Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:06 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
ok here's a link, order this and in the comment section ask for a balanced 70/10 rotor
http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...d5f4cccfe88cc1

he doesnt have the rotors added to his website yet apparently. also if you order the v32 heatsink and tail cone upgrade that is on that same link you will have the closest thing to a TJ70 10blade that you can get. only diff would be the carbon housing with 7stators and then you have the option to install your esc into the tailcone behind the motor just like the PnP TJ70/10
Screw the v32 heatsink tail cone upgrade, I rather buy the TJ70 housing to complete the setup.

First lets get this bird up in the air.
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:09 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,827 Posts
ok sorry I was just laying out your options
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:35 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,457 Posts
Quote:
ok sorry I was just laying out your options
Please don't apologize, I appreciate you laying out the options.

It's just that for me if I spend any money to further upgrade I rather go big or go home
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:36 PM
Just having fun before I die!
DeKalb,IL
Joined Dec 2008
922 Posts
I bought a balanced CS 70mm from Tam Jets they did a great job balancing it. The CS fans need to be seriously balanced they come to you way out of balance or at lease the 2 that I bought did.
BadLemon is online now Find More Posts by BadLemon
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:07 AM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLemon View Post
I bought a balanced CS 70mm from Tam Jets they did a great job balancing it. The CS fans need to be seriously balanced they come to you way out of balance or at lease the 2 that I bought did.
Tam has a very good reputation
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:03 PM
Flying for Fun
Joined Aug 2007
25 Posts
Whoa, just test flew my Phazer this morning, it really does perform like they said it would. Clocked it at 89mph on a fast pass, then 104mph out of a dive. This little hotrod packs a punch, lots of fun. Looks like we'll need to get a pack of Phazer up at E-Jets this weekend.
jetmodeler is online now Find More Posts by jetmodeler
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:28 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,457 Posts
Today I took one of the rotor shafts that came with the CS70 fan and I drilled it out so that it would fit onto the BL32's 5mm motor shaft.

I did that by:

1. Securing it to a four jaw spindle lathe.
2. Dialed it (I got a tolarance of .0015".........good enough).
3. Drilled it using a #9 drill.
4. Heated the rotor shaft adpt.
5. Secured rotor shaft on to motor shaft using two set screws.
6. Dialed rotor shaft adpt. (It came out nice).

The problem I'm currently scratching my head on is after installing the rotor onto the shaft adpt, How do you tighten the nut without causing the shaft to turn????
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:39 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,827 Posts
some drill a hole in the end of the shaft adapter and then use an allen driver thru the hole to hold the shaft from spinning but I prefer to file two flats on either side of the tip and use a small adjustable wrench to hold the shaft adapter
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:36 AM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,457 Posts
Quote:
some drill a hole in the end of the shaft adapter and then use an allen driver thru the hole to hold the shaft from spinning but I prefer to file two flats on either side of the tip and use a small adjustable wrench to hold the shaft adapter
I was thinking about the filing trick but didn't want to put the shaft out of balance as it is not easy to get both sides the same unless you do it on a milling machine, personally I like the collect system (I think it is much better as it self centers).
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:22 AM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Dec 2008
246 Posts
I would hold the fan blades with my fingers and use thread lock, or you might also cut a flat grove at the end of the adaptor and use a flat blade screwdriver to hold it. You could also temporarily install 2 nuts if space allows, tighten them against each other and then use a wrench to hold them while you torque the fan retaining nut....
NeilRivera is offline Find More Posts by NeilRivera
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:01 PM
Just having fun before I die!
DeKalb,IL
Joined Dec 2008
922 Posts
I used 2 extra nuts and screwed them down until flush with the top of the shaft adapter and jammed locked them together. Then put a wrench on them to hold the shaft and use a second wrench to tighten nut at the hub.
BadLemon is online now Find More Posts by BadLemon
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:10 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,827 Posts
ah ya I forgot about the double nut trick that works good too if you have enough threads. I would just use a dremal with a cutoff wheel and take the first three or four threads off and make two flats opposing each other and your done quick and easy and no disassembly
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:25 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,640 Posts
Got my own Phazer going.

