HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:44 AM
France, RA, Bossey
Joined May 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc View Post
Nouvel an chinois, nos amis font la fête !!!
A+
Maximus
Oui je sais, leur nouvel an a commencé aujourd'hui.
C'était juste un rappel de mon post du 4 fev.en même temps que je l'ai fait
sur un autre fil ici.
Et toi tu n'aurais pas un début de solution?
Je t'avais mis un MP mais je n'ai pas eu de réponse.
Bon Dimanche
apache74 is offline Find More Posts by apache74
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:09 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apache74 View Post
Oui je sais, leur nouvel an a commencé aujourd'hui.
C'était juste un rappel de mon post du 4 fev.en même temps que je l'ai fait
sur un autre fil ici.
Et toi tu n'aurais pas un début de solution?
Je t'avais mis un MP mais je n'ai pas eu de réponse.
Bon Dimanche
Je ne suis pas sur que le ppm soit déjà supporté...
Tu as le dernier firmware ?
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:52 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
I just did a translation for the others.

I'm not sure the ppm is already supported ...
You have the latest firmware?

I agree, I know that the new Quick start manual has the PPM port defined, but, whether it is in the latest FW or not I do not know.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:38 PM
Joined Apr 2011
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apache74 View Post
I didnt see any reply nor comments to my above post.
Nobody had a similar/same issue?
I am still stucked with this problem.
Any idea/solution? Help please!
@ ZeroUAV
Did you read this post Mr Zero UAV? Why don't you reply?
Can't you help?
Hi apache74 - It's the Chinese new year and I don't think anyone at Zero UAV is currently monitoring this thread. I'm sure they will reply when they get back on the 20th of Feb. Unfortunately I've never used the PPM function so I cannot help.
wessiercgroups is offline Find More Posts by wessiercgroups
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:44 PM
Joined Apr 2011
67 Posts
Somersault

Bit of an incident today. Yesterday I was testing my hex after upgrading to the 16 way-point firmware. Everything checked out fine – except for the way-point upload issue – and I decided to stiffen up the values on Pitch and Roll sensitivity. Roll was on 80 and Pitch on 100 – I normally get the hex to hover in position hold and alt, then give it a light tap from underneath on one of the legs to see how quick it recovers. With the settings above it still had a slight wobble. I changed the setting to 100 for Roll and 120 for pitch. This time I just jerked the elevator and aileron stick on the Tx and the recovery was almost instant without any wobbling. I did a couple of circuits and the retired the hex for the day.
Today I went out to the field to do some high altitude photography. Everything went as planned and the hex stability drew some attention from the rest of the guys out flying. I demonstrated the RTL capability and auto land. Then proceeded to hover full auto about 2 meters off the ground. Did the usual – pulling the hex off position to demonstrate how it actual returns to its original position. I then decided to give it the usual tap under the right rear landing strut – I taped it and it countered the tap but then shot forward doing just about a complete somersault, hitting the ground. It seemed to me that it over corrected itself – when in to the “over 45deg tilt” and shut the motors down. All this happened in a split second. Could I have over adjusted the stability settings? The manual says that if you set them to high you will experience oscillation. The hex suffered two bent booms and two broken carbon fiber props.
wessiercgroups is offline Find More Posts by wessiercgroups
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:16 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wessiercgroups View Post
Bit of an incident today. Yesterday I was testing my hex after upgrading to the 16 way-point firmware. Everything checked out fine – except for the way-point upload issue – and I decided to stiffen up the values on Pitch and Roll sensitivity. Roll was on 80 and Pitch on 100 – I normally get the hex to hover in position hold and alt, then give it a light tap from underneath on one of the legs to see how quick it recovers. With the settings above it still had a slight wobble. I changed the setting to 100 for Roll and 120 for pitch. This time I just jerked the elevator and aileron stick on the Tx and the recovery was almost instant without any wobbling. I did a couple of circuits and the retired the hex for the day.
Today I went out to the field to do some high altitude photography. Everything went as planned and the hex stability drew some attention from the rest of the guys out flying. I demonstrated the RTL capability and auto land. Then proceeded to hover full auto about 2 meters off the ground. Did the usual – pulling the hex off position to demonstrate how it actual returns to its original position. I then decided to give it the usual tap under the right rear landing strut – I taped it and it countered the tap but then shot forward doing just about a complete somersault, hitting the ground. It seemed to me that it over corrected itself – when in to the “over 45deg tilt” and shut the motors down. All this happened in a split second. Could I have over adjusted the stability settings? The manual says that if you set them to high you will experience oscillation. The hex suffered two bent booms and two broken carbon fiber props.
Hi Wessie

Sorry to hear about your mishap.

