HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:23 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by double e View Post
i need another project like a hole in the head but i might have to go pick one of these up and see what i can do to work out a hotter setup.
lol.
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:33 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
889 Posts
Will a 70mm unit drop in through a slightly modified cheater hole? If so, I would create a couple of wood formers (or maybe foam) to hold the fan and remove the pre-installed thrust tube. A clean fuse interior should work fine as a duct, the most critical area would be right before the fan. A smooth transition using an intake ring would work or for those that want to mold something custom, they can give it a try.
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:11 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E View Post
Will a 70mm unit drop in through a slightly modified cheater hole? If so, I would create a couple of wood formers (or maybe foam) to hold the fan and remove the pre-installed thrust tube. A clean fuse interior should work fine as a duct, the most critical area would be right before the fan. A smooth transition using an intake ring would work or for those that want to mold something custom, they can give it a try.
A 70mm will drop in the cheater hole with just min trimming (cheater hole is 70mm at its widest point), formers are not needed as the fan will be close enough to the fuse sides for just mounting blocks/brkts.
Last edited by super kupfer; Aug 22, 2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:39 PM
F-OFF
Joined Mar 2007
1,056 Posts
Looks like were gonna have a whole bunch of different power systems going on lol
imyohero is offline Find More Posts by imyohero
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:56 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
Wonder if the E-flite 69mm delta V 15 would fit in there......

This looks like a nice little jet. Bigger than the evader but lighter wing loading, can't beat that! I wonder how fast it is on the stock setup...?
setxws6 is offline Find More Posts by setxws6
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:04 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by setxws6 View Post
Wonder if the E-flite 69mm delta V 15 would fit in there......

This looks like a nice little jet. Bigger than the evader but lighter wing loading, can't beat that! I wonder how fast it is on the stock setup...?
It says +90mph on the box, check vid on web and see yourself.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:05 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyohero View Post
Looks like were gonna have a whole bunch of different power systems going on lol
Race is on, lol
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:09 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer View Post
It says +90mph on the box, check vid on web and see yourself.
That's what they said about the evader but it was faster than that. Though this one looks like it has a little more drag with the larger duct opening. And the same powerplant as the evader and a little more weight, so the vertical probably won't be as strong...still looks cool though!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:20 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,505 Posts
Guys, this is my first delta and I'm in love.

Men I put all my projects on hold for this thing.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:56 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,505 Posts
Do you think 33in-oz servos for the elevons would be enough with upgraded power?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:48 AM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
So wait, have you flown it yet or not? I dont fall in love with anything until I at least take it on the first date (maiden).......

Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer View Post
Do you think 33in-oz servos for the elevons would be enough with upgraded power?
Yes, that should be fine. I have HS-65hb in my Funjet Ultra. I have a 140+mph setup in it....
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:17 AM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,505 Posts
Quote:
So wait, have you flown it yet or not? I dont fall in love with anything until I at least take it on the first date (maiden).......

Yes, that should be fine. I have HS-65hb in my Funjet Ultra. I have a 140+mph setup in it....
LOL, in love with the lines, just the lines for now.

Don't want to fly mine on stock setup, I know how much power that little hyperflow gives out, on top of that I love flying my Evader but feel it needs more power and you cant do much with that little airframe.

On the other hand the Phazer solves all that and is just the ticket I have been looking for in a package this size.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:33 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
889 Posts
I picked one up during lunch today. Let's see what we can do with it. I've got several 70mm fan and motor options that I could put in there. I might just go with the Eflite 70mm fan and motor. It's the smoothest running of the 70's I have. I also have a Wemo and HET setup that I could put in there. We'll see.

It's a great looking little plane.
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:43 PM
Killeen TX
Joined Dec 2006
1,441 Posts
Quote:
That's what they said about the evader but it was faster than that. Though this one looks like it has a little more drag with the larger duct opening. And the same powerplant as the evader and a little more weight, so the vertical probably won't be as strong...still looks cool though!
actually they said 100 in the video.
STANG KILLA SS is offline Find More Posts by STANG KILLA SS
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:54 PM
F-OFF
Joined Mar 2007
1,056 Posts
Here are a couple pics next to my het f-16 for size comparison. also a 60mm housing shows tons of room for a bigger fan,
imyohero is offline Find More Posts by imyohero