HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2012, 04:30 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,025 Posts
Yippee!
Came back to Co-Pilot II... and couldn't be happier

Several years ago, I decided to learn how to fly R/C helicopters. Like most new pilots, I crashed my helicopter several times while learning to fly. I learned how to hover but kept crashing while attempting forward flight. There really wasn't anyone else in my club - or nearby, for that matter - that could teach me how to fly helis. I was completely on my own, at a plateau, and frustrated.

After searching around a bit, I came across the Revolectrix Co-Pilot II. From the description, it would be exactly what I need to advance in heli flight. I quickly bought one and installed it on my heli. Within just a few flights, I had progressed from being scared to bring the heli out of a hover to performing left patterns, right patterns, and figure 8's!

I moved up to a larger heli and without any hesitation, I bought another Co-Pilot II system. Since my skills had progressed, I didn't need the Co-Pilot II for long and ended up setting it on a "panic switch". I flew with it off, always with my finger on the switch in case of trouble. Thankfully I never needed to hit the switch! I knew I had graduated when I removed the Co-Pilot II from the heli and flew it all on my own. Remember, this happened all in the space of a few short months. That's how much confidence the Co-Pilot II instills in a nervous heli pilot.

I have since been "bitten" by the FPV portion of the hobby, and decided to expand my FPV fleet with a 600-sized electric heli. After adding up the cost of a 600-class electric helicopter and the FPV equipment in which to fly it, it came to be a significant investment. I made no hesitation in adding a Co-Pilot II system to the FPV heli as well. Since the heli has the potential of being flown at the edge of my spotter's eyesight, it only made sense to add the Co-Pilot II. At the first sign of trouble, Co-Pilot II can be activated with a flip of a switch and do its best to prevent disaster.

Just wanted to share my experience... if anyone has any doubts about buying one of these, I'm here to tell you that you can't go wrong.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
to remove ads between posts