SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:46 PM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Dec 2008
246 Posts
Well I am guessing it's about 100-110 mph, I'll have to run doppler on it but have not been able to, I'll see if I can put my GPS photo tagger onboard on my next flights so that I can get a prescise speed readout ...
NeilRivera is offline Find More Posts by NeilRivera
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:52 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
891 Posts
I'll maiden mine tomorrow or Monday depending on the weather.
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:47 PM
EDF Addicted
United States, FL, High Springs
Joined Sep 2005
5,440 Posts
ok guys I may just rebuild my Evader with my 1200 watt set-up, I either need a 110hv esc for my 51" Bobcat or I could get this bird in a few weeks
MustangAce17 is online now Find More Posts by MustangAce17
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:12 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
891 Posts
Well, I smoked my Wicked 4800 about 30 seconds into the maiden. It was a new motor installed by Don in a dynamically balanced Hyperfan but i think the blades were rubbing and the extra resistance caused the motor to fry.

Landed with no problems but now I have to figure out how to get the fan out without damaging the airframe. The question is what to put back into her once I get the fan out. I may go with one of Don's 60mm fans and motors.
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:36 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E View Post
Well, I smoked my Wicked 4800 about 30 seconds into the maiden. It was a new motor installed by Don in a dynamically balanced Hyperfan but i think the blades were rubbing and the extra resistance caused the motor to fry.

Landed with no problems but now I have to figure out how to get the fan out without damaging the airframe. The question is what to put back into her once I get the fan out. I may go with one of Don's 60mm fans and motors.
This sucks, Sorry to hear about it.
super kupfer is online now Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:52 AM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,571 Posts
Still waiting for parts, In the meantime we are riding.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:57 AM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,571 Posts
I dont know how you guys are mounting your wing servos but I am mounting them using screws & blocks.
Last edited by super kupfer; Sep 04, 2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:17 AM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Dec 2008
246 Posts
I installed mine as per the manual, I have used this method before and it simply works
NeilRivera is offline Find More Posts by NeilRivera
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:28 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,865 Posts
Nice job on the servo mounting blocks, but use care gluing end-grain - the wood tends to absorb most of the glue this way (especially CA - epoxy too) leaving little between the parts for a secure bond. Usually, when gluing this way, "prime" the end-grain first until it no longer absorbs any more glue (or until it hardens), then glue to the plate.

Tim
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:03 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,571 Posts
Today the mail men came and dropped a package off, Finally I got the CS70 Rotor.

To tell you the truth, they didnt have the rotor in stock so I had to order the entire fan unit, My 2cents on it is that the only thing thats good about it is the rotor, The housing is junk as far as I see it (way to much flex, No rigidity at all), The motor shafts machining quality is also not that good (Thank god Tam makes a precision shaft).

Tomorrow I should be getting my CC ice 100 lite, once I get it things will accelerate a bit more.

The goal is to maiden early next week the latest
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:23 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,849 Posts
super kupfer
ah darn too bad you didnt say anything or maybe I just missed it but you could have purchased a dynamically ballanced cs70/10 rotor, precision adapter and alloy spinner all from Tam
but your impressions are correct keep the rotor and throw everything else in the can
the nice thing with Tams parts is that once you set the shaft adapter true on the shaft the rest is just bolt on and butter smooth
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:37 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
super kupfer
ah darn too bad you didnt say anything or maybe I just missed it but you could have purchased a dynamically ballanced cs70/10 rotor, precision adapter and alloy spinner all from Tam
but your impressions are correct keep the rotor and throw everything else in the can
the nice thing with Tams parts is that once you set the shaft adapter true on the shaft the rest is just bolt on and butter smooth
I don't think Tam sells a dynamically ballanced CS70/10 rotor (couldn't find it on his web).

BTW, I did PM him about purchasing a carbon PNP unit without the ESC but he didn't respond so I moved on.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:56 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,849 Posts
I guarantee you he does, I know because I do most of the balancing of rotors for him.
he is on hiatus from rcg so thats too bad, best way to get thru is place an order with comments on what you want and leave your phone #. orders get 1st priority, emails and phone calls come in second and there is usually no more time left for any other comm
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:27 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
I guarantee you he does, I know because I do most of the balancing of rotors for him.
he is on hiatus from rcg so thats too bad, best way to get thru is place an order with comments on what you want and leave your phone #. orders get 1st priority, emails and phone calls come in second and there is usually no more time left for any other comm
Still can't find it, post a link.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:42 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,849 Posts
ok here's a link, order this and in the comment section ask for a balanced 70/10 rotor
http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...d5f4cccfe88cc1

he doesnt have the rotors added to his website yet apparently. also if you order the v32 heatsink and tail cone upgrade that is on that same link you will have the closest thing to a TJ70 10blade that you can get. only diff would be the carbon housing with 7stators and then you have the option to install your esc into the tailcone behind the motor just like the PnP TJ70/10
Last edited by jcdfrd; Sep 04, 2012 at 11:48 PM.