HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:07 AM
Registered User
neato4u's Avatar
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
I will be interested to see how this works, because unless you have the steadi470 system, which has 2 IMU's, and has been designed for offsetting the IMU's, the normal YS-X6 IMU has to be placed at the centre of motors. And yours is clearly not.
Well I think I got some progress with the gimbal. It seems that I need to put some weight in order to balance it. So I strapped a lipo first, and then strapped my phone to check the video..

unfortunately the gimbal swayed too much. I have played around with PTZ roll and tilt.. but not much time today so I guess I need to postponed it till tomorrow. Will keep you guys updated. But please, any docs in regards to gimbal setting on Zero UAV? Even in the manual there are nothing much about setting it up..
neato4u is offline Find More Posts by neato4u
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:32 PM
ZeroUAV
ise2012's Avatar
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
about the gimbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neato4u View Post
Hi guys,

I just equipped the YS-X6 to the Glyder 600 (by foxtech).
After a few tries, I managed to establish connection via Wifi.
Now I have issues with my gimbal being not centered and the servo jitters (I am using a digital servo).

Here is a video of it (unfortunately my camera didn't pick up the small jitter servo sound).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho8cYaimpIQ

And here is a snapshot of Android GCS (not sure if this is the one I should be tweaking with?) - It is set to 50Hz - should I change this or is there something else I need to do?

Also I believe I need to configure / set ch 7 and 8 on my Tx?

frist , you need setup the ch7 and ch8 on your TX ,
second , if your esc have bec 5v out , you can use the 5v to power on the servo of
gimbal ,
third , you can control the roll ptz by the ch8 and control the pitch ptz by the ch7 on yor TX,

any questions >
ise2012 is offline Find More Posts by ise2012
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:23 AM
Registered User
neato4u's Avatar
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Hi ise2012,

Thanks. I have setup ch7 and ch8 on my Futaba T8FG, assigned them to volume (LD and RD). For some reason I was able to make it work earlier - the gimbal performed great and stable - with a little off when tilted (will have to adjust the PTZ values I think).

However when I powered it off and turned it back on again, LED indicator went bright white and gimbal moved like crazy.. I was on manual mode.

Then i changed to a new flight lipo, LED blinked red (manual mode) but the gimbal does not perform as well as before.. weird, I have not changed any settings.

Any ideas what more to do with the gimbal or other settings that I should take note for YS-X6?
neato4u is offline Find More Posts by neato4u
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:29 AM
ZeroUAV
ise2012's Avatar
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
take it easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neato4u View Post
Hi ise2012,

Thanks. I have setup ch7 and ch8 on my Futaba T8FG, assigned them to volume (LD and RD). For some reason I was able to make it work earlier - the gimbal performed great and stable - with a little off when tilted (will have to adjust the PTZ values I think).

However when I powered it off and turned it back on again, LED indicator went bright white and gimbal moved like crazy.. I was on manual mode.

Then i changed to a new flight lipo, LED blinked red (manual mode) but the gimbal does not perform as well as before.. weird, I have not changed any settings.

Any ideas what more to do with the gimbal or other settings that I should take note for YS-X6?
hi , my friend , when you restart the ap again , and the led of ap blinks white , gimbal moved crazy in the manual mode , that mean the attitude is moving , that is not right ,

you need only power on the ap , not power on the esc (the gimbal servo ) , zero gyro in the setting interface in the gcs , and move the aircraft to check the attitude is right or not . if it is right , pls power on the esc , then the gimbal servo have power , that will be can work . test it , and give me a result ,

peter
ise2012 is offline Find More Posts by ise2012
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:36 AM
Registered User
neato4u's Avatar
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Hmm for some reason the issue has disappeared by itself..

Glyder 600 with Zero UAV YS-X6 Gimbal test 2 (0 min 54 sec)


Does this look ok?
neato4u is offline Find More Posts by neato4u
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:47 PM
Currently in Nairobi, Kenya
Willie's Avatar
Netherland
Joined Mar 2003
268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neato4u View Post
Hmm for some reason the issue has disappeared by itself..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nvj5K26FqU

Does this look ok?
Hi

It looks very good.

What gimbal is that?

