HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2012, 04:52 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ise2012 View Post
i am sorry , maybe you missing something .
there is a pic of the Default parameters about the ys-x6 in the android systme phone. forgive me , it not is in iphone , but the Default parameters are the same .
pls change it by yourself, Don't forger click "send" and "get" to check the change is successed.
pls tell me your Serial Number of the YS-X6. I will find the reason of it
Yes i know i can dial numbers in manually but i just thought that when there is a "reset" button in both pc gs sofware and iphone gs version maybe they are there for reason and i can use them for example after every firmware updates to make sure unit really is in factory defaults. If they are not working buttons they might be removed to avoid user confusion.

Other thing what i ment was that setup wizard was very helpful in iphone gs for first time users. I don't need it but i'm sure many new users would appreciate it.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:29 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
I am confused by the A10 and A11 connections, listed in the manual as "Power voltage (above 4S)" and "Current sensor". In the wiring diagram there is a green line connecting the "In Out" box to A11. Not sure what the IN OUT box is - a watt meter?

I plan to use 6S lipo on the system. Does that mean that I will have to connect something to A10 or A11?

I read this entire thread and found no mention of these A10 A11 connections.

Also, the videos I've seen of wifi control use separate routers. Has anyone set this up on the wifi hotspot function of their phone? The manual says this is possible.

Thanks, Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Last edited by rampa202; Aug 06, 2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 11:23 PM
ZeroUAV
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampa202 View Post
I am confused by the A10 and A11 connections, listed in the manual as "Power voltage (above 4S)" and "Current sensor". In the wiring diagram there is a green line connecting the "In Out" box to A11. Not sure what the IN OUT box is - a watt meter?

I plan to use 6S lipo on the system. Does that mean that I will have to connect something to A10 or A11?

I read this entire thread and found no mention of these A10 A11 connections.

Also, the videos I've seen of wifi control use separate routers. Has anyone set this up on the wifi hotspot function of their phone? The manual says this is possible.

Thanks, Russ
hi , my friend .
thank you for support YS-X6 AP .
i am sorry , i am not sure you have Battery consumption module or not .
if you have Battery consumption module , pls look the manual to conncet it correct .
if you did not have it , pls do not care about it .
you said you plan to use 6S lipo on the system . only need connect it to P port ,

also , you want to try use the wifi hotspot function of your phone ,
you need Ensure your phone support the wifi hotspot , and the ip can be change is 192.168.1.1
Battery consumption module is a Attachment of YS-X6 , when you buy the YS-X6 , it need to buy separately . i am sorry , maybe our sales not Clearly described about it .
ise2012 is offline Find More Posts by ise2012
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 07, 2012, 05:01 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
294 Posts
Quote:

Thanks, Russ
If you use iphone there is Cydia app called MyWi which allows needed settings for YS. It's working flawlessly for me.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 05:23 AM
Multirotoriste
France, IdF, Montesson
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
hi , my friend.
thank you for support our product of YS-X6 AP.
the basic version of ap has 4 way-points (more info , you can visit the wedsite of this owners thread first page. ) it can be update to 16 way-points by update the Special FW , maybe need some money.
if you want to update the system to 16 way-points , pls contact our sales
(Email: sales_zerouav@yeah.net
Skype: sales.zerouav) ,and provide the Product Serial Number . they will help you solve the problem.
have a nice day .
Thank you for your answer.
I begin has to make the translation in French of 2 doc.
Know you how much French speaker uses this autopilot?
Enable zero uav authorize me has to broadcast my translation?
I has to receive the autopilot tomorrow, I am tres impatient person to use it.

Cordially
Cédric Laverre
laverre is offline Find More Posts by laverre
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
hi , my friend .
thank you for support YS-X6 AP .
i am sorry , i am not sure you have Battery consumption module or not .
if you have Battery consumption module , pls look the manual to conncet it correct .
if you did not have it , pls do not care about it .
you said you plan to use 6S lipo on the system . only need connect it to P port ,

also , you want to try use the wifi hotspot function of your phone ,
you need Ensure your phone support the wifi hotspot , and the ip can be change is 192.168.1.1
Battery consumption module is a Attachment of YS-X6 , when you buy the YS-X6 , it need to buy separately . i am sorry , maybe our sales not Clearly described about it .
Thanks for the fast answer. I have the hotspot function enabled - I am also getting a new android phone today so I'll be able see if I can set the ip to 192.168.1.1

I have not seen the battery consumption module for sale - how much is it and what is the price?

Russ
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:48 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the fast answer. I have the hotspot function enabled - I am also getting a new android phone today so I'll be able see if I can set the ip to 192.168.1.1

I have not seen the battery consumption module for sale - how much is it and what is the price?

