SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:12 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
I sue WFLY FT09 on testing machine and if flies well...

Ryan, when you are on GPS hold position (third posiiton on CH5), first position of CH6 gives you "nothing else" than GPS hovering, second position is navigation (for waypoints fligt) and third is "back home".
Cheers
Maximus
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:22 AM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Guys.. I have some doubts and regrets after purchasing the YS-X6... appreciate if the pro's out there can clear my doubts and shed some lights onto this issue..

For me the YS-X6 is bulky... very bulky (I have not added the data link as of yet, still in box!)

What frame do you guys recommend for a long flight time UAV setup?

We are working on mounting a standard digicam to capture some 'nadir' shots (or straight top to bottom shot) for mapping purposes.

I bought a Glyder 600 from Foxtech before (edit, it's a quad - don't get confused by its name), but realized that it's way too heavy to suit the purpose.. excuse my lack of experience and knowledge but a 4s 4000mah can only last me about 5mins (with mounted gopro2 and no vtx) - I'd say that's heavy...

So again, what frame do you guys recommend for this purpose (nadir shot, mapping). And do I really need a gimbal??? I know quad gives the longest flying time, I am hoping to get around 25minutes and above if possible..

I've spent a lot on YS-X6 including purchasing the add on waypoints.. now I have too many waypoints and too little flight time!!!!
neato4u is offline Find More Posts by neato4u
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:32 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
neato4u, here is a 40min combination.
Your results will depend on your altitude and end weight

http://forum.autoquad.org/viewtopic.php?p=8730#p8730

>10 min flight on a heavy multi and good performance in wind is a difficult balancing act.

imo, ALWAYS fly with a datalink and GCS
There are potential crash conditions that can be avoided if you spot them early.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:37 PM
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
WIFI configuration error

Hey Guys,

Appreciate if you guys can help me out here.

I recently purchased ZeroUAV Ys-X6 and i have been having some problems on the WIFI config settings.

I read the manual and found out there are 2 modes: Router or P2P mode. Since ZeroUav WIFI module is default on router mode, mine has been defaulted to P2P mode instead of Router Mode. So i need to change back to P2P mode

However, the software itself is not stable and it kept freezing when pressing OPEN COM a few times. The software kept freezing and unable to load the programs to the WIFI module.

All my registry of my laptop have been fixed and no viruses been detected.

I've sent some pics below to give an idea what i'm talking about

I hope you guys have some idea what help i get to get it running. Appreciate your help and support!
Busz is offline Find More Posts by Busz
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:47 PM
Joined Dec 2012
5 Posts
Hi Guys

Below is a copy of email sent to 'zerouav' tonite ...... it's self explanatory - can anyone on here help - oops! :-(

Hi

Just aquired a used YS-X6 (Serial number xxxxx)

I was setting the system up before mounting it into my Quadcopter frame and after reading on your website www.zerouav.net I decided to upgrade the firmware.

I am still new to the YS auto-pilot and all your firmware download files are on the same page on your website - I accidentally loaded 'YS-X4-20130101-Enc.arm' into my YS-X6 and it accepted the file!

Now I seem to have a problem because my YS-X6 will no longer accept the correct firmware file 'YS-X6-20121111-firmware-Enc.arm' ?

Please help, I was really looking forward to using my YS-X6 instead of DJI Wookong-M which has a much lower spec.

Best regards
Dale UK is offline Find More Posts by Dale UK
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:48 AM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Marilao
Joined Jun 2008
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlebret View Post
While waiting, we can upgrade the firmware (released on January 9th...)

Release Date: January 9th, 2013
􀂾 YS-X6 Firmware version: 2012-11-11
􀂾 Quick Start Guide: 2012-12-28
What is new?
Firmware
* Control algorithm is altered making flying stability more perfect.

I just discovered it on the first page of this thread. Not available/visible on the ZeroUAV download page?

