Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:14 AM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ise2012 View Post
hi , my friend .
thank you for support YS-X6 AP .
i am sorry , i am not sure you have Battery consumption module or not .
if you have Battery consumption module , pls look the manual to conncet it correct .
if you did not have it , pls do not care about it .
you said you plan to use 6S lipo on the system . only need connect it to P port ,

also , you want to try use the wifi hotspot function of your phone ,
you need Ensure your phone support the wifi hotspot , and the ip can be change is 192.168.1.1
Battery consumption module is a Attachment of YS-X6 , when you buy the YS-X6 , it need to buy separately . i am sorry , maybe our sales not Clearly described about it .
Thanks for the fast answer. I have the hotspot function enabled - I am also getting a new android phone today so I'll be able see if I can set the ip to 192.168.1.1

I have not seen the battery consumption module for sale - how much is it and what is the price?

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:48 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampa202 View Post
Thanks for the fast answer. I have the hotspot function enabled - I am also getting a new android phone today so I'll be able see if I can set the ip to 192.168.1.1

I have not seen the battery consumption module for sale - how much is it and what is the price?

Russ
Hi Russ

It should go for somewhere around $111

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
Does anyone know if YS-X6 supports autoland feature when the battery voltage level gets to low like the DJI -NAZA?
xrotor_rg686 is offline Find More Posts by xrotor_rg686
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:38 PM
Joined Mar 2012
36 Posts

Russ

Yes,the market price is $111.
zerouav is offline Find More Posts by zerouav
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:57 PM
Joined Aug 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrotor_rg686 View Post
Does anyone know if YS-X6 supports autoland feature when the battery voltage level gets to low like the DJI -NAZA?
YS-X6 is more convenient with mobile phone vibrating.AP will auto-calculate the battery power according to the battery quantity which is filled by users. When the mobile vibrates once each 2s, it indicates low power, warn userís attention. When the mobile vibrates once each 1s,it indicates very low power and the aircraft must land at once.I think it's cool.
Parift is offline Find More Posts by Parift
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:28 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parift View Post
YS-X6 is more convenient with mobile phone vibrating.AP will auto-calculate the battery power according to the battery quantity which is filled by users. When the mobile vibrates once each 2s, it indicates low power, warn user’s attention. When the mobile vibrates once each 1s,it indicates very low power and the aircraft must land at once.I think it's cool.
I would like some kind of audio alarm. It is kinda hard to notice the vibration when you are busy holding the R/C radio in both hands, resulting in involuntary "looking down at the mobile every 10 seconds" syndrome...

But even more important, I hope they get some tuning parameters for the gimbal servos (PTZ) soon. Right now PTZ is useless for any gimbal with a servo reduction system.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:48 AM
Multirotoriste
France, IdF, Montesson
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
I am not on of all to have understood, there is 4 level of upgrade?
Basic 4 waypoint
Standard 16 waypoint
Enchanced 50 waypoint
Professional 128 waypoint
laverre is offline Find More Posts by laverre
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:45 AM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
If you are using the 900 MHz radios do you still need to have the wifi unit on the ground? The video I saw showed that setup. Is there a way to directly connect a laptop to the radio without using wifi at all?

Thanks, Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:25 AM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampa202 View Post
If you are using the 900 MHz radios do you still need to have the wifi unit on the ground? The video I saw showed that setup. Is there a way to directly connect a laptop to the radio without using wifi at all?

Thanks, Russ
You can directly connect the 900 Mhz link to your laptop using the firmware upgrade cable(USB to serial cable).
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:54 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,064 Posts
who has a serial port on their laptop?

Steve
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:12 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,064 Posts
so I have an issue I can't resolve...

i had my X6 flying a stardard octo before... then I switched it to a quad...

I set the aircraft type to 1 which = quad X mode.

but when I open the motor mixer table it still shows all 8 motors with values... like it's still an octo...

can someone who is flying less motors than eight please check their motor mixer table and see if it only lists 4 or 6 ?

this may be why my quad is not flyable....

ps yes I have done a "read" and the aircraft type is set to "1"

Steve
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
who has a serial port on their laptop?

Steve
Newer laptops don't have serial port but you can buy a USB to serial converter cable
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:40 PM
Joined Aug 2012
23 Posts
heeeeeellllppppppppp

hey guys first time posting on here cannot get my ys to hook up to my wifi android or pc don t know what to do could someone run me through the setup not very network savy and having trouble with the ip address thing
fish3man is offline Find More Posts by fish3man
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:54 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3man View Post
hey guys first time posting on here cannot get my ys to hook up to my wifi android or pc don t know what to do could someone run me through the setup not very network savy and having trouble with the ip address thing
The easiest and probably the best solution is to use a router. The wifi module and the PC/laptop connect through the router.

Using a router in the field also gives you extend range. Whereas if you link the wifi module directly to your android(hotspot) the range is limited.

Follow the instructions in the manual on page 14 and the manual can be downloaded from here http://multirotor.co.za/?page_id=671

Rob
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:05 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
so I have an issue I can't resolve...

i had my X6 flying a stardard octo before... then I switched it to a quad...

I set the aircraft type to 1 which = quad X mode.

but when I open the motor mixer table it still shows all 8 motors with values... like it's still an octo...

can someone who is flying less motors than eight please check their motor mixer table and see if it only lists 4 or 6 ?

this may be why my quad is not flyable....

ps yes I have done a "read" and the aircraft type is set to "1"

Steve
Hi Steve

When I set up my hexa, I input the aircraft type to 2 and never went near the Mixer table. And whenever I checked the mixer table all the values were still at zero. The mixer table only works, as I understand it, when you set the aircraft type to 10

I know it is a stupid question, but when you set the mixer type to 1, did you "send" it.

Maybe you should zero all the values in the mixer table and then "send"

Rob