Russ
Hi Russ

It should go for somewhere around $111

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Aug 07, 2012, 04:04 PM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
Does anyone know if YS-X6 supports autoland feature when the battery voltage level gets to low like the DJI -NAZA?
xrotor_rg686 is offline Find More Posts by xrotor_rg686
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:38 PM
Joined Mar 2012
59 Posts

Russ

Yes,the market price is $111.
zerouav is online now Find More Posts by zerouav
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:57 PM
Joined Aug 2012
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrotor_rg686 View Post
Does anyone know if YS-X6 supports autoland feature when the battery voltage level gets to low like the DJI -NAZA?
YS-X6 is more convenient with mobile phone vibrating.AP will auto-calculate the battery power according to the battery quantity which is filled by users. When the mobile vibrates once each 2s, it indicates low power, warn user’s attention. When the mobile vibrates once each 1s,it indicates very low power and the aircraft must land at once.I think it's cool.
Parift is offline Find More Posts by Parift
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:28 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parift View Post
YS-X6 is more convenient with mobile phone vibrating.AP will auto-calculate the battery power according to the battery quantity which is filled by users. When the mobile vibrates once each 2s, it indicates low power, warn user’s attention. When the mobile vibrates once each 1s,it indicates very low power and the aircraft must land at once.I think it's cool.
I would like some kind of audio alarm. It is kinda hard to notice the vibration when you are busy holding the R/C radio in both hands, resulting in involuntary "looking down at the mobile every 10 seconds" syndrome...

But even more important, I hope they get some tuning parameters for the gimbal servos (PTZ) soon. Right now PTZ is useless for any gimbal with a servo reduction system.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:48 AM
Multirotoriste
France, IdF, Montesson
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
I am not on of all to have understood, there is 4 level of upgrade?
Basic 4 waypoint
Standard 16 waypoint
Enchanced 50 waypoint
Professional 128 waypoint
laverre is offline Find More Posts by laverre
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:45 AM
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
If you are using the 900 MHz radios do you still need to have the wifi unit on the ground? The video I saw showed that setup. Is there a way to directly connect a laptop to the radio without using wifi at all?

Thanks, Russ
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:25 PM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
If you are using the 900 MHz radios do you still need to have the wifi unit on the ground? The video I saw showed that setup. Is there a way to directly connect a laptop to the radio without using wifi at all?

Thanks, Russ
You can directly connect the 900 Mhz link to your laptop using the firmware upgrade cable(USB to serial cable).
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:54 PM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,129 Posts
who has a serial port on their laptop?

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:12 PM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,129 Posts
so I have an issue I can't resolve...

i had my X6 flying a stardard octo before... then I switched it to a quad...

I set the aircraft type to 1 which = quad X mode.

but when I open the motor mixer table it still shows all 8 motors with values... like it's still an octo...

can someone who is flying less motors than eight please check their motor mixer table and see if it only lists 4 or 6 ?

this may be why my quad is not flyable....

ps yes I have done a "read" and the aircraft type is set to "1"

Steve
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
who has a serial port on their laptop?

Steve
Newer laptops don't have serial port but you can buy a USB to serial converter cable
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:40 PM
Joined Aug 2012
23 Posts
heeeeeellllppppppppp

hey guys first time posting on here cannot get my ys to hook up to my wifi android or pc don t know what to do could someone run me through the setup not very network savy and having trouble with the ip address thing
fish3man is offline Find More Posts by fish3man
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:54 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3man View Post
hey guys first time posting on here cannot get my ys to hook up to my wifi android or pc don t know what to do could someone run me through the setup not very network savy and having trouble with the ip address thing
The easiest and probably the best solution is to use a router. The wifi module and the PC/laptop connect through the router.

Using a router in the field also gives you extend range. Whereas if you link the wifi module directly to your android(hotspot) the range is limited.

Follow the instructions in the manual on page 14 and the manual can be downloaded from here http://multirotor.co.za/?page_id=671

Rob
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:05 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
so I have an issue I can't resolve...

i had my X6 flying a stardard octo before... then I switched it to a quad...

I set the aircraft type to 1 which = quad X mode.

but when I open the motor mixer table it still shows all 8 motors with values... like it's still an octo...

can someone who is flying less motors than eight please check their motor mixer table and see if it only lists 4 or 6 ?

this may be why my quad is not flyable....

ps yes I have done a "read" and the aircraft type is set to "1"

Steve
Hi Steve

When I set up my hexa, I input the aircraft type to 2 and never went near the Mixer table. And whenever I checked the mixer table all the values were still at zero. The mixer table only works, as I understand it, when you set the aircraft type to 10

I know it is a stupid question, but when you set the mixer type to 1, did you "send" it.

