For those who made it, thanks again, and for those who missed out (Bob, Paul, WALT, and the Florida guys) we wish you could have made it.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at San Felasco.

Later.
ebrown is offline Find More Posts by ebrown
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:03 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,115 Posts
Nice prizes!
Thanks very much, Cliff, Atlanta Hobby, Horizon, NASA Crew and all the pilots!

Soar!
Jun
jcats is online now Find More Posts by jcats
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:17 PM
Hey was that a Thermal ????
Joined Nov 2009
2,448 Posts
What an incredible weekend !!!! Josh and I were 2 of the four that camped out on the field. Josh timed for a bunch of folks and learned a great deal. I spent the weekend showing folks where the good lift was and then flying so poorly I landed first.

It was really nice to see friends and I love this field. It is really challenging and yet open enough for novice pilots. This is definitely an event to put on your schedule.

With this crowd of great pilots it was no surprise to me how consistently they flew.

Made some new friends and look forward to seeing everyone in February !!!

Paul
The_Builder is offline Find More Posts by The_Builder
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:27 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
2,216 Posts
Congrats to Jeff, Bruce, Frank, and all fly-off pilots!!!
Tell us some war stories now. What was that river dipping all about?
olgol is offline Find More Posts by olgol
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DLG assembly service
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:29 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2004
196 Posts
What a great weekend. Thank you the NASA group.
Also I would like to thank Cliff and Atlanta Hobbies.

Russ
Merk is offline Find More Posts by Merk
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:33 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
4,010 Posts
What a great event! Thanks to the NASA club members for the use of the field, Bert for his great direction and Cliff from Atlanta Hobby for his generous donations. And to my fellow competitors, the positive atmosphere and sharing of knowledge was incredible and really helpful for a new guy like myself. I can't wait till next year when I'll be sure to have a plane capable of launching higher than 50 feet
electrich is offline Find More Posts by electrich
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:52 PM
Knoxville, TN, United States
Joined Jan 2004
266 Posts
Thanks everyone for a great time!
Michael
relaxnfly is offline Find More Posts by relaxnfly
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:55 PM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY F3B View Post
Totally awesome Atlanta crew!!!! 1,200 bucks is tremendous. We can't thank you enough.

Congrats to Jeff! Awesome flying. Congratulations to Bruce and Frank too. Must have been a close and hard fought battle.

Also really cool idea for getting new guys to compete. Best first contest ever award, love it.

Happy Veterans Day everyone.

Mike
A huge +1 to Mike's post! You guys are awesome, thank you!
Congrats to Jeff, Bruce, Frank and everyone who attended, you're all winners of a great time!!

Charlie
cptsnoopy is online now Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Jun 2003
391 Posts
This was my first time to the Punpkin Chunk! Nice field and good to see so many new guys flying Dlg's. Jason did awesome for his first contest. CD Burt Watkins was a great CD and did so much for us to have fun! Thanks for all the Scoring Burt!
Cliff Whitney of Atlanta Hobbies really supported this Contest not with just prizes but with sweat equity and the love to support DLG and new guys. Also his wife and Lou's wife to serve us the great lunches everyday with all the support of the NASA group.
I also want to thank Horizon for their surpport along with Atlanta Hobbies for the E-Flite Mystique 2.9 meter Glider! I'm so lucky to have won!
I hope this contest is the same time next year so I can bring my son to fly in for his first contest!
Way to go Jeff! You the man.
Bruce you are good too! (also at billard ) Frank you are alway tops at your game
I missed seeing Walt but got to see his Buddy.
Todd
ifome is offline Find More Posts by ifome