Marc
Hi I checked the first page and it has the same release date.
rukie is offline Find More Posts by rukie
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:22 AM
France, RA, Bossey
Joined May 2011
48 Posts
PPM problem
Since PPM is supported, I wanted to try this possibility yesterday with my PPM receiver FrSky V8R7SP (which is working without problems on my Hexa under MWii and MP)
I connected, as recommended in the manual, channel 8 of the YS to the PPm channel of my FrSky,
I selected PPM in the parameters setup of Remote Controll Mode and checked with "get" that the change was registered in the GSC of my android tablet.
I also made a channel calibration again.
But when moving the sticks of my TX (Futaba 9 ZAP) nothing happens in the datas(figures of rudder etc…are not moving.)
Its like the RX doesn't work or doesn't communicate with the YS.
Any idea on what's wrong Mr Zero UAV?
Is the FRSky V8R7SP supported by the FW or not?
Did I do something wrong or forgot something in setup?
apache74 is offline Find More Posts by apache74
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:04 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
The latest Android GCS has a small problem. If you are located in countries where they use the (,) comma as a decimal point, the system does not allow you to load up waypoints because the system is looking for a decimal point and you are sending data with a comma.

It is easy to resolve by people who live in these countries. All they need to do is change the country language on their Table/phone to a country that uses the decimal point (.) as a decimal point.

I have notified ZeroUAV of the problem and I am sure that they will replace the Android GCS as soon as they can.

Personally, I think those countries should rather get rid of the comma (,) and I live in one of them. I mean really, who ever thought of using a comma as a decimal point

Cheers
Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:29 AM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
neato4u, here is a 40min combination.
Your results will depend on your altitude and end weight

http://forum.autoquad.org/viewtopic.php?p=8730#p8730

>10 min flight on a heavy multi and good performance in wind is a difficult balancing act.

imo, ALWAYS fly with a datalink and GCS
There are potential crash conditions that can be avoided if you spot them early.
Thank you very much sir, this is what I've been looking for. Thanks!
neato4u is offline Find More Posts by neato4u
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:05 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Mar 2007
783 Posts
I see there is an on print location for a backup battery in the GPS housing, can someone explane why this is not used?

With MK I used a backup battery for the GPS and the result was a mug quicker loading of the satellite positions.
holco is offline Find More Posts by holco
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:53 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by holco View Post
I see there is an on print location for a backup battery in the GPS housing, can someone explane why this is not used?

With MK I used a backup battery for the GPS and the result was a mug quicker loading of the satellite positions.
I don't know, but all I can tell is that I get a lock on after a very short time.

Never timed it, however, before I have had time to check that all the data is streaming correctly, lock on is achieved.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:44 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
I have a brand new ysx6 still in box for 850us $
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:18 PM
fly FPV
Germany
Joined Jan 2010
100 Posts
Hello,

I have one of the first YS-X6
bought about 1 year ago

Unfortunately, the wireless communication of the YS-X6
not with the wifi configuration

I only have the COM cable
(not USB)
is still functioning?
FPVer is offline Find More Posts by FPVer
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:43 AM
France, RA, Bossey
Joined May 2011
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apache74 View Post
PPM problem
Since PPM is supported, I wanted to try this possibility yesterday with my PPM receiver FrSky V8R7SP (which is working without problems on my Hexa under MWii and MP)
I connected, as recommended in the manual, channel 8 of the YS to the PPm channel of my FrSky,
I selected PPM in the parameters setup of Remote Controll Mode and checked with "get" that the change was registered in the GSC of my android tablet.
I also made a channel calibration again.
But when moving the sticks of my TX (Futaba 9 ZAP) nothing happens in the datas(figures of rudder etc…are not moving.)
Its like the RX doesn't work or doesn't communicate with the YS.
Any idea on what's wrong Mr Zero UAV?
Is the FRSky V8R7SP supported by the FW or not?
Did I do something wrong or forgot something in setup?
I didnt see any reply nor comments to my above post.
Nobody had a similar/same issue?
I am still stucked with this problem.
Any idea/solution? Help please!
@ ZeroUAV
Did you read this post Mr Zero UAV? Why don't you reply?
Can't you help?
apache74 is offline Find More Posts by apache74
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:59 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apache74 View Post
I didnt see any reply nor comments to my above post.
Nobody had a similar/same issue?
I am still stucked with this problem.
Any idea/solution? Help please!
@ ZeroUAV
Did you read this post Mr Zero UAV? Why don't you reply?
Can't you help?
Nouvel an chinois, nos amis font la fête !!!
A+
Maximus
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc