HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:45 PM
ZeroUAV
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
NOT VERY PLEASED WITH THE LATEST (7/23/12) FIRMWARE!!

I just had a crash which I am pretty certain was caused by the autopilot.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I had some problems with stabilization in the new 7/23/12 firmware. Previous ones flew perfectly.

But since I also had installed a gimbal since the last firmware, I decided to removed the gimbal and test again.
With the old firmware (6/25/12) I flew with Roll and Pitch sensitivity set to 90/90, the rest at default settings. Great performance, best I have seen so far indeed with very good position hold in strong winds.

With the new (7/23/12) firmware and gimbal installed I got lots of wobbles at the same settings. After tuning roll and pitch sensitivity down to 60/60, the wobbles disappeared but stabilization is now to soft to perform well in gusts of wind.

So I then decided to remove the gimbal (luckily) and test some more. Flew again at 60/60 gains. Same soft performance as when the gimbal was installed. I then changed roll and pitch back to 90/90 which I used to fly with on the old firmware. I slowly spun the motors up in manual and looked for wobbles. I could not see any so I punched the throttle slightly (to get out of ground effect) as usual and took off. The copter suddenly pitched down HARD. Much more then any stick input should allow it to pitch. Stick corrections did not help, and just made the copter yaw to the left while still pitching down hard. By now the copter has to much height and velocity to just drop it, so I gave some more throttle and activated GPS position hold (10 satellite lock confirmed and tested with the earlier 60/60 gains) hold to see if the problem would work itself out. Instead the copter performed a VERY sharp left half circle with close to 90 deg pitch and came down to the ground at that angle with the front/side first.

So right now I am just happy I removed the cinestar gimbal before the crash..
hi , did you have the hj file ? you can find the hj file in you phone root file . and send to me , i will analysis it ,
my email : support_zerouav@yeah.net
ise2012 is offline Find More Posts by ise2012
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 10:23 PM
ZeroUAV
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
Ok i remounted imu with double side tape and moved wifi etc further away from imu, we'll see if there is any difference. Is there any way to reset to default parameters. Reset button in iphone and pc GS does nothing.

Also pc software shows p/r I value 70 as iphone version shows 80! Is this bug or?[/QUOTE]

hi , did you use the lasted GCS , when you click "reset "button , the parameters will reset to default .
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:40 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ise2012 View Post
Ok i remounted imu with double side tape and moved wifi etc further away from imu, we'll see if there is any difference. Is there any way to reset to default parameters. Reset button in iphone and pc GS does nothing.

Also pc software shows p/r I value 70 as iphone version shows 80! Is this bug or?
hi , did you use the lasted GCS , when you click "reset "button , the parameters will reset to default .[/QUOTE]

Yes both pc and iphone versions are latest but reset is not working in either one. I tried reseting in setting mode, manual, auto modes but no success. Also bit strange is that pc version gets and shows different I values for pitch and roll.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:24 AM
ZeroUAV
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
hi , did you use the lasted GCS , when you click "reset "button , the parameters will reset to default .
Yes both pc and iphone versions are latest but reset is not working in either one. I tried reseting in setting mode, manual, auto modes but no success. Also bit strange is that pc version gets and shows different I values for pitch and roll.[/QUOTE]

i test it by myself , the "default " is work normal , pls ugrade the lasted FW .
(the fw must be after the day of july 23 . ) and have a try .
i am sorry ,for our products description is not very clear .
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 06, 2012, 04:11 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
NOT VERY PLEASED WITH THE LATEST (7/23/12) FIRMWARE!!

I just had a crash which I am pretty certain was caused by the autopilot.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I had some problems with stabilization in the new 7/23/12 firmware. Previous ones flew perfectly.

But since I also had installed a gimbal since the last firmware, I decided to removed the gimbal and test again.
With the old firmware (6/25/12) I flew with Roll and Pitch sensitivity set to 90/90, the rest at default settings. Great performance, best I have seen so far indeed with very good position hold in strong winds.

With the new (7/23/12) firmware and gimbal installed I got lots of wobbles at the same settings. After tuning roll and pitch sensitivity down to 60/60, the wobbles disappeared but stabilization is now to soft to perform well in gusts of wind.

So I then decided to remove the gimbal (luckily) and test some more. Flew again at 60/60 gains. Same soft performance as when the gimbal was installed. I then changed roll and pitch back to 90/90 which I used to fly with on the old firmware. I slowly spun the motors up in manual and looked for wobbles. I could not see any so I punched the throttle slightly (to get out of ground effect) as usual and took off. The copter suddenly pitched down HARD. Much more then any stick input should allow it to pitch. Stick corrections did not help, and just made the copter yaw to the left while still pitching down hard. By now the copter has to much height and velocity to just drop it, so I gave some more throttle and activated GPS position hold (10 satellite lock confirmed and tested with the earlier 60/60 gains) hold to see if the problem would work itself out. Instead the copter performed a VERY sharp left half circle with close to 90 deg pitch and came down to the ground at that angle with the front/side first.

So right now I am just happy I removed the cinestar gimbal before the crash..
OK, confession time.
I just talked to support and the log shows that "Init Setup" mode was active when I tried to take off. So basically the copter had no stabilization when it crashed. It is a wonder I managed to keep it in the air for as long as I did.. So again, the crash was 100% user (that's me) error.
I have requested some kind of visual indication in the ground-station software telling when "Init Setup" is active to prevent this kind of thing in the future.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Aug 06, 2012, 05:14 AM
Joined Mar 2012
36 Posts
Hello,everyone,the *Free Fly*Activity thread is changed to the below website position "Forums--->Off-Topic-Discussion--->Other Websites" , the link doesn't change .Come on to take part in the YS-X6 activity and post your videos.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1703032&page=8
zerouav is offline Find More Posts by zerouav
Last edited by zerouav; Aug 06, 2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 05:39 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
288 Posts
Quote:

i test it by myself , the "default " is work normal , pls ugrade the lasted FW .
(the fw must be after the day of july 23 . ) and have a try .
i am sorry ,for our products description is not very clear .
Yes i have latest 10120723 firmware and latest ground station softwares, has anyone else tried does your reset work? Or am i missing something?