Regards

Willie
Willie is online now Find More Posts by Willie
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:56 PM
Registered User
neato4u's Avatar
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Thanks Willie, it is the Glyder 600 by foxtech - the gimbal (+ 2 gyros) comes together with the quad.
Hope to maiden it later.. but gotta get some sleep first.. zzz
neato4u is offline Find More Posts by neato4u
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:39 AM
Registered User
neato4u's Avatar
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Maiden aborted! It seems that my esc need to be calibrated..
throttle calibration?
Anybody can guide how to do that? Usually before powering on I push throttle to max then power up, after some esc beep, power down again..
But YS-X6 seems different
neato4u is offline Find More Posts by neato4u
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:07 PM
Registered User
fajar's Avatar
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neato4u View Post
Maiden aborted! It seems that my esc need to be calibrated..
throttle calibration?
Anybody can guide how to do that? Usually before powering on I push throttle to max then power up, after some esc beep, power down again..
But YS-X6 seems different
Check your pm. No other way to calibrate the esc than doing it through the GCS.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:48 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
301 Posts
Not related to your question, I also have this frame and haven't got it fully set up yet. The top plate where the electronics is mounted is suspended with rubber grommets to the main frame to supposedly dampen vibration etc. I think this is a bad idea to have the IMU mounted to this where it will move slightly different to the main frame. The IMU needs to be fixed as solid as possible to the main frame so that it give accurate and quickest responses.
My suggestion is fit some solid grommets between the top frame and main frame so they are fixed solidly together.

I have seen a lot of problems people have had in trying to dampen vibration by suspending the main boards on anti-vibration pads or grommets, springs and so on. It give very bad flying behavior becasue the frame is doing something different to what the main board is reading. Soon as they fixed the board solidly to the frame the issues were gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neato4u View Post
Hi guys,

I just equipped the YS-X6 to the Glyder 600 (by foxtech).
After a few tries, I managed to establish connection via Wifi.
Now I have issues with my gimbal being not centered and the servo jitters (I am using a digital servo).

Here is a video of it (unfortunately my camera didn't pick up the small jitter servo sound).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho8cYaimpIQ

And here is a snapshot of Android GCS (not sure if this is the one I should be tweaking with?) - It is set to 50Hz - should I change this or is there something else I need to do?

Also I believe I need to configure / set ch 7 and 8 on my Tx?
SkippyTBK is offline Find More Posts by SkippyTBK
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:55 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
301 Posts
Did you get an instruction sheet with your ESC? I usually reset each ESC before doing the calibration. You will need the instruction sheet for that. Ive noticed some ESC when I made a mistake in calibrating them they get set to use break which you don't want. Thats why I always do a rest just to be sure. I think its always best to reset and fully calibrate each ESC separately with only the motor and RX. Then do the calibration again to the YS-X6 once it is all mounted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neato4u View Post
Maiden aborted! It seems that my esc need to be calibrated..
throttle calibration?
Anybody can guide how to do that? Usually before powering on I push throttle to max then power up, after some esc beep, power down again..
But YS-X6 seems different
SkippyTBK is offline Find More Posts by SkippyTBK
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:05 AM
RTF
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
3 Posts
we can't see de video

Can you post a video of this?
RTF is offline Find More Posts by RTF
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:21 AM
Registered User
neato4u's Avatar
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyTBK View Post
Did you get an instruction sheet with your ESC? I usually reset each ESC before doing the calibration. You will need the instruction sheet for that. Ive noticed some ESC when I made a mistake in calibrating them they get set to use break which you don't want. Thats why I always do a rest just to be sure. I think its always best to reset and fully calibrate each ESC separately with only the motor and RX. Then do the calibration again to the YS-X6 once it is all mounted.
Well why do you need to calibrate one by one and then override that again when connected to YS-X6?

Anyway, I did the esc calibration with one of my friend - I didn't get the part to power up wifi module and the fc without motor.. after a few minutes of figuring out, then only we know how to.

Maiden was a success today! I had it on manual mode, atti, and loiter (gps). The rest of the stuffs need to try out later - I need to change the wifi to point mode so I can control directly from my Android phone. Not plan to bring router to site as I only have 1.

During flight, I got it recorded via a mounted gopro2. Unfortunately I only got 15 secs of footage. Card was full

Gonna give it a go again tomorrow and probably test RTH as well.
neato4u is offline Find More Posts by neato4u
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:52 AM
Registered User
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neato4u View Post
Well why do you need to calibrate one by one and then override that again when connected to YS-X6?

Anyway, I did the esc calibration with one of my friend - I didn't get the part to power up wifi module and the fc without motor.. after a few minutes of figuring out, then only we know how to.

Maiden was a success today! I had it on manual mode, atti, and loiter (gps). The rest of the stuffs need to try out later - I need to change the wifi to point mode so I can control directly from my Android phone. Not plan to bring router to site as I only have 1.

