HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:29 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Some people actually prefer fiat currency ...
Many think competing currencies is the way to go, and I agree. Let folks who want fiat money use it from a banking system which creates it. Me, i prefer a commodity backed money.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:37 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
Many think competing currencies is the way to go, and I agree. Let folks who want fiat money use it from a banking system which creates it. Me, i prefer a commodity backed money.
Let me ask you, how many understood how important grains would be... and own it?
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:39 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
The US Constitution arranges for our government to issue our money

Debt free Constitutional money would turn us back into a nation of free men, i.e savers and owners,, overnight

It's too bad they already stole our farms, our factories, our homes, everything we built,, using paper debt trickery, immigration and offshoring

People do not own their homes the banks hold promise to pay notes on the properties.. Private banks basically bought all of America with counterfeited paper levereed against real property

Why would I support non-ownership and debt slavery?

OUR REPRESENTATIVE GOVERNMENT issuing debt free money through spending is the way to go and they can tax it back
Banks can serve depositors... actually government banks could be part of their monetary responsibility

We could start to manufacture again with ownership and money in our hands and freedom... then we would not need the colonial merchants and their wallstreet operation any longer

I was hoping to get people's opinions on where the stock market is going... what with all the expert commentors here abouts... put your money where your mouth is.. put your reputation on the line with a forecast

Are the banks really extinguishing our money as fast as the government can borrow and spend it or will the corporations get things going to their liking? will the corporations benefit the stock holders? etc.

To say the government needs to stop spending money while homeowners are trillions in debt and banks extinguish money daily just shows ignorance imo

It looks to me like I will be right.. I've been saying for over a decade that this has been coming... I think the george bush paper debt machine really got us this time

I go further to say london bankers use freemasons as their foreign agents to steal America from us American citizens
Piperpi is offline Find More Posts by Piperpi
Last edited by Piperpi; Jul 25, 2012 at 03:49 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:00 AM
Joined May 2010
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjetpilot View Post
Not at all... but Ron Paul is a nut job... two different issues.
well i guess freedom less war free trade and and following the constitution is nuts.
hay you will enjoy your police state with the only 2 dem choices Obama and romney vs Dr.Paul Goldwater Conservative.Hay but i,m shure you like war. Killing innocents by drone. fiat money. the over 50% tax you pay by the end of the year.
or you love Romneys gun grabs. i can cite these but you are a party neoconed.
abortion is murder? yes! it is and Romney is for it. Ya ya this nut has championed out constitution for over the last 20 years. .............
I wish i could be half the nut he is. Ahh but you and romney just love Ndaa correct? Patriot act Romney wants more Cispa more Sopa more.call Dr. Paul crazy for wanting to keep my life blood and not give money to foreign country's.ic man i,m nuts
QQuestor is offline Find More Posts by QQuestor
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:41 AM
Not watchin from the sideline
United States, OH
Joined Nov 2011
36 Posts
To audit or not to audit?

Watched the replays on cspan just a little bit ago... Heres a small recap.

For oversight of the federal reserve:
R.Paul (Texas), Issa (Cali), Clay(Miss), Kucinuich (Ohio), Brown (Ohio), Chaffetz (Utah), Farentholt (Texas), Amash (Michigan), RehBerg (Montana),Jenkins (Kansas), Lumis (Wyoming)

Against more oversight:
Frank (Mass), Hoyer (Maryland), Maloney (California), Watt (NC), Cummings (Maryland)

The arguments made for no oversight:

Fear that decisions would be based upon the political aspects rather than the economical aspects; and the need to keep it free of the interference from partisan politics. Fear that they would no longer make the tough chooses that need to be made.

That it would have a large destabilizing effect on our economy and on other economies.

That Dodd-Frank already gives congress enough auditing authority and governance.

Barney Frank says that Paul and supporters wants to look "tough" by trying to audit the fed, but is not tough enough to write up a bill to subject the federal reserve to appropriations. The jest being that they are trying to make themselves look good but not effectively doing anything.

Another being that if congress had the responsibility of the Fed, the individuals in congress would then themselves be subject to an audit. (Interesting)

The arguments made for oversight:

The need for transparency. Especially now since the Fed had tripled since 2008.

That there are Trillions of dollars being dealt out to those that already have substantial amounts of wealth. The bailing out of corporations and international banks to which our current system cant currently audit.

That Dodd-Frank doesn’t allow enough governance on some very specific issues dealing with the likes of international bailouts, such as ones in Europe.

That by prohibiting congress from knowing what, how and where the fed does business that they are neglecting part of their constitutional purpose. I will post Article 1 Section 8 below.

Article One, Section Eight
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the
United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
To borrow money on the credit of the United States;
To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;
To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;
To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;
Yeaman is offline Find More Posts by Yeaman
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:11 AM
United States, OH
Joined Nov 2011
36 Posts
Yep, just found the whole video.

Congress Debates Ron Paul's Audit The Federal Reserve Bill (Audio Out Of Sync Recapturing Now) (52 min 26 sec)

In my opinion Barney Frank is deflecting.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:25 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Of course he's deflecting .... Gotta protect his buddies in the FED and in the financial industries. Frank-Dodd was a joke ... Written by people who benefitted from the financial industry.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:30 AM
Disgruntled Member
United States, OK, Anadarko
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
We should go back to the gold standard, the Fed only issues out Monopoly® money.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:26 PM
United States, OH
Joined Nov 2011
36 Posts
Passed

The bill just passed in the house. So now its dependent on the senate.

"The bill, which has 270 co-sponsors, passed 327 to 98. All but one Republican voted for it, along with 89 Democrats." (from huffingtonpost)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1702879.html
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:40 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Awesome!
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:49 PM
United States, OH
Joined Nov 2011
36 Posts
Link to voting results.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/112-2012/h513
Old Jul 25, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeaman View Post
The bill just passed in the house. So now its dependent on the senate.

"The bill, which has 270 co-sponsors, passed 327 to 98. All but one Republican voted for it, along with 89 Democrats." (from huffingtonpost)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1702879.html

Yay!
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA