HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by slebetman, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:08 AM
Malaysia, Selangor, Kajang
Joined Jun 2009
1,453 Posts
Build Log
FF Planktastic - rubber powered flying wing

This is a rubber powered version of my Planktastic.
slebetman is offline Find More Posts by slebetman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:47 AM
Experimental Flyer
United States, MO, Clark
Joined Jul 2012
48 Posts
Thumb's up

Very interesting design.
hitechredneck is offline Find More Posts by hitechredneck
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:57 PM
Sometimes it work some don't
╔mirats arabes unis, Ras el Kha´mah, Ras Al-Khaimah
Joined Oct 2010
944 Posts
Yes cool idea, anything I should know to reproduce this one on a bigger scale with electric power?
RCSquale is offline Find More Posts by RCSquale
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:10 AM
Malaysia, Selangor, Kajang
Joined Jun 2009
1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSquale View Post
Yes cool idea, anything I should know to reproduce this one on a bigger scale with electric power?
Whoa. Didn't realize anyone would be interested. Just posted the pictures for my own record.

This planform is a fairly old design of mine. I built several RC versions of it last year. You can see the build log for it here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1484974

The basic plan is fairly simple. Just choose a wing span and chord you want to build at. Then extend the tips by about 1/2 to 2/3 chord length. The tip width is roughly the same as chord length but can be modified a bit larger or smaller if necessary.

Cut out the shape (or draw out the plan) using the above measurements and give the 'tail' a bit of reflex/up trim. CG as usual is around 1/3 chord but my RC models prefer very nose heavy CG at around 10% chord. I guess it depends on the airfoil of the main wing.

My RC version is very steady in the roll and yaw axis but is very pitch sensitive.
slebetman is offline Find More Posts by slebetman