HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:28 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilRivera View Post
So far two flughts, feels very much like the Evader on landing, but I still have to put in a few more flights to get accustomed to it. It comes in real nice with a bit less speed than the Evader, on grass it rolled maybe 10 feet after touchdown. I have the CG right at the reccomended point and That is with 1/4 ounce lead in the nose, will play around with it some more. I was impressed with the roll rate, it probably does 3 rolls per second ! I toned down the aileron rates, flew smooth on the second flight. More to come later....
How is vertical???
super kupfer is online now Find More Posts by super kupfer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:07 PM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Dec 2008
242 Posts
My tone down aileron travel is about 2.5 mn up and down, or ablut .10 of an inch . I tried power off landing but in all 3 flights I had to add power, on the last landing I brought it in eith power to control the descent, that worked out to a perfect landing right in front of me ! I am liking the Phazer more and more !
NeilRivera is offline Find More Posts by NeilRivera
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:08 PM
Joined Dec 2008
242 Posts
I have not gone vertical yet, will do on my flights tomorrow...
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:15 PM
Beep...Beep...beep
waterdown,ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,038 Posts
Thanks Neil! looks like your just below the low rate of 3mm good to know.

I'm thinking an arc 28-48 1 60-65mm fan on 4s and 5s wonder what that would pull in a 6404....lol Too many choices.
imyohero is offline Find More Posts by imyohero
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:52 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
882 Posts
I'm looking at Don's Wicked Plus 4400KV motor mounted and dynamically balanced in one of his 60mm fans putting out 675 watts at 45amps. That fan would still be able to be mounted behind the cheater hole. If I chose to go with the standard configuration, I'd put in a dynamically balanced Hyperflow fan with a Wicked 4800kv motor producing about 560 watts at 41amps. Or do I just go all in with a 70mm? I assume the 70 will have more thrust but will that equate to higher top end speeds? What about efflux speed?

I don't particularly care about more thrust unless it can be translated to higher top end speed. I don't need the plane to accelerate faster or climb vertical longer, I want more mph's.
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:11 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,427 Posts
More thrust, More speed.

I'm thinking the jet stock weight ready to fly is 900g, with a 70mm & 6cell setup its going to be about 1100-1200g but your going to get double the thrust power.

The hyperflow only gives you about 850g/thrust, a 70mm setup would give you around 1800g/thrust.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:40 PM
Beep...Beep...beep
waterdown,ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,038 Posts
I think you could hit 130 without going to 70mm, Ofcourse untill its done that might just be jibber jabber lol

personally i dont want to add too much more weight, Thats why i like the 60-64mm range lower amp draw lighter batts tons of thrust and high effux.

The dons is an awsome setup (4400+ 60mm) and i think was around 120-125mph in a f16 but that doesnt mean the phazer will be anywhere near that, depends on how much drag difference there is.

Don himself said his setups arent made to be the fasted thing out there , just an upgrade to most stock systems thats reliable and powerful, speed freaks will want more.

Thats why I'm thinking a 28-48-1 4250kv in a 60mm with a cut down hayoe 64mm 7blade and crank the crap outta that on 4s and 5s.

maybe even in a 6404, Aaargh so many dagone choices lol
imyohero is offline Find More Posts by imyohero
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:01 PM
New Brunswick
Joined Feb 2006
1,121 Posts
LOL!!!!! yeah it was a secret when the video was made, and after Tam witnessed the performance of our franken fan he incorporated it into his TJ70 lineup and now produces and sells 4mm,5mm true precision shaft adapters and a alloy spinner for the cs70/10 rotor and dynamically balanced rotors. to go along with that the Delta-v 15 and 32 housings have identical motor tubes so his heat sink carbon tailcone upgrade for the Habu32 V32 housing also a perfect fit for the V15 housing. this gives excellent cooling to the motor and allows the esc to be installed in the tailcone for excellent cooling and ease of installation.[/QUOTE]

Funny I know! But I like your setup a lot!
choopi is offline Find More Posts by choopi
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:50 AM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,427 Posts
I pulled out the original battery tray, going to install a longer one to accomodate the 6cell Li-Po battery + I hate that crappy hot glue they use so I intend to glue all with epoxy or hysol depending on what I'm using that night.

I had a crazy idea in my head after I pulled that tray, Its called micro retarcts but I think thats going to be my attempt on maybe the second or third airframe depending on how I like this thing........first lets see how she flies with a 70mm.

If I can hit 130mph with unlimited vertical and great acceleration I will be happy, anything more then that would be stupid for this size of airframe
Old Aug 25, 2012, 04:49 AM
C6 Z06 pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer View Post
I pulled out the original battery tray, going to install a longer one to accomodate the 6cell Li-Po battery + I hate that crappy hot glue they use so I intend to glue all with epoxy or hysol depending on what I'm using that night.

I had a crazy idea in my head after I pulled that tray, Its called micro retarcts but I think thats going to be my attempt on maybe the second or third airframe depending on how I like this thing........first lets see how she flies with a 70mm.

If I can hit 130mph with unlimited vertical and great acceleration I will be happy, anything more then that would be stupid for this size of airframe
You sound aeronautically mental...I like it!
setxws6 is offline Find More Posts by setxws6
Old Aug 25, 2012, 05:57 AM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer View Post

Use care with a larger battery. Unless you downsize in capacity, the heavier battery will make for a considerably nose-heavy situation which makes the Phazer drop its nose in turns - the tighter the turn the worse the situation when nose-heavy.

Tim
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:57 AM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRProton View Post
Use care with a larger battery. Unless you downsize in capacity, the heavier battery will make for a considerably nose-heavy situation which makes the Phazer drop its nose in turns - the tighter the turn the worse the situation when nose-heavy.

Tim
I'm putting a 70mm unit in the back so that should take care of that.

6cell 2600mAh in the front and 70mm EDF unit in the back (the goal is a 3300mAh but we will see how she balances first).

BTW, I already ordered another Phazer as I have some other ideas for #2.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:58 AM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by setxws6 View Post
You sound aeronautically mental...I like it!
Just love it.....lol
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Dec 2008
242 Posts
Just finished 2 flights .... I am very happy to say " UNLIMITED" vertical ! It goes out of sight and I had to pull down to end the upline as it was hard to see ! I like this plane a lot !
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:47 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,760 Posts
neil
are you flying it stock on 4s?
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd