HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:37 AM
Joined Nov 2011
314 Posts
Yes I think this is whats happening, though strange I can still receive the live data from the copter on both PC and phone at the same time, just I cant download the PIDs.

Anyway the first comment on that post you sent solved this and its pretty much what I had in mind to try out.

Quote,
"This is great tutorial but there is a way to connect multiple UART receiving/transmitting devices on the same bus.

Master’s transmit line connects to all receivers rx line as usual.

Each Slaves' transmit line connects to a reverse diode -diode’s negative pin to slaves tx- and positive end of the diode to bus"
Unquote.

It has a link to a schematic diagram for it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
It's a hardware thing.
1 TX can connect to 2 RX's.
But 2 TXs can not connect to 1 RX without some modification.

Will find and post.

edit:
Found it
http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/224
SkippyTBK is online now Find More Posts by SkippyTBK
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:32 PM
Finland
Joined Apr 2007
212 Posts
YS altitude control aggressive

Just tested the YS-X4 on an X-8. The setup pretty much out of the box. It seems that once the altitude hold is on while flying in altitude hold mode or GPS mode, the motors start to oscillate. Its restless. Actually my YS-X6 does the same. Tried to put the values down, but its still restless. On the manual mode its much better (video from 0:28) Any ideas? Here´s the video:

YSX4 test (0 min 53 sec)

Rgds,
Tuomas
Tuomas P. is offline Find More Posts by Tuomas P.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:18 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomas P. View Post
Just tested the YS-X4 on an X-8. The setup pretty much out of the box. It seems that once the altitude hold is on while flying in altitude hold mode or GPS mode, the motors start to oscillate. Its restless. Actually my YS-X6 does the same. Tried to put the values down, but its still restless. On the manual mode its much better (video from 0:28) Any ideas? Here´s the video:
Rgds,
Tuomas
Hello Tuomas,
Which kind of ESCs do you use ???
Maybe they aren't "fast" enough ???
Cheers
Maximus
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:55 PM
Finland
Joined Apr 2007
212 Posts
In my YS-X6 driven X8 I have Simonk flashed Blueseries 40A. On this one my friend has 40A Turnigy, not flashed yet. On both the ESC setup is normal 400Hz in the YS end.
TP.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:31 AM
Mozambique, Maputo City, Maputo
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerouav View Post
Dear archet,
Have you downloaded and read the Quick Start Guide? There is clear Warning addressed inside. The problems and cautions can be found in the User Manual or Quick Start Guide, so if you have problems or douts you can refer to it. Or emial to our technical support: support_zerouav@yeah.net
Hi Zerouav
I have read the quick start guide and it says to power the servo through one ESC's BEC.
About the interference between image tx an IMU it obviously says to put them far. I am using an hexa with a quite large gimbal, so I put the video tx at the bottom of one of the gimbal's leg. It is not possible to put it farther than that.
What kind of problems can interference cause? does it affect stability only? Can it cause the FC to suddenly move in a direction or drastically reduce power on one motor causing it to tilt and eventually crash?
Thanks
archet is offline Find More Posts by archet
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:37 AM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
Hello everybody,

I'm new in this and with the YS-X6 system. I got trouble when i upgrade my firmware and now when I'm trying to upgrade again I got this message:

45 53 43 5B 4A OA OD 59 53 2D 58 36 20 69 73 20 6E EF 77 20 62 6F etc... and that I have to restart the upgrade program. Maybe I allready have the newest firmware? The LED on the wifi is lit, so I think it is ok, because I could get information yesterday on the Ground software on the PC, but not anymore. I will try a Android cellar to( I have Iphone that I not can jailbreak yet) see if I got it right. Any suggest what to do?

And why does the LED flash red, red, red, green. It should be red, red, red... What's wrong. I can't see that I have set it up wrong. ESC?
Any suggest?
Dreidekker is offline Find More Posts by Dreidekker
Last edited by Dreidekker; Dec 06, 2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
599 Posts
Quote:
In my YS-X6 driven X8 I have Simonk flashed Blueseries 40A. On this one my friend has 40A Turnigy, not flashed yet. On both the ESC setup is normal 400Hz in the YS end.
TP.
I had the same issue, both on my X8 and my hexa. How did I fix it? I recalibrated the end points of the ESC's. Its got to be done with no props for safety, but when you hear the correct beeps, you will know its done. So, power off the ESC's, but not the FC and Rx, and then in setup guide, skip to the ESC calibration part, then put throttle to maximum (100% stick), power on the ESC's until you hear the tones that its in settings mode, then throttle off (0% stick). You'll hear a confirmation beep. Like mentioned before, make sure the ESC's are set up correctly on their own also.

When I redid the end points, the oscillation stopped (like you was more prevalent in GPS auto hover mode). Hope that works.
Salocin is offline Find More Posts by Salocin
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:04 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by archet View Post
What kind of problems can interference cause? does it affect stability only? Can it cause the FC to suddenly move in a direction or drastically reduce power on one motor causing it to tilt and eventually crash?
Thanks
Worst case crash, best case intermittent control lockout.
Once I get mine airborn again I will continue work on an early warning system for issues.
Most are preventable if you know what to look for.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:56 AM
Mozambique, Maputo City, Maputo
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
Motor speed increasing after flip over

I had other two bad landings and flips over while continuing testing my hexa and YS-X6. What put me angry was the fact that when the hexa was capsizing the motor speed was increasing while the throttle was at zero ad even when it was completely capsized on the ground it continued for few seconds to keep motors running.
This caused propellers to break and other problems to the motors and to the shaft.
I thought that when the attitude angle is bigger than a certain value the YS should cut the throttle automatically but instead, notwithstanding the throttle being to zero it keeps motor running for a while.
During one of the first flight I had a flip over because after landed I decided to stop the motors with the arming method (I use it with DJI FC) but the motors accelerated and the hexa capsized, so I do not use it anymore.
archet is offline Find More Posts by archet
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:08 AM
Finland
Joined Apr 2007
212 Posts
I have done the esc calibration properly. But I'll do it again. I will also try to locate the image tx and wifi and the gps farther from the imu. My MC is now located above the imu, maybe they should be also reversed.

TP.

QUOTE=Salocin;23459487]I had the same issue, both on my X8 and my hexa. How did I fix it? I recalibrated the end points of the ESC's. Its got to be done with no props for safety, but when you hear the correct beeps, you will know its done. So, power off the ESC's, but not the FC and Rx, and then in setup guide, skip to the ESC calibration part, then put throttle to maximum (100% stick), power on the ESC's until you hear the tones that its in settings mode, then throttle off (0% stick). You'll hear a confirmation beep. Like mentioned before, make sure the ESC's are set up correctly on their own also.

When I redid the end points, the oscillation stopped (like you was more prevalent in GPS auto hover mode). Hope that works.[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:11 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
I have done the esc calibration properly. But I'll do it again. I will also try to locate the image tx and wifi and the gps farther from the imu. My MC is now located above the imu, maybe they should be also reversed.
I am not saying it wont work, but a number of people I know who did that, had problems with interference. It is a better policy to locate the IMU above the MC

Cheers
Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:20 AM
Finland
Joined Apr 2007
212 Posts
Thanks, will do.
TP.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:27 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by archet View Post
I had other two bad landings and flips over while continuing testing my hexa and YS-X6. What put me angry was the fact that when the hexa was capsizing the motor speed was increasing while the throttle was at zero ad even when it was completely capsized on the ground it continued for few seconds to keep motors running.
This caused propellers to break and other problems to the motors and to the shaft.
I thought that when the attitude angle is bigger than a certain value the YS should cut the throttle automatically but instead, