HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:33 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero UAV View Post
Have a try referring to the instruction, maybe it helps.
Very Good. Your instructions are perfect.

I never tried Question 1 as I have the maps enabled on my PC GCS. I did try Question 2 and it works well. Used it to load up a number of locations.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:02 AM
Joined Aug 2012
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Have you tried setting up the router as a hotspot and connecting directly to the wifi module?
Sometimes I have found certain routers just do not work. don't ask me why. I think it is someway that they set up the security on the router. That is why I always use the TP-Link router which always seems to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreidekker View Post
Hello again.
I hope somebody can help me. I have problem with the Wifi unit. I have a D-Link router and it is something wrong between my android pad and the YS-X6 Wifi unit. The GCS says communication Disconnected and I donīt understand why. I bougt a new router, a new pad and a get the same information, communication Disconneted.

I got it work together a short time with my PC and the GCS program, but not anymore. I'm lost. Please give me a hint to solve what I have done wrong.
Best regards
Lars Dahlstrom
It is because of the gateway of router. It is strongly suggested to use TP-Link router, it works fine with YS-X6 wifi module. The gateway of D-Link is not compatibel with the WIFI, so it doesn't work.
Parift is offline Find More Posts by Parift
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:11 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parift View Post
It is because of the gateway of router. It is strongly suggested to use TP-Link router, it works fine with YS-X6 wifi module. The gateway of D-Link is not compatibel with the WIFI, so it doesn't work.
Do you know what other routers are not compatible. It would help maybe if there was a list of these.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:11 AM
Joined Nov 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Hi Amtech

If you do not want to use the wifi module, can you just connect the USB connection to the PC?

I now have all the parts and will begin wiring up over the next few days. I am thinking for the Ground side, I will 1st test using the usb connection and then wire up the wifi module.

Cheers
Rob
Yes for sure just plug the usb (3dr ground module) into the pc (install the drivers) then setup the com port on the GCS software (115200). I sugest you get this working first.
amtech is offline Find More Posts by amtech
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:44 AM
Armenia, Yerevan
Joined Sep 2012
17 Posts

here is my copter MT2814 , YS-X6 , 3S. When I want fly with 13x65 prop it didnt fly stabli but with 12x60 , it fly very stalib
ArturARM is offline Find More Posts by ArturARM
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:49 AM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero UAV View Post
Originally Posted by Tuomas P.
I relocated the IMU into the top of the MC and it seems to fly much better now. Great! Now...my PC GCS will not show me the map eventhough I have internet access. How can I get the map?

TP.

Have a try referring to the instruction, maybe it helps.
Thanks a lot.
Now it is working perfect.
Now I'm going to buy a SD-card for my Android. The maps doesn't get uploaded. Do you have any as good as the previous one but for a android pad?

Best regards.
Lars Dahlstrom
Dreidekker is offline Find More Posts by Dreidekker
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined May 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreidekker View Post
Thanks a lot.
Now it is working perfect.
Now I'm going to buy a SD-card for my Android. The maps doesn't get uploaded. Do you have any as good as the previous one but for a android pad?

Best regards.
Lars Dahlstrom
Make Internet or 3G access, then try to load the map, if fail please try to install the Android GCS.
Zero UAV is offline Find More Posts by Zero UAV
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:00 AM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parift View Post
Thank you.
I have already bougt a new router and it works fine now with my new TP-Link.
Dreidekker is offline Find More Posts by Dreidekker
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:00 AM
Mozambique, Maputo City, Maputo
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
Tests and crashes

Hi,
I am now doing always tests taking the hexacopter at no more than 2 or three meters hight to avoid destroying it badly. Every test finishes with a flip over or a crash. The last has been today. I started the system and saw that one motor was always beeping and was not running. I checked its electrical connections so I took off the connection with the MC, pushed the two pins a little bit and put on again. This way it started. Just to be sure, I did a first test in manual mode to see how the motors were responding during start up. It flew normally for few seconds so I put it down.
I then did other two tries in GPS mode only for one or two minutes and it flew normally. When I thought it was flying fine I did a third try in GPS mode, but this time as soon as the motors spinned up to raise the hexa it instead immediately tilted to one side and capsized violently breaking another prop and bending the GPS pole.
I am really frustrated with all these bad results. The problems appears randomly and I do not understand if it is YS-X6 fault or motor's fault.
archet is offline Find More Posts by archet
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:28 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtech View Post
Yes for sure just plug the usb (3dr ground module) into the pc (install the drivers) then setup the com port on the GCS software (115200). I sugest you get this working first.
Got the Air module installed and plugged the ground module into the USB port, using the 3DR config software changed the baud rate on the air module and ground to 115200. Connected the PC GCS and everything is working brilliantly.

I will do the connections for the wifi module tomorrow.

Amtech, thanks for such an easy circuit to follow. Total cost for each 74HC14 = $0.80. Now I am 100% legal.