Maybe you should zero all the values in the mixer table and then "send"

Rob
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:16 PM
Joined Aug 2012
23 Posts
ip address

hey robone thanx for the response

i have been through the instructions oh i dunno like 100 times i think where i am going wrong is with the ip address but i go to change it on my cisco router and then i run into probs when i change the ip addy it changes my network name to unknown from ys-x6-serial and then i can t get back in to change it
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:23 PM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,129 Posts
Hi Rob, yes I hit send a bunch of times becuase I know it does not always take on the first one....

I will try zeroing all the values.

I know this thing can fly well... I just have to find the problem.

Steve
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:39 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
294 Posts
ZeroUAV,

There is firmware dated 20120802 in your website, what's changed to 20120723 version?
Old Aug 09, 2012, 03:10 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
hey robone thanx for the response

i have been through the instructions oh i dunno like 100 times i think where i am going wrong is with the ip address but i go to change it on my cisco router and then i run into probs when i change the ip addy it changes my network name to unknown from ys-x6-serial and then i can t get back in to change it
It is best to use a different Router to the one you use for your home/office network. Routers are cheap and you can get a TP-Link one for about $60

I never messed around with any IP addresses. Just changed the name to YS-X6-xxxxxxxx and changed the password and made sure the encryption method was set as per the manual
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Aug 2012
23 Posts
hey robone

ok i have a new cisco router i bought for it and my encryption isnt the exact same as they ask for but it doesnt give me an option on my router to change it myself or offer the correct one to pick were you able to type in the encryption on your router ?or did it give the exact one in the list provided ?
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
hey robone

ok i have a new cisco router i bought for it and my encryption isnt the exact same as they ask for but it doesnt give me an option on my router to change it myself or offer the correct one to pick were you able to type in the encryption on your router ?or did it give the exact one in the list provided ?
I am not familiar with setting up a Cisco system, but below is the encryption set up for my TP-Link TL-WR941ND and my Linksys wrt54GS

If you try and use any other encryption method, it won't work.

Rob
Old Aug 09, 2012, 12:39 PM
Valencia-Spain
Joined May 2009
56 Posts
Hello alls:

Another video, I flight my hexacopter with a tablet

Hexacopter + UAV YS-X6 Test flight with a tablet (3 min 23 sec)
jeanclaude is offline Find More Posts by jeanclaude
Old Aug 09, 2012, 03:44 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanclaude View Post
Hello alls:

Another video, I flight my hexacopter with a tablet
That looks good, but definitely not for me. Every time I play games on the tablet I crash, so I will stick to what I know

Rob
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:09 PM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
I'm also waiting to hear what's different about the new firmware. Can somebody on here please confirm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
ZeroUAV,

There is firmware dated 20120802 in your website, what's changed to 20120723 version?
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:15 PM
Malaysia
Joined Nov 2008
33 Posts
Having problem how to install the iPhone/iPad app using MAC. I already restore my ipad to factory state and jailbreak it. but still could not get it to work. Anybody has successfully install it?

In the manual it says to find YSWifi.app but I simply could not find the file. do I need to rename the folder to YSWifi.app? because the downloaded file is in archived format and upon unarchiving, it a directory instead of a .app file.

Thank you in advance.
rotoblade is offline Find More Posts by rotoblade
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:47 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotoblade View Post
Having problem how to install the iPhone/iPad app using MAC. I already restore my ipad to factory state and jailbreak it. but still could not get it to work. Anybody has successfully install it?

In the manual it says to find YSWifi.app but I simply could not find the file. do I need to rename the folder to YSWifi.app? because the downloaded file is in archived format and upon unarchiving, it a directory instead of a .app file.

Thank you in advance.
Yes rename it just like you described and upload to applications folder, restart iPhone and it should work.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:09 AM
Malaysia
Joined Nov 2008
33 Posts
Quote:
Yes rename it just like you described and upload to applications folder, restart iPhone and it should work.
I finally got it working.... using CyberDuck

Thanks KariY
rotoblade is offline Find More Posts by rotoblade
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:26 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
I'm also waiting to hear what's different about the new firmware. Can somebody on here please confirm?
Ok, new firmware adds Care Free function and low voltage yellow led warning.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:58 AM
Joined May 2012
124 Posts
New Firmare

Quote:
ZeroUAV,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
Quote:
Ok, new firmware adds Care Free function and low voltage yellow led warning.
Yes,the "YS-X6-20120802-FirmwareV1.1-Enc" has released on Zero official website http://www.zerouav.net/

What is new?
*Carefree Function
*Yellow light to alert when voltage is low

Please download the latest firmware V1.1 from Zero UAV website or the first page of this thread to upgrade your YS-X6 online.
Zero UAV is offline Find More Posts by Zero UAV
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 10, 2012, 05:46 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero UAV View Post
Yes,the "YS-X6-20120802-FirmwareV1.1-Enc" has released on Zero official website http://www.zerouav.net/

What is new?
*Carefree Function

Please download the latest firmware V1.1 from Zero UAV website or the first page of this thread to upgrade your YS-X6 online.
How does the Carefree function get activated?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:23 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,091 Posts
Quote:

What is new?
*Carefree Function

Thank you for the new functions!!!