During flight, I got it recorded via a mounted gopro2. Unfortunately I only got 15 secs of footage. Card was full

Gonna give it a go again tomorrow and probably test RTH as well.
The reason you need to do them one by one is that there are setting that you set on each ESC like battery type that the YS calibration coesn't set and if not set correctly could cause one of your motors to shut off before the others when the battery starts to get low
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:22 PM
Registered User
neato4u's Avatar
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkphoto View Post
The reason you need to do them one by one is that there are setting that you set on each ESC like battery type that the YS calibration coesn't set and if not set correctly could cause one of your motors to shut off before the others when the battery starts to get low
oh that.. now i understand. I was thinking only the throttle calibration part
sorry. yes you are right, that one is important and a must do. I hate to see the quad falls off like a brick..

Anyway hope it's sunny and more importantly I hope I have some free time today for some more tests with the YS-X6
neato4u is offline Find More Posts by neato4u
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:39 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
301 Posts
Firstly I calibrate them one at a time and without the YS-X6 is so there is no doubt they are all exactly the same setting. In fact I dont recalibrate the ECS again after that. I was told for my ArduAPM calibrating them all in one go doesn't always give an exacting result. Ive got 5 rigs and they all fly well so it seems to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neato4u View Post
Well why do you need to calibrate one by one and then override that again when connected to YS-X6?

Anyway, I did the esc calibration with one of my friend - I didn't get the part to power up wifi module and the fc without motor.. after a few minutes of figuring out, then only we know how to.

Maiden was a success today! I had it on manual mode, atti, and loiter (gps). The rest of the stuffs need to try out later - I need to change the wifi to point mode so I can control directly from my Android phone. Not plan to bring router to site as I only have 1.

During flight, I got it recorded via a mounted gopro2. Unfortunately I only got 15 secs of footage. Card was full

Gonna give it a go again tomorrow and probably test RTH as well.
SkippyTBK is offline Find More Posts by SkippyTBK
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:54 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2008
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyvision View Post
hi willy, can you tell me difference between x4 and x6 please. is it only the gimbel controll or also some difference in flying like att hold or gps acurracy?
thanx
feature-wise, the x4-navigator version has more compared to the x6 with respect to flying limitations and waypoints. most data are the same per issued specifications. but the x4 allows you to go up to hexa config only + 2 channels for gimbal compared to x6 that allows you to go up to octo config + 3 channels for gimbal.
google it and see details for yourself, hope this helps.
ikotikot is offline Find More Posts by ikotikot
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:32 PM
DVE
Registered User
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Sorry, double post
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE
Last edited by DVE; Jan 19, 2013 at 03:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:11 AM
Registered User
South Africa
Joined Sep 2006
23 Posts
Camera input

Hi Guys,

I am a proud new owner of the YS-X6 system.

Can somebody pleas tell me what the "Camera" EXT 3 input does on the Auto Pilot Box?

Regards
Thaba raptor is offline Find More Posts by Thaba raptor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:39 AM
RTF copters maker
maximus-rc's Avatar
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaba raptor View Post
Hi Guys,

I am a proud new owner of the YS-X6 system.

Can somebody pleas tell me what the "Camera" EXT 3 input does on the Auto Pilot Box?

Regards
Hi Thaba , welcome !!!
EXT3 is used on wyaypoints flight for automatic shooting
Cheers
Maximus
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:42 PM
Registered User
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc View Post
Hi Thaba , welcome !!!
EXT3 is used on wyaypoints flight for automatic shooting
Cheers
Maximus
Hi Michel

How does it work?

Cheers
Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:25 AM
Registered User
South Africa
Joined Sep 2006
23 Posts
Camera Button

Dear Maximus,

Thanx for the answer.
Is it a shutter release function that activates a servo?


I am still fabricating parts to mount my GPS antenna and FC board on the Bumblebee Quad frame.

I am also making my tilt only camera frame into a pan and tilt.


Regards
Thaba raptor is offline Find More Posts by Thaba raptor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:47 AM
RTF copters maker
maximus-rc's Avatar
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaba raptor View Post
Dear Maximus,

Thanx for the answer.
Is it a shutter release function that activates a servo?