Also why there is no anymore easy setting up wizard in iPhone GS? I think it was very useful.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:00 AM
Multirotoriste
France, IdF, Montesson
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
Hello
I'm new with this system.

I have a question:
How this fact the stake has in the update system has 16 way-point?
It is a code, or a materiel has to add?

sorry for my english i'm french.
Tanck for your help
laverre is offline Find More Posts by laverre
Old Aug 06, 2012, 07:47 AM
ZeroUAV
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by laverre View Post
Hello
I'm new with this system.

I have a question:
How this fact the stake has in the update system has 16 way-point?
It is a code, or a materiel has to add?

sorry for my english i'm french.
Tanck for your help
hi , my friend.
thank you for support our product of YS-X6 AP.
the basic version of ap has 4 way-points (more info , you can visit the wedsite of this owners thread first page. ) it can be update to 16 way-points by update the Special FW , maybe need some money.
if you want to update the system to 16 way-points , pls contact our sales
(Email: sales_zerouav@yeah.net
Skype: sales.zerouav) ,and provide the Product Serial Number . they will help you solve the problem.
have a nice day .
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:30 AM
ZeroUAV
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
Default parameters

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
Yes i have latest 10120723 firmware and latest ground station softwares, has anyone else tried does your reset work? Or am i missing something?

Also why there is no anymore easy setting up wizard in iPhone GS? I think it was very useful.
i am sorry , maybe you missing something .
there is a pic of the Default parameters about the ys-x6 in the android systme phone. forgive me , it not is in iphone , but the Default parameters are the same .
pls change it by yourself, Don't forger click "send" and "get" to check the change is successed.
pls tell me your Serial Number of the YS-X6. I will find the reason of it
Site Sponsor
Last edited by ise2012; Aug 06, 2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:52 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
288 Posts
Quote:
i am sorry , maybe you missing something .
there is a pic of the Default parameters about the ys-x6 in the android systme phone. forgive me , it not is in iphone , but the Default parameters are the same .
pls change it by yourself, Don't forger click "send" and "get" to check the change is successed.
pls tell me your Serial Number of the YS-X6. I will find the reason of it
Yes i know i can dial numbers in manually but i just thought that when there is a "reset" button in both pc gs sofware and iphone gs version maybe they are there for reason and i can use them for example after every firmware updates to make sure unit really is in factory defaults. If they are not working buttons they might be removed to avoid user confusion.

Other thing what i ment was that setup wizard was very helpful in iphone gs for first time users. I don't need it but i'm sure many new users would appreciate it.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 07:29 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
I am confused by the A10 and A11 connections, listed in the manual as "Power voltage (above 4S)" and "Current sensor". In the wiring diagram there is a green line connecting the "In Out" box to A11. Not sure what the IN OUT box is - a watt meter?

I plan to use 6S lipo on the system. Does that mean that I will have to connect something to A10 or A11?

I read this entire thread and found no mention of these A10 A11 connections.

Also, the videos I've seen of wifi control use separate routers. Has anyone set this up on the wifi hotspot function of their phone? The manual says this is possible.

Thanks, Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Last edited by rampa202; Aug 06, 2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:23 PM
ZeroUAV
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampa202 View Post
I am confused by the A10 and A11 connections, listed in the manual as "Power voltage (above 4S)" and "Current sensor". In the wiring diagram there is a green line connecting the "In Out" box to A11. Not sure what the IN OUT box is - a watt meter?

I plan to use 6S lipo on the system. Does that mean that I will have to connect something to A10 or A11?

I read this entire thread and found no mention of these A10 A11 connections.

Also, the videos I've seen of wifi control use separate routers. Has anyone set this up on the wifi hotspot function of their phone? The manual says this is possible.

Thanks, Russ
hi , my friend .
thank you for support YS-X6 AP .
i am sorry , i am not sure you have Battery consumption module or not .
if you have Battery consumption module , pls look the manual to conncet it correct .
if you did not have it , pls do not care about it .
you said you plan to use 6S lipo on the system . only need connect it to P port ,

also , you want to try use the wifi hotspot function of your phone ,
you need Ensure your phone support the wifi hotspot , and the ip can be change is 192.168.1.1
Battery consumption module is a Attachment of YS-X6 , when you buy the YS-X6 , it need to buy separately . i am sorry , maybe our sales not Clearly described about it .
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 07, 2012, 04:01 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampa202 View Post

Thanks, Russ
If you use iphone there is Cydia app called MyWi which allows needed settings for YS. It's working flawlessly for me.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 04:23 AM
Multirotoriste
France, IdF, Montesson
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
hi , my friend.
thank you for support our product of YS-X6 AP.
the basic version of ap has 4 way-points (more info , you can visit the wedsite of this owners thread first page. ) it can be update to 16 way-points by update the Special FW , maybe need some money.
if you want to update the system to 16 way-points , pls contact our sales
(Email: sales_zerouav@yeah.net
Skype: sales.zerouav) ,and provide the Product Serial Number . they will help you solve the problem.
have a nice day .
Thank you for your answer.
I begin has to make the translation in French of 2 doc.
Know you how much French speaker uses this autopilot?
Enable zero uav authorize me has to broadcast my translation?
I has to receive the autopilot tomorrow, I am tres impatient person to use it.

Cordially
CÚdric Laverre
laverre is offline Find More Posts by laverre