SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:27 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E View Post
I picked one up during lunch today. Let's see what we can do with it. I've got several 70mm fan and motor options that I could put in there. I might just go with the Eflite 70mm fan and motor. It's the smoothest running of the 70's I have. I also have a Wemo and HET setup that I could put in there. We'll see.

It's a great looking little plane.
Let us know how it goes with the eflite 69mm fan. I have an extra one laying around too. Give us some pics when it happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
actually they said 100 in the video.
I stand corrected.
setxws6 is offline Find More Posts by setxws6
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:42 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,550 Posts
I took it out, was very easy, going to keep the former for added stiffness.
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:48 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,550 Posts
For those who wonder
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:15 AM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by setxws6 View Post
Let us know how it goes with the eflite 69mm fan. I have an extra one laying around too. Give us some pics when it happens!

I stand corrected.
I'm thinking the Eflite 69mm with a Eflite BL32 motor on 6 cells (maybe even change the rotor to a 10blade CS)
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:40 AM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
thats actually a really good setup, we are running quite a few of them. this is what got me thinking that taking it down to 65mm would be a good option, it should still have wicked thrust and have more eflux at a lower amp draw as compared to it full size at 70mm

some early testing vid
Secret Setup (4 min 45 sec)
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Last edited by jcdfrd; Aug 24, 2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:17 AM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
thats actually a really good setup, we are running quite a few of them. this is what got me thinking that taking it down to 65mm would be a good option, it should still have wicked thrust and have more eflux at a lower amp draw as compared to it full size at 70mm

some early testing vid
http://youtu.be/ASthe_QYJyc
That's pretty quick
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:29 AM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
uh yeah and thats a PZ Habu Painted with retracts running 6s 35c 3300 nano at 4.1lbs dopplered just over 120mph

I should mention that the secret setup was a Tamjet housing with the bl32 motor and cs 70/10 rotor, however our testing did start with the v15 housing and is still a great option especially with Tams shaft adapter and alloy spinner, dynamically ballanced cs10 blade rotor and his v32/v15 heatsink w/tailcone. the TJ70/10 had just a little more rpm at lower amps...soo more efficient
Last edited by jcdfrd; Aug 24, 2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:48 AM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,550 Posts
Quote:
uh yeah and thats a PZ Habu Painted with retracts running 6s 35c 3300 nano at 4.1lbs dopplered just over 120mph

I should mention that the secret setup was a Tamjet housing with the bl32 motor and cs 70/10 rotor, however our testing did start with the v15 housing and is still a great option especially with Tams shaft adapter and alloy spinner, dynamically ballanced cs10 blade rotor and his v32/v15 heatsink w/tailcone. the TJ70/10 had just a little more rpm at lower amps...soo more efficient
How much % improvment with Tam's housing over the V15??? Is it worth double the cost???
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:13 AM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Dec 2008
246 Posts
Maiden flight good ! Holy cow this thing can roll at over 720 degrees a second ! Gotta tone down the ailerons ! The bungee works flawless as expected. I am running stock setup with a new TP 2250 mah G6 45 C and this thing books ! I have yet to go full power in level flight as I am still breaking in the battery...
NeilRivera is offline Find More Posts by NeilRivera
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:22 AM
New Brunswick
Joined Feb 2006
1,239 Posts
Quote:

some early testing vid
http://youtu.be/ASthe_QYJyc
Ya but it is a secret setup!
choopi is offline Find More Posts by choopi
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:23 AM
New Brunswick
Joined Feb 2006
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilRivera View Post
Maiden flight good ! Holy cow this thing can roll at over 720 degrees a second ! Gotta tone down the ailerons ! The bungee works flawless as expected. I am running stock setup with a new TP 2250 mah G6 45 C and this thing books ! I have yet to go full power in level flight as I am still breaking in the battery...
How is the wing loading, does it slow down nice for landing?
choopi is offline Find More Posts by choopi
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:31 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choopi View Post
How is the wing loading, does it slow down nice for landing?
Yep more details on flight characteristics please
setxws6 is offline Find More Posts by setxws6
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:47 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer View Post
How much % improvment with Tam's housing over the V15??? Is it worth double the cost???
I guess that depends on how much weight you put on efficiency, our impressions were that the TJ70/10 was no doubt better almost 10amps less draw and same rpm or maybe couple hundred more, however if you just go by flight report they seemed to perform the same it was only after going over data logs that we could see the TJ was much more effiecient. the TJ also sounded better in the air due to better stator design and more stators
here is a vid of Nicks Habu with the delta v-15 housing, bl32 motor and cs70/10 rotor
Change Sun 10-blade, 70mm, 6s in a 4.3lb. Parkzone Habu (4 min 1 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choopi View Post
Ya but it is a secret setup!
LOL!!!!! yeah it was a secret when the video was made, and after Tam witnessed the performance of our franken fan he incorporated it into his TJ70 lineup and now produces and sells 4mm,5mm true precision shaft adapters and a alloy spinner for the cs70/10 rotor and dynamically balanced rotors. to go along with that the Delta-v 15 and 32 housings have identical motor tubes so his heat sink carbon tailcone upgrade for the Habu32 V32 housing also a perfect fit for the V15 housing. this gives excellent cooling to the motor and allows the esc to be installed in the tailcone for excellent cooling and ease of installation.
Last edited by jcdfrd; Aug 24, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:57 PM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Dec 2008
246 Posts
So far two flights, feels very much like the Evader on landing, but I still have to put in a few more flights to get accustomed to it. It comes in real nice with a bit less speed than the Evader, on grass it rolled maybe 10 feet after touchdown. I have the CG right at the reccomended point and That is with 1/4 ounce lead in the nose, will play around with it some more. I was impressed with the roll rate, it probably does 3 rolls per second ! I toned down the aileron rates, flew smooth on the second flight. More to come later....
NeilRivera is offline Find More Posts by NeilRivera
Last edited by NeilRivera; Aug 26, 2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:05 PM
F-OFF
Joined Mar 2007
1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer View Post
I took it out, was very easy, going to keep the former for added stiffness.

I just did the same, Hardly and adhesive, kinda just popped out with some pressure and wiggling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilRivera View Post
So far two flughts, feels very much like the Evader on landing, but I still have to put in a few more flights to get accustomed to it. It comes in real nice with a bit less speed than the Evader, on grass it rolled maybe 10 feet after touchdown. I have the CG right at the reccomended point and That is with 1/4 ounce lead in the nose, will play around with it some more. I was impressed with the roll rate, it probably does 3 rolls per second ! I toned down the aileron rates, flew smooth on the second flight. More to come later....

Congrats on the maiden! Did you do your landing approach power on? Deltas like power on nose up. Cant wait to hear more about your flights.

Can you measure your "toned down" aileron throw setting i would really appreciate it!
imyohero is offline Find More Posts by imyohero
Last edited by imyohero; Aug 24, 2012 at 01:11 PM.