Regards
yes, I think so !
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:11 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2009
565 Posts
He guys did you see this:
http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...extra=page%3D1

There will be a new and better version of the ys-x6. the ys-x6-P Better dampening and better sensors. I just heard you can have your x6 upgrade to the x6-p and it won't be verry expensive. But the upgrade is not available in the foreign market right now.
rwijnhov is offline Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Last edited by rwijnhov; Jan 25, 2013 at 03:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:13 AM
Registered User
holco's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Mar 2007
783 Posts
Any special deals for beta byers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwijnhov View Post
He guys did you see this:
http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...extra=page%3D1

There will be a new and better version of the ys-x6. the ys-x6-P Better dampening and better sensors. I just heard you can have your x6 upgrade to the x6-p and it won't be verry expensive. But the upgrade is not available in the foreign market right now.
holco is offline Find More Posts by holco
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:18 AM
Registered User
mlebret's Avatar
France, Bretagne, Combrit
Joined Mar 2005
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by holco View Post
Any special deals for beta byers
While waiting, we can upgrade the firmware (released on January 9th...)

Release Date: January 9th, 2013
􀂾 YS-X6 Firmware version: 2012-11-11
􀂾 Quick Start Guide: 2012-12-28
What is new?
Firmware
* Control algorithm is altered making flying stability more perfect.

I just discovered it on the first page of this thread. Not available/visible on the ZeroUAV download page?

Marc
mlebret is online now Find More Posts by mlebret
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:17 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2012
123 Posts
New Ground Station Software is released, please check out the "YS-X6 Release Tracking Notes" for further details. You can download the file in the first page of this thread or on the website: http://www.zerouav.net/kefu.aspx
Zero UAV is offline Find More Posts by Zero UAV
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:05 AM
Registered User
mlebret's Avatar
France, Bretagne, Combrit
Joined Mar 2005
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero UAV View Post
New Ground Station Software is released, please check out the "YS-X6 Release Tracking Notes" for further details. You can download the file in the first page of this thread or on the website: http://www.zerouav.net/kefu.aspx
Application is missing in the PC GCS Zip file (first page of the thread) and OK from the ZeroUAV web page ...

Do you have some information about YS-X6-P? like time of release, upgrades offers, etc.

Thanks

Marc
mlebret is online now Find More Posts by mlebret
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:45 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
132 Posts
hi guys, here's some footage of me using followcam in the alps, i want to use it to make snowboard films.
It's a real pity that at the moment follow cam dosn't really work, as it does not follow alltitude! i had to do that manually, pretty hard if you want to ride fast!

ste foy drone test (2 min 49 sec)
whizz101 is offline Find More Posts by whizz101
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:52 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
132 Posts
Tryed to open the new pc ground station software but the main file is missing!
Android version is ok
whizz101 is offline Find More Posts by whizz101
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:58 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
132 Posts
Hello,
I am testing the follow me function on my YS 6. the video is above

The problem is the drone will not follow my altitude. I want the drone to stay 5meters above my phone altitude at all times. Is there a way to make this possible? My Galaxy S3 has a very accurate presure sensor which i'm sure could be used.

Also, When using follow me there is possibility to loose wifi reception, in this situation the drone will "back landing" to the launch point. This can be very bad on a mountain as the launch point could be several kilometers up hill. What we need is if wifi signal is lost that a new home location at the last known point of the phone.

Thanks for your time, tristan
whizz101 is offline Find More Posts by whizz101
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:37 AM
Registered User
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
504 Posts
Is there a problem with the FC

I had a problem with my FC or the throttle not responding resulting in a crash that damaged one of my camcorder and gimbal. I thought it was just pilot error, but recently I notice 3 other cases of the same problem. Is there a hidden problem that just randomly pops up?
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:50 PM
Registered User
Armenia, Yerevan
Joined Sep 2012
17 Posts
Richkphoto can you tell me your aircraft configuration . tell me throttle values when aircraft take off. modes when your aircraft crash
ArturARM is offline Find More Posts by ArturARM
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:40 PM
Registered User
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturARM View Post
Richkphoto can you tell me your aircraft configuration . tell me throttle values when aircraft take off. modes when your aircraft crash
It is a hex with Avroyo motors 2814, it had position hold engaged and I was move forward at about 10m high and about 50m infront of me when I stopped it shot uptoabout 15m with no throttle response. I returned to manual mode Throttle at about65% but it started flipping end over end and crashed. I had been flying it like this for over 4 months
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:04 AM
Registered User
holco's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Mar 2007
783 Posts
Is it possible to control the Zero UAV YS-X6 with only a Jeti Duplex 2.4EX RSAT2 Satellite Receiver (PPM) in combination with the Jeti DC-16 transmitter ?
holco is offline Find More Posts by holco
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:15 AM
Registered User
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkphoto View Post
It is a hex with Avroyo motors 2814, it had position hold engaged and I was move forward at about 10m high and about 50m infront of me when I stopped it shot uptoabout 15m with no throttle response. I returned to manual mode Throttle at about65% but it started flipping end over end and crashed. I had been flying it like this for over 4 months
Have you sent your hj file to ZeroUAV support. It would be good for them to see this and maybe tell you what could have caused the crash. And if there is a problem, then they will know what the problem is so they can hopefully correct.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:58 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
TX with YS