Edit: Do you have any suggestions as to how one can seal all the other pins to stop them shorting at any time?

Cheers
Rob
Last edited by robone; Dec 13, 2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by archet View Post
Hi,
I am now doing always tests taking the hexacopter at no more than 2 or three meters hight to avoid destroying it badly. Every test finishes with a flip over or a crash. The last has been today. I started the system and saw that one motor was always beeping and was not running. I checked its electrical connections so I took off the connection with the MC, pushed the two pins a little bit and put on again. This way it started. Just to be sure, I did a first test in manual mode to see how the motors were responding during start up. It flew normally for few seconds so I put it down.
I then did other two tries in GPS mode only for one or two minutes and it flew normally. When I thought it was flying fine I did a third try in GPS mode, but this time as soon as the motors spinned up to raise the hexa it instead immediately tilted to one side and capsized violently breaking another prop and bending the GPS pole.
I am really frustrated with all these bad results. The problems appears randomly and I do not understand if it is YS-X6 fault or motor's fault.
Hi

I would start swopping motors around to see if the motors still beep when you are running off a different ESC. That will isolate whether it is the motor or the ESC or further up the line. Then do the same with the ESC.

Check the ESC program settings. Do you have a program card, because trying to program using the Tx can cause (for me anyway) lots of problems.

Then if everything is okay, do your throttle calibration again.

Check your motor s are all turning the right way.
Check your are using the right props for the motor direction.
Check you have put in the right Aircraft type
Check that you haven't entered any values in the motor mix table. If you have remove the values entered as this is used only if you are settinmg up a system that does not fall under any of the motor types.

Once you have done all that, then send us your data file to have a look at.

Rob
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:38 PM
Mozambique, Maputo City, Maputo
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Hi

I would start swopping motors around to see if the motors still beep when you are running off a different ESC. That will isolate whether it is the motor or the ESC or further up the line. Then do the same with the ESC.

Check the ESC program settings. Do you have a program card, because trying to program using the Tx can cause (for me anyway) lots of problems.

Then if everything is okay, do your throttle calibration again.

Check your motor s are all turning the right way.
Check your are using the right props for the motor direction.
Check you have put in the right Aircraft type
Check that you haven't entered any values in the motor mix table. If you have remove the values entered as this is used only if you are settinmg up a system that does not fall under any of the motor types.

Once you have done all that, then send us your data file to have a look at.

Rob
Hi Robone,
I think that the beep on one motor was because of a false contact with the MC, because even when I took off the wire from the MC and powered the YS-X6 it was doing the same. Once I put again in and there was a good contact it worked fine. I have had a look at the data file and I see that at the moment of the flip over there is a high value for Rudder. I don't know where it comes from, Anyway I cannot interpret these data properly. I attach it here for you to have a look. Before the flight I did few times the channel calibration but it was never perfect. It means that there was always a value of 1 in the rudder and elevator instead of being in the MP value. What I cannot understand is that it had that strange flip over only after few seconds I tested it twice in GPS mode.
(I couldn't upload the data file because the uploader says 'Invalid file', so I try to send it to you via email.)
archet is offline Find More Posts by archet
Last edited by archet; Dec 13, 2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined Nov 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Got the Air module installed and plugged the ground module into the USB port, using the 3DR config software changed the baud rate on the air module and ground to 115200. Connected the PC GCS and everything is working brilliantly.

I will do the connections for the wifi module tomorrow.

Amtech, thanks for such an easy circuit to follow. Total cost for each 74HC14 = $0.80. Now I am 100% legal.

Edit: Do you have any suggestions as to how one can seal all the other pins to stop them shorting at any time?

Cheers
Rob
Great good to hear...

i just removed/cut the usused pins with needle nose cutters.

BTW... I'm going to hook up the 3DR gound unit to a bluetooth transceiver, this would be more convenient to use than the wifi. It just depends on how well the YS APP's run on bluetooth. will let you know
amtech is offline Find More Posts by amtech
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:16 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
294 Posts
ZEROUAV can you please give some tips for PID tuning to YS-X6 for bigger frames? Any suggestions what to adjust and where if i wan't to make it more optimized for big and heavy airframe? I have to say i'm currently getting better results in bigger frame with my YS-X4 than X6.

Kari
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:26 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtech View Post
Great good to hear...

i just removed/cut the usused pins with needle nose cutters.

BTW... I'm going to hook up the 3DR gound unit to a bluetooth transceiver, this would be more convenient to use than the wifi. It just depends on how well the YS APP's run on bluetooth. will let you know
I have cut off the unused pins, however, I think I am going to look for some large heat shrink today.

Must practice my soldering skills to get too those pins on the ground module. I am only going to solder the Tx/Rx pins and provide power via the USB connection.

ZeroUAV do have a blue tooth module out and for sale (MSRP=$49), so that should not be a problem.

Cheers
Rob