HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:25 AM
cocoa, Fla
Joined Jul 2009
260 Posts
check out our web site for hardware, expresscraft.com i think you will find we have some great stuff at great prices.i have a prather deep v hardware kit i will sell for 100.00 it was 164.95 but is dated now. its brand new in the box and comes with a complet strut,wedge rudder,trim tabs,s/s turn fin,prop shaft,drive dog,prop nut,teflon lined stuffing box,1/4 square cable w/furrule, thrrottle cable set foe homelite,kill switch and all the s/s hardware for mounting. prather kit#1101. i do not normally post on build threads but this set is made for a homelite and is cheap. i only have one kit and i do not think they are made anymore. so i hope it helps on your build if you go this way.
Expresscraft is offline Find More Posts by Expresscraft
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:22 AM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresscraft View Post
check out our web site for hardware, expresscraft.com i think you will find we have some great stuff at great prices.i have a prather deep v hardware kit i will sell for 100.00 it was 164.95 but is dated now. its brand new in the box and comes with a complet strut,wedge rudder,trim tabs,s/s turn fin,prop shaft,drive dog,prop nut,teflon lined stuffing box,1/4 square cable w/furrule, thrrottle cable set foe homelite,kill switch and all the s/s hardware for mounting. prather kit#1101. i do not normally post on build threads but this set is made for a homelite and is cheap. i only have one kit and i do not think they are made anymore. so i hope it helps on your build if you go this way.
Thank u but I think that I'd better work on making a floating boat first. I finally found a specialty lumber yard that has 1/8" luan! i'm so happy!
builder bob is offline Find More Posts by builder bob
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:58 AM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
here's a pic of what i've gotten done so far and another of a prowler which is very similar to the boat i'm building.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:51 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
I will be getting wood soon!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:08 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,940 Posts
I'm hoping to also later on!
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:19 PM
Joined Apr 2008
508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by builder bob View Post
i found two but not working ones which are in new york. can sombody help?
You can try using a echo gt2000 trimmer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ECHO-GT-2000...OWERED-STRING-
TRIMMER-/180936816651?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a20ac b80b

Homelite trimmers do come up on Ebay. You just have to patient. Check you local repair shop. I was at mine today and he had lots of sx135 trimmers but Im mot buying that model.
txt killer is offline Find More Posts by txt killer
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:37 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
thanks txt killer, do those have a clutch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Olson View Post
I'm hoping to also later on!
you'll probably get the wood before me, i can't legally drive. what you buildin?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:11 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,940 Posts
If you can't legally drive then you probably didn't get the joke above. Don't make me explain it to you.

I've been working with wood all this past week anyway, remodeling my RC boat hauling trailer, installing a boat rack and getting my little .12 powered outrigger hydro out of mothballs to race in September.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:20 AM
Joined Apr 2008
508 Posts
Quote:
thanks txt killer, do those have a clutch?

you'll probably get the wood before me, i can't legally drive. what you buildin?
That one does. It's a good motor. Not a much hp as a Homelite but better than a Mac.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:17 AM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
ok thanks for the info on it. those are some nice looking boats Ron. here's my mini verison of the boat i'm making, it never worked but it was fun to make.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:23 AM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
this is totaly unrelated to my boat but, what percentage oil content is good for nitro boats?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 01:31 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
Progress will be slow on my boat until I get more wood, probably will be on monday.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:19 PM
Joined Apr 2008
508 Posts
Quote:
this is totaly unrelated to my boat but, what percentage oil content is good for nitro boats?
I've always ran 18% because I have older engines.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:56 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
Ok, maybe I will finish my little boat then I have fuel with that percentage. Back to the big boat, I tried making a windshield out of some wood scraps earlier. It looked real good so I decided to put clear windows init. The cuts weren't grate but I got em smothed out before I tried to put in da windows. The plexiglass was easy to cut but it had a fue spots that I had cut to small. I tried CA'ing them in. It frothed up on the glass or ran across before it dried. The windows were smeared but when I got em wet the smudges and bombs weren't really visible. I decided to clean It up with CA debonder, that made it worse And now u can't eaven sea through them!
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:12 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
I got a sheet of Luan!!!!! I shud have most of the hull done by tomaro!