Hy friends..i love this forum and i purchased the ys-x6 today and i work on that for all the day....in a hexacopter
i have a doubt... how can i configure my tx?
in the manual says fixed wind ( i think this is a airplane, right??? )
But in my DX18, when i set airplane, a lot of types appear to me..winelevon, flaperon, 2 aeleron, 2 rudder, 4 aileron, etc.....
how should i proceed??? cause i configure the android perfectly, but not align the channels.....i think the problem is in the radio......
thanks for attention
xande
cssmlinux is offline Find More Posts by cssmlinux
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:24 PM
RTF copters maker
maximus-rc's Avatar
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
YS-X6 is great !!!
YS X6 GPS HOLD (0 min 34 sec)
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:23 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
YS X6 Did any one use other Radio TxRx than FUTABA. If I am not interested in using S-BUS why do I need FUTABA? I do not use AETR for Gimbal. Let me know details of your Radio system if you tried.
MultiPro is offline Find More Posts by MultiPro
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:06 PM
Registered User
New Zealand, Wellington
Joined Jul 2012
53 Posts
Im using Graupner, only reason to use futaba is S-bus, Which is handy.

Can any one help me with setting up the two, three position switches. How do you set it up so that when you enter GPS Att on channel 5, Then be able to switch auto hover mode on and off. It seems like you cant use all three positions of the second switch because it would have to be in one of the modes. Eg, over righting GPS att, because it would have to be in auto hover, auto nag or go home mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
RyanMcCrae is offline Find More Posts by RyanMcCrae
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:12 AM
RTF copters maker
maximus-rc's Avatar
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
I sue WFLY FT09 on testing machine and if flies well...

Ryan, when you are on GPS hold position (third posiiton on CH5), first position of CH6 gives you "nothing else" than GPS hovering, second position is navigation (for waypoints fligt) and third is "back home".
Cheers
Maximus
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:22 AM
Registered User
neato4u's Avatar
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Guys.. I have some doubts and regrets after purchasing the YS-X6... appreciate if the pro's out there can clear my doubts and shed some lights onto this issue..

For me the YS-X6 is bulky... very bulky (I have not added the data link as of yet, still in box!)

What frame do you guys recommend for a long flight time UAV setup?

We are working on mounting a standard digicam to capture some 'nadir' shots (or straight top to bottom shot) for mapping purposes.

I bought a Glyder 600 from Foxtech before (edit, it's a quad - don't get confused by its name), but realized that it's way too heavy to suit the purpose.. excuse my lack of experience and knowledge but a 4s 4000mah can only last me about 5mins (with mounted gopro2 and no vtx) - I'd say that's heavy...

So again, what frame do you guys recommend for this purpose (nadir shot, mapping). And do I really need a gimbal??? I know quad gives the longest flying time, I am hoping to get around 25minutes and above if possible..

I've spent a lot on YS-X6 including purchasing the add on waypoints.. now I have too many waypoints and too little flight time!!!!
neato4u is offline Find More Posts by neato4u
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:32 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
neato4u, here is a 40min combination.
Your results will depend on your altitude and end weight

http://forum.autoquad.org/viewtopic.php?p=8730#p8730

>10 min flight on a heavy multi and good performance in wind is a difficult balancing act.


imo, ALWAYS fly with a datalink and GCS
There are potential crash conditions that can be avoided if you spot them early.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:37 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
WIFI configuration error

Hey Guys,

Appreciate if you guys can help me out here.

I recently purchased ZeroUAV Ys-X6 and i have been having some problems on the WIFI config settings.

I read the manual and found out there are 2 modes: Router or P2P mode. Since ZeroUav WIFI module is default on router mode, mine has been defaulted to P2P mode instead of Router Mode. So i need to change back to P2P mode

However, the software itself is not stable and it kept freezing when pressing OPEN COM a few times. The software kept freezing and unable to load the programs to the WIFI module.

All my registry of my laptop have been fixed and no viruses been detected.

