HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2001, 09:08 AM
No retreat no surrender
USA, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Apr 1999
662 Posts
lithium-ion batteries

I am looking for some battery packs for my IFO. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these types of packs. Batteries America has a deal for two packs and a charger for about $90 and that would be about the same as three nicad packs. I have heard claims about the flight times of Li, and wanted to find out if they were true. So, how about it guys?? Jim
newguy is offline Find More Posts by newguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2001, 10:28 AM
Central NJ
Joined Mar 2001
708 Posts
Be careful...I bought them from there and had to send them back... they were too heavy and being 2-cell packs didn't give my motors enough juice... people are having more luck with the 3-cell tadrian lithium setups....run an ezone search on the topic
Feodosia Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Feodosia Flyer
Old Jul 18, 2001, 11:35 AM
Indianapolis, IN USA
Joined Nov 2000
2,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by newguy:
I am looking for some battery packs for my IFO. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these types of packs. Batteries America has a deal for two packs and a charger for about $90 and that would be about the same as three nicad packs. I have heard claims about the flight times of Li, and wanted to find out if they were true. So, how about it guys?? Jim
I have a pack, a bit heavy. Check out www.magtechinc.net for Tadiran packs. Work great, but not cheap.
Ralph Weaver is offline Find More Posts by Ralph Weaver