HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by dawjr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 01:05 PM
Jerk of all trades
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined May 2010
85 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
Sold
Trainer Cord - Futaba PCM/FM

Hey, Guys

I have this trainer cord from back in the day, here's a bit of info about it,

This is a Trainer Cord for Futaba old PCM & FM & J-Series Radios with the / round plug style (not the 2002 square plug -- FUTM4415). / / This trainer cord is designed to go between two transmitters for training / student fliers how to fly R/C aircraft. The trainer cord plugs into the / ""teacher"" transmitter first and then into a trainer compatible ""student"" / transmitter. The trainer switch on the teacher transmitter is used / or disable or activate the student radio. / / INCLUDES: One Black 10ft FM Trainer Cord

$10.00 shipped conus, pp

All the best, Don
dawjr is offline Find More Posts by dawjr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:11 PM
jheresz
United States, IN, Hobart
Joined Oct 2010
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Hi Don, I have several hirec radios, the center dis. on the hites plug pins is about .275 inch
or 7 mm does that plug measure the same ? if it is how do I send funds ?
regards, john
jheresz is offline Find More Posts by jheresz
Last edited by jheresz; Jul 29, 2012 at 02:28 PM. Reason: wrong termonolgy !
Old Jul 29, 2012, 05:51 PM
Jerk of all trades
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined May 2010
85 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
Hey,Buddy. These pins are about an 1/8" center to center between any two pins and over the outside of the metal barrel its about .518 or so. Paypal works for funds. Let me know if you think it will work and send me a PM and I'll give you the PP info.
dawjr is offline Find More Posts by dawjr
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:15 PM
jheresz
Joined Oct 2010
0 Posts
Don the pin c/l dis. and plug dia. look ok send me the pp info.
regards john !
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:22 PM
most exalted one
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Aug 2002
3,570 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
Whoah guys. I think you can smoke Hitec Eclipse etc radios with a Futaba trainer cord. I believe Hitec had a master and slave end and called it a one way cord. Do a search. I will try to find reference myself. We smoked one at our club.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXN740&P=8
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Last edited by 4*60; Jul 29, 2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:32 PM
most exalted one
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Aug 2002
3,570 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/tx2t...h/tx2txgb3.htm

Is one site with warning. And......

Note from Hitec found on their site http://www.hitecrcd.com/Radios/RadioHome.htm
Important Information Regarding Trainer cord compatibility
To our valued customers,
While Hitec radios are known to be trainer compatible with other Hitec and Futaba systems, Hitec has determined that the two-way Futaba cord is not 100% compatible with our systems and strongly suggests it not be used at any time. Our tests show that when the Futaba trainer cord is used with a Hitec radio the slave transmitter will emit an RF signal, thus creating a potentially dangerous interference situation, and in some cases will burn up components in the slave and or master radio. Hitec suggests that only the one-way Hitec trainer cord (#58310) be used with Hitec radio systems for training. Failing to do so will void the customers warranty and could create a potentially dangerous situation. Hitec apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause, but the safety of our customers is our utmost concern.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Last edited by 4*60; Jul 29, 2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:06 PM
jheresz
Joined Oct 2010
0 Posts
My hitec radio's are flash 4/5 the ref. you gave to tower was for a dif. radio,
the cord probably will not be used for" trainer" but will be used to convert to
2.4, rather than soldering , plugs to be used .
john
Closed Thread