HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2012, 05:09 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
thanks Joe, ya the autofocus was on but if you cant keep the jet in the frame then whats their to focus on lol!! its me I just have to get better, I just picked up a mono pod for recording Jets lol!!!! I think it will help! I chose a superzoom camera with HD video over a camcorder its a Sony HX200V so far it is exceeding my expectations
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2012, 05:38 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,767 Posts
I've been flying mine stock for a while. Since I'm the cameraman, there's no video of it, but here's a local customers Habu 2 flying on 5s. ( the setup is 6s capable)

efflux RC presents.....Dan's Habu 2 (5 min 0 sec)

I did the flap mod to mine and will do the retracts and a power system change out next week. I'll have someone fly it so I can get some Video.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Aug 18, 2012, 05:41 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
United States, TX, Garland
Joined May 2005
3,343 Posts
Dang, from nothing to 3 good videos in 1 day, you guys are killin me! I got to change my sons A/C compressor this morning...... Maybee tommorrow I can get out there and fly unless this rain stays around...
I almost built mine stock, but I flew a club members Habu 1 and it flew fine but really slow so I went off that and decided I needed more power then that, but these stock videos seem to show Version 2 may be a little bit faster.
fh64_lucky is offline Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:36 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
Joe
I think the V2 is faster compared to the original in stock form, the video of Blair's that I posted is bone stock 4s setup right out of the box
Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:54 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
Joe
I think the V2 is faster compared to the original in stock form, the video of Blair's that I posted is bone stock 4s setup right out of the box
John,
I radared my Habu 2, box stock.
Averaged upwind/ downwind flat and level speed is 81 mph.

I also radared a stock V1 foamy Habu the same day. 71mph.

So the stock Habu 2 is 10mph faster than the original, and that's with the fixed gear hanging down.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:01 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
swear to god I was gonna say 10mph faster lol!!! but that was just a visual impression I had from the field so I didnt say anything, thanks Gary glad to know my eyes are still calibrated
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:30 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
893 Posts
@Jcdfrd, the key to keeping your camera in focus ALL the time is; before you start recording switch to manual focus and zoom all the way in to the furthest object in view, focus on that and then when you zoom back out everything stays focused for you when your recording the flights. Just as long as nothing goes furthur than what you initially focused on you will always have good video! You can now zoom in and out with the action and you will always be in focus! Cheers bro, hope this makes sense.
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:38 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,343 Posts
Don dopplered mine and it hit 115mph with bad batteries and no thrust tube,so now I figure it will be in low 120mph and maybee high 120mph if I put thrust tube in,but I dont think I will,Its not a missle jet, no reason to try and make it one.
AHHHH, I just read Garys post and that confirms my eye also, H2 looked faster!
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:39 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
I will give that a try, I have heard of that technique so I will give it a go and see which way I like or the camera likes lol!! as soon as I get it figured out then I have to train somebody else (Nick) how to do it so they can video me!!!!
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:41 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,343 Posts
Side note... Phoenix is done and ran it up.....muhuhahahahahaaahaha
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:41 AM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,343 Posts
I noticed some wing flex in mine, so today I installed some CF stock in bottom of wings and CF ribbon on under side of tail and that really stiffened it all up.I expect a crisper feel on future flights.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:01 AM
Happy Habu Hustler
Joined May 2012
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fh64_lucky View Post
I noticed some wing flex in mine, so today I installed some CF stock in bottom of wings and CF ribbon on under side of tail and that really stiffened it all up.I expect a crisper feel on future flights.
Where/how did you install it?

I'm thinking the existing servo wire channel would be a good place.
kevinrc is offline Find More Posts by kevinrc
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:23 AM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,343 Posts
I put it at along near rear if wing,it runs under the aileron (flaps if I had them)control wire.I will post pictures later.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:43 AM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,343 Posts
CF pictures added

Rectangular rods level with bottom of wing.I used a Dremel with used cutoff wheel to set depth and slotted wing.It is noticably stronger with alot less flex.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined May 2012
83 Posts
Well, I finally got my Habu2 in the air tonight. In fact, it was only about 1hr ago and I loved it!

Takeoff was a little sketchy as I treated it like my Trojan lol. Lesson learned. You'll see from the video what I mean

The landing was a little sketchy too but I got it down in one piece and that's always a good landing in my book haha. Can't wait for my second flight. I'm sure it will be much more professional ;-)

Here's a little video of the takeoff... just uploading the flying and landing video.

Parkzone Habu 2 EDF Jet Maiden Voyage - takeoff at Davidstow Airfield (0 min 58 sec)
Boro is offline Find More Posts by Boro