Using a Futaba 12FG and not certain of the best elevon mixing setup, but the way I did it was to manually program in my own mixes (rather than use the pre programmed Delta Wing mix in the wing type mixing). In the 12FG the default channel assignments are different than the conventional channel assignments I’m used to (channel 1 – aileron, channel 2 – elevator, channel 3 – throttle, channel 4 – rudder for Futaba). Because I like to reassign the channels the way I’m used to, the pre programmed Delta Wing mix doesn’t work.

My way – setting up my own mixes – requires just three mixes. Then, adjusting the control throws and the individual servo endpoints is intuitive (to me); To adjust the elevator or aileron control surface throws I use the AFRs. To adjust the servo end points separately (i.e., to make sure the throw of each elevator is the same as the other) I use the P Mixes for the elevators and the End Points for the ailerons.

However you set up your mixing, it’s imperative that the elevators have identical throw to each other. Otherwise, the Phazer will roll with the application of elevator. However – at least the way I have my radio setup – adding aileron trim affects the elevator end points too, so this trim must be dialed back out of the elevator end points to equalize the throw (using the PMIX for one or both servos).

Once you have your Phazer trimmed for straight-and-level flight, take mental notes of how the Phazer responds to just elevator inputs – does it roll one way or the other? If so, make the necessary elevator servo end point adjustments back down on the ground. Or, what I did was make a template indicating how much elevator throw I have on one elevator and use it to match the throw on the other elevator.

Anyway, for those interested here are my programming/setup instructions the way I have it in my Futaba 12FG:

Elevon programing for 12FG in Phazer

Right wing servo connected to Ch. 1 in Rx, Left wing servo connected to Ch. 5 in Rx

I. PROGRAMMING

LINKAGE MENU:
FUNCTION
Ch. 1 AILERON (Control J1, Trim T1)
Ch. 5 AUXILIARY 1 (Control --, Trim --,)

SERVO REVERSE
Ch. 1 AILERON - Reverse
Ch. 5 AUXILIARY 1 - Reverse

MODEL MENU:
PROG. MIXES
PMIX 1 (Mixes right aileron servo to elevator stick)
Master: Elevator, Link +, Trim ON
Slave: Aileron, Link OFF
Rate A +100, Rate B +100

PMIX 2 (Mixes left aileron servo to elevator stick)
Master: Elevator, Link +, Trim ON
Slave: Auxiliary 1, Link OFF
Rate A -100, Rate B -100

PMIX 3 (mixes left aileron servo to right aileron servo)
Master: Aileron, Link +, Trim ON
Slave: Auxiliary 1, Link OFF
Rate A +100, Rate B +100

DUAL RATE
1 D/R 1: FUNCTION: Aileron, SWITCH (Switch D)
2 D/R2: FUNCTION: Elevator, SWITCH (Switch A)
3 D/R3: FUNCTION: Auxiliary 1, SWITCH (Switch D)
(Switches listed above are the default switches, but any switch may be used. After selecting switches, also select the “ON/OFF” position on each switch for each function)

II. ADJUSTMENTS

To adjust control surface throws & Exponentials:
Use AFRs for each function (aileron, elevator)

To adjust individual servo end points:
Elevator servos:
PMIX 1 for right servo
PMIX 2 for left servo

Aileron servos:
End point channel 1 for right servo
End point channel 5 for left servo

IMPORTANT: Make certain each elevator deflects precisely the same as the other, otherwise the model will roll with the application of rudder (use PMIX 1 and PMIX 2 as instructed above).

Tim
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton
Last edited by KRProton; Sep 06, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:25 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
887 Posts
Man, that seems like an awfully complicated process to go through when your radio has a built in delta wing program. Why is it so important to you which channels are used for what?
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
Old Sep 06, 2012, 04:41 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,763 Posts
Wow.. that is rough! I must be missing something.. it's only 2 servos.
tulz43 is offline Find More Posts by tulz43
Last edited by tulz43; Sep 06, 2012 at 04:47 PM.