HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:57 PM
Faroe Islands/Germany
Joined Nov 2000
5,983 Posts
Discussion
First flight in 2 years

It really is like riding a bike - you never forget how to.

Just completed a MacZip and flew it today at the local park. Perfect warm evening with no wind. The model has an AP-03 brushless motor, GWS 4x2.5 prop, HK 1-cell ESC, Orange R415 DSM2 RX and two of the nice little HK-5320 1.7g servos. Flew it with both a 90mAh cell and a 200mAh cell. Duration on the 200 was over 20 minutes as the model will cruise along at half throttle. AUW with the 200mAH cell is 30grams. No effort was made to lighten the equipment and the U/C uses heavier wire than is really needed and the wheels are heavy(ish) as well but there were what I had in the bits box. Wings bend in tight turns so a couple of struts from thin CF rod are needed. Other than that I'm happy with the model.

Sorry no pictures yet but I will get some taken very soon.

I have a laser on its way from China so when it arrives I will be making kits for sale. I lost my job back in June and have not had any luck finding work. I'm therefore starting up my own business. It will not be like in the old Indoor Flyer days - too much competition from RTF models and Hobby King to make a living from micro R/C so the only related products for the forseeable future will be a few kits from my own designs.

The business will have a broad range of model hobby related products. You can sneak a peek at: http://www.bustedbricks.com I'm still building the shop and am waiting for a lot of stock so we're not taking orders yet. I don't expect to have kits available until end of August.

Michael
epilot is offline Find More Posts by epilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:14 PM
billyjim
Cullman, AL
Joined Jun 2007
914 Posts
Lots of luck in your new biz

MICHAEL:

Good to hear from you! May you be successful in your new venture and have lots of fun in between !

Bill
billyjim is offline Find More Posts by billyjim
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:13 PM
West of California Speedway, East of LaLa, North of Disneyland
Joined May 2001
2,345 Posts
Michael,

You have served me well in the past, both with your direct business, advice when I needed it, and even when you handed the commercial end over to RobotBirds.

I pledge to help in any way - ideas, advice, and when I have the cash, ................purchases from your new business
356Jim is offline Find More Posts by 356Jim
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:11 AM
Faroe Islands/Germany
Joined Nov 2000
5,983 Posts
Thank you Gents!

Starting a business on a shoestring budget is an uphill struggle I can tell you. So far its been more setbacks than progress but I'm slowly getting there.
epilot is offline Find More Posts by epilot