SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:58 AM
Currently in Nairobi, Kenya
Netherland
Joined Mar 2003
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukie View Post
whats your setup on the skywalker? do you have a blog for it?or a thread entry? Im also exploring that possibility using instead of using the 433 lrs for around 2-4km run.
Have a look here. You can get all the information you need.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1439219

Regards

Willie
Willie is offline Find More Posts by Willie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:18 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Has anyone got a Gimbal to work directly off the YS-X6 and what are your thoughts on it wrt performance?
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:22 PM
Joined Aug 2011
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Please check your calcs again using eCalc. Make sure you change the pull down tab to Without Drive. I am sure you have made a mistake somewhere
Hi, you can see here... I set 700gr weight of the frame, including FC, tx, cam and etc..

I think to lighten the frame(with cam, fc, tx, cam) to total of 500-600g, and get 50 minutes of flight, what do you think?
giuseppe10091989 is offline Find More Posts by giuseppe10091989
Last edited by giuseppe10091989; Jan 08, 2013 at 05:45 AM.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:24 PM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
GImbal not aligned and servo jitter

Hi guys,

I just equipped the YS-X6 to the Glyder 600 (by foxtech).
After a few tries, I managed to establish connection via Wifi.
Now I have issues with my gimbal being not centered and the servo jitters (I am using a digital servo).

Here is a video of it (unfortunately my camera didn't pick up the small jitter servo sound).

Zero UAV YS-X6 Gimbal jitter (0 min 40 sec)

And here is a snapshot of Android GCS (not sure if this is the one I should be tweaking with?) - It is set to 50Hz - should I change this or is there something else I need to do?

Also I believe I need to configure / set ch 7 and 8 on my Tx?
neato4u is offline Find More Posts by neato4u
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:42 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neato4u View Post
Hi guys,

Now I have issues with my gimbal being not centered and the servo jitters (I am using a digital servo).

Here is a video of it (unfortunately my camera didn't pick up the small jitter servo sound).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho8cYaimpIQ

And here is a snapshot of Android GCS (not sure if this is the one I should be tweaking with?) - It is set to 50Hz - should I change this or is there something else I need to do?

I will be interested to see how this works, because unless you have the steadi470 system, which has 2 IMU's, and has been designed for offsetting the IMU's, the normal YS-X6 IMU has to be placed at the centre of motors. And yours is clearly not.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Last edited by robone; Jan 08, 2013 at 03:09 AM.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:07 AM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
I will be interested to see how this works, because unless you have the steadi470 system, which has 2 IMU's, and has been designed for offsetting the IMU's, the normal YS-X6 IMU has to be placed at the centre of motors. And yours is clearly not.
Well I think I got some progress with the gimbal. It seems that I need to put some weight in order to balance it. So I strapped a lipo first, and then strapped my phone to check the video..

unfortunately the gimbal swayed too much. I have played around with PTZ roll and tilt.. but not much time today so I guess I need to postponed it till tomorrow. Will keep you guys updated. But please, any docs in regards to gimbal setting on Zero UAV? Even in the manual there are nothing much about setting it up..
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:32 PM
ZeroUAV
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
about the gimbal

Quote:
Hi guys,

frist , you need setup the ch7 and ch8 on your TX ,
second , if your esc have bec 5v out , you can use the 5v to power on the servo of
gimbal ,
third , you can control the roll ptz by the ch8 and control the pitch ptz by the ch7 on yor TX,

any questions >
ise2012 is offline Find More Posts by ise2012
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:23 PM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Hi ise2012,

Thanks. I have setup ch7 and ch8 on my Futaba T8FG, assigned them to volume (LD and RD). For some reason I was able to make it work earlier - the gimbal performed great and stable - with a little off when tilted (will have to adjust the PTZ values I think).

However when I powered it off and turned it back on again, LED indicator went bright white and gimbal moved like crazy.. I was on manual mode.

Then i changed to a new flight lipo, LED blinked red (manual mode) but the gimbal does not perform as well as before.. weird, I have not changed any settings.

Any ideas what more to do with the gimbal or other settings that I should take note for YS-X6?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:29 AM
ZeroUAV
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
take it easy

Quote:
Hi ise2012,

Thanks. I have setup ch7 and ch8 on my Futaba T8FG, assigned them to volume (LD and RD). For some reason I was able to make it work earlier - the gimbal performed great and stable - with a little off when tilted (will have to adjust the PTZ values I think).

However when I powered it off and turned it back on again, LED indicator went bright white and gimbal moved like crazy.. I was on manual mode.

Then i changed to a new flight lipo, LED blinked red (manual mode) but the gimbal does not perform as well as before.. weird, I have not changed any settings.

Any ideas what more to do with the gimbal or other settings that I should take note for YS-X6?
hi , my friend , when you restart the ap again , and the led of ap blinks white , gimbal moved crazy in the manual mode , that mean the attitude is moving , that is not right ,

you need only power on the ap , not power on the esc (the gimbal servo ) , zero gyro in the setting interface in the gcs , and move the aircraft to check the attitude is right or not . if it is right , pls power on the esc , then the gimbal servo have power , that will be can work . test it , and give me a result ,

peter
ise2012 is offline Find More Posts by ise2012
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:36 PM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Hmm for some reason the issue has disappeared by itself..

Glyder 600 with Zero UAV YS-X6 Gimbal test 2 (0 min 54 sec)

Does this look ok?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:47 PM
Currently in Nairobi, Kenya
Netherland
Joined Mar 2003
278 Posts
Quote:
Hmm for some reason the issue has disappeared by itself..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nvj5K26FqU

Does this look ok?
Hi

It looks very good.

What gimbal is that?

Regards

Willie
Willie is offline Find More Posts by Willie
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:56 PM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Thanks Willie, it is the Glyder 600 by foxtech - the gimbal (+ 2 gyros) comes together with the quad.
Hope to maiden it later.. but gotta get some sleep first.. zzz
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:39 AM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Maiden aborted! It seems that my esc need to be calibrated..
throttle calibration?
Anybody can guide how to do that? Usually before powering on I push throttle to max then power up, after some esc beep, power down again..
But YS-X6 seems different
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:07 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Maiden aborted! It seems that my esc need to be calibrated..
throttle calibration?
Anybody can guide how to do that? Usually before powering on I push throttle to max then power up, after some esc beep, power down again..
But YS-X6 seems different
Check your pm. No other way to calibrate the esc than doing it through the GCS.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:48 PM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Nov 2011
338 Posts
Not related to your question, I also have this frame and haven't got it fully set up yet. The top plate where the electronics is mounted is suspended with rubber grommets to the main frame to supposedly dampen vibration etc. I think this is a bad idea to have the IMU mounted to this where it will move slightly different to the main frame. The IMU needs to be fixed as solid as possible to the main frame so that it give accurate and quickest responses.
My suggestion is fit some solid grommets between the top frame and main frame so they are fixed solidly together.

I have seen a lot of problems people have had in trying to dampen vibration by suspending the main boards on anti-vibration pads or grommets, springs and so on. It give very bad flying behavior becasue the frame is doing something different to what the main board is reading. Soon as they fixed the board solidly to the frame the issues were gone.

Quote:
Hi guys,

SkippyTBK is offline Find More Posts by SkippyTBK