When I had a chat to support about what settings to adjust to get better recovery and to get rid of wobbles in Position Hold mode they told me:

1. First adjust the Overload control from soft to hard
2. Then adjust motion compensation higher in increments of 10

Which seemed to work for me.

Not sure how adjusting the Pitch and Roll sensitivity will work. As far as I understood it, it was to adjust your Tx response. But I am learning all the time.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:01 PM
France, RA, Bossey
Joined May 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Non juste celui d'avant. Je vais installer le dernier en date et voir.
No, just the one before last one. Will install the latest one and see.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:11 PM
France, RA, Bossey
Joined May 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
I just did a translation for the others.

I'm not sure the ppm is already supported ...
You have the latest firmware?

I agree, I know that the new Quick start manual has the PPM port defined, but, whether it is in the latest FW or not I do not know.
tks Robone for yr translation.
No, I did not install the latest FW yet. I saw already in the previous Quick start guide that PPM was supported.
In the Android GSC this option is in the choices as well.
I therefore was convinced that PPM should work.
However will install now the latest FW, and hope it works this time.
Will keep you posted guys. I think this info should be of great interest for a lot of people.
Last edited by apache74; Feb 11, 2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:23 PM
France, RA, Bossey
Joined May 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wessiercgroups View Post
Hi apache74 - It's the Chinese new year and I don't think anyone at Zero UAV is currently monitoring this thread. I'm sure they will reply when they get back on the 20th of Feb. Unfortunately I've never used the PPM function so I cannot help.
Tks for yr reply and infos.
I knew that its Chinese New Year. It was just a reminder of my previous post
However as already written to Maximus and Robone I will try in the meantime with the lastest FW and hope it will work.Keeping you posted anyway.
PPM is an interesting option for me.
I used to use it on my Hex under Flyduino and I must say i found it very convenient, particularly for Hexa's and Octos.
One wire instead of 6 or 8 avoids cable salad and allows RX to be put at the optimal place without having to extend 6 or 8 wires from RX to AP.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:55 PM
Poland, Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Torun
Joined Feb 2013
16 Posts
Hello.
I woudl like to know YS-X4 is OK? Is somebody from Poland?
bobo82 is offline Find More Posts by bobo82
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:04 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
Is anybody flying a big octo? If yes, could you share your PIDs?
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:21 AM
Joined Feb 2009
566 Posts
Yes ys-x4 is ok.
rwijnhov is offline Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:59 AM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
Well, I'm ready for my maiden flight with my octo + ys-x6. But I have a question, I've already calibrated my throttle inside the GCS, no problem here. I'm using SimonK ESCs.

The problem is that my front motor (OCTO +) is starting with a delay, all the other 7 motors starts at the same time, but I have to push the throttle a little more to start the front motor.

Is there a way to correct this? The calibration is ok, but the motor still delayed. I've swapped ports 1 and 2 in YS-X6 to test if the problem was from ESC/MOTOR and found that the motor 1 still has a delay in relation all others so the problem seems to come from either the motor or the ESC...

Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:32 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Mar 2007
783 Posts
Can someone help me out please?

Calibrated the ESC's with trottle direct on the rx, all fine, but the ESC's need a positive puls for full trottle and can't be reversed, the YS-X6 needs a negative puls for full trottle and as far as I can see can't also be reversed, result is that non of the motors wil run.

Tried also to calibrate the ESC's direct on the YS-X6 but can't get a max trottle puls that is needed to get the ESC's in trottle calibration mode, I am lost

And yes I have RTFM

Btw, I have nothing that can run Android software, only windows laptops and a Imac/Ipad.
holco is offline Find More Posts by holco
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:02 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2011
379 Posts
What radio are you using?
dasrustler is offline Find More Posts by dasrustler
RCG Plus Member