Please focus on improved PTZ control functions in the next firmware. Right now it is useless for any serious photo/video usage.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:11 PM
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jul 2010
992 Posts
Quote:

What is new?
*Carefree Function

Thank YOU!
Frank.T is offline Find More Posts by Frank.T
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:25 PM
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
How does the Carefree function get activated?
I also want to know which switch positions select carefree mode. If you are still using just channel 5 and 6 for flight mode, some option will have to be removed in order to select carefree mode.

Russ
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:53 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
I also want to know which switch positions select carefree mode. If you are still using just channel 5 and 6 for flight mode, some option will have to be removed in order to select carefree mode.

Russ
Download the latest manual. It looks like it can only be activated via the Tablet

Rob
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:57 PM
RCI
Joined Jun 2012
20 Posts
A video about all the functions from the PC.
Hope you like!
YS-X6 PC Control@Waypoints By RCInnovations.m2t (3 min 44 sec)

Cheers

Jose
RCI is offline Find More Posts by RCI
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:30 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
294 Posts
Just updated to new fw, is there some changes to gps too? It locks now 9 satellites INSIDE concrete building. Before updating it got max 5-6. Just to compare naza and wookong never stops blinking 3 red lights.

Also resetting paraneters works now. Will test carefree tomorrow. Thanks ZeroUAV!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Download the latest manual. It looks like it can only be activated via the Tablet

Rob
I hope that's not true
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:55 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCI View Post
A video about all the functions from the PC.
Hope you like!

Cheers

Jose
Hi Jose

I haven't looked at the PC software since the 1st release when it wasn't working so well, but now it looks great. Thanks for showing us what can be done.

Cheers
Rob
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:59 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
I hope that's not true
I re-read it and it looks like it has to be set on the Tablet / laptop and then you can use the Tx to control. Here is the extract from the manual:

"(9) Carefree
In GPS hover mode, "Carefree" can be used.Click on "enable course locked"
button in "setting" page, autopilot can record the current orientation of craft
nose. Then users can adjust the orientation of craft nose with rudder;when user
operate the left/right aileron and sticks on transmitter, the autopilot will fly to
the orientation as same as the orientation when the course is locked,not the
current orientation of craft nose. To quit "carefree", click on "disable course
locked" button."

Cheers
Rob
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:36 AM
Joined Aug 2012
23 Posts
sync esc s

hey anyone have any tips on syncing the esc s ? I managed to get my wifi hooked up but int setup doesnt seem to work when i hit it on the pc gcs or android gcs but i just want to fly off of my rc tx to start as the computer seems to be frustrating me .
Old Aug 11, 2012, 02:06 AM
Joined Mar 2012
59 Posts
Quote:

Russ
Switch positions have no change, you just need to click on "enable course locked"
button in "setting" page in the ground station, then the carefree can be activated.
Last edited by zerouav; Aug 11, 2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 03:45 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2012
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerouav View Post
Switch positions have no change, you just need to click on "enable course locked"
button in "setting" page in the ground station, then the carefree can be activated.
So if your flying with only the radio and no GCS, is carefree still possible?
Jdmagoo is offline Find More Posts by Jdmagoo
Old Aug 11, 2012, 05:27 AM
Joined Oct 2011
149 Posts
@ zerouav,
We are a lot to think that the limitation to 200m is too short. That will be a very good idea to change it to 400m or more, maybe, in standard version without pay charge again .

Regards
pepere is offline Find More Posts by pepere
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:39 PM
Joined Jan 2012
52 Posts
got er working on the iphone.. but now locking up. Seems to be freezing/working very very slowly. I have the router setup, and the phone configured to the network. Seems that the phone/software are not talking to the heli brain though. Going through the manual and setup steps, sees like the ip/ect are all proper. Any suggestions?
squamish_chief is offline Find More Posts by squamish_chief
Last edited by squamish_chief; Aug 12, 2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:52 PM
Joined Mar 2012
59 Posts
Quote:
Just updated to new fw, is there some changes to gps too? It locks now 9 satellites INSIDE concrete building. Before updating it got max 5-6. Just to compare naza and wookong never stops blinking 3 red lights.

Also resetting paraneters works now. Will test carefree tomorrow. Thanks ZeroUAV!

GPS has no change, maybe it's because of the surroundings.