I've sent some pics below to give an idea what i'm talking about

I hope you guys have some idea what help i get to get it running. Appreciate your help and support!
Busz is offline Find More Posts by Busz
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:47 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
5 Posts
Hi Guys

Below is a copy of email sent to 'zerouav' tonite ...... it's self explanatory - can anyone on here help - oops! :-(


Hi

Just aquired a used YS-X6 (Serial number xxxxx)


I was setting the system up before mounting it into my Quadcopter frame and after reading on your website www.zerouav.net I decided to upgrade the firmware.


I am still new to the YS auto-pilot and all your firmware download files are on the same page on your website - I accidentally loaded 'YS-X4-20130101-Enc.arm' into my YS-X6 and it accepted the file!


Now I seem to have a problem because my YS-X6 will no longer accept the correct firmware file 'YS-X6-20121111-firmware-Enc.arm' ?


Please help, I was really looking forward to using my YS-X6 instead of DJI Wookong-M which has a much lower spec.


Best regards
Dale UK is offline Find More Posts by Dale UK
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:48 AM
Registered User
Philippines, Central Luzon, Marilao
Joined Jun 2008
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlebret View Post
While waiting, we can upgrade the firmware (released on January 9th...)

Release Date: January 9th, 2013
􀂾 YS-X6 Firmware version: 2012-11-11
􀂾 Quick Start Guide: 2012-12-28
What is new?
Firmware
* Control algorithm is altered making flying stability more perfect.

I just discovered it on the first page of this thread. Not available/visible on the ZeroUAV download page?

Marc
Hi I checked the first page and it has the same release date.
rukie is offline Find More Posts by rukie
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:22 AM
Registered User
apache74's Avatar
France, RA, Bossey
Joined May 2011
48 Posts
PPM problem
Since PPM is supported, I wanted to try this possibility yesterday with my PPM receiver FrSky V8R7SP (which is working without problems on my Hexa under MWii and MP)
I connected, as recommended in the manual, channel 8 of the YS to the PPm channel of my FrSky,
I selected PPM in the parameters setup of Remote Controll Mode and checked with "get" that the change was registered in the GSC of my android tablet.
I also made a channel calibration again.
But when moving the sticks of my TX (Futaba 9 ZAP) nothing happens in the datas(figures of rudder etc…are not moving.)
Its like the RX doesn't work or doesn't communicate with the YS.
Any idea on what's wrong Mr Zero UAV?
Is the FRSky V8R7SP supported by the FW or not?
Did I do something wrong or forgot something in setup?
apache74 is offline Find More Posts by apache74
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:04 AM
Registered User
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
The latest Android GCS has a small problem. If you are located in countries where they use the (,) comma as a decimal point, the system does not allow you to load up waypoints because the system is looking for a decimal point and you are sending data with a comma.

It is easy to resolve by people who live in these countries. All they need to do is change the country language on their Table/phone to a country that uses the decimal point (.) as a decimal point.

I have notified ZeroUAV of the problem and I am sure that they will replace the Android GCS as soon as they can.

Personally, I think those countries should rather get rid of the comma (,) and I live in one of them. I mean really, who ever thought of using a comma as a decimal point

Cheers
Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:29 AM
Registered User
neato4u's Avatar
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
neato4u, here is a 40min combination.
Your results will depend on your altitude and end weight

http://forum.autoquad.org/viewtopic.php?p=8730#p8730

>10 min flight on a heavy multi and good performance in wind is a difficult balancing act.


imo, ALWAYS fly with a datalink and GCS
There are potential crash conditions that can be avoided if you spot them early.
Thank you very much sir, this is what I've been looking for. Thanks!
neato4u is offline Find More Posts by neato4u
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:05 AM
Registered User
holco's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Mar 2007
783 Posts
I see there is an on print location for a backup battery in the GPS housing, can someone explane why this is not used?

With MK I used a backup battery for the GPS and the result was a mug quicker loading of the satellite positions.
holco is offline Find More Posts by holco
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DJI WooKong-M Autopilot System for multirotors **Owners Thread** DJI INNOVATIONS Multirotor Electronics 19987 Yesterday 09:02 PM
Discussion Zero UAV YS-X6 Owners Thread and Discussion fajar Multirotor Electronics 2406 Sep 01, 2014 08:51 PM
New Product Test video of YS-X6 Autopilot system pzhang Multirotor Talk 141 Jun 07, 2012 06:50 AM
Discussion Groupbuy for YS-X6 system fajar Australia 14 May 15, 2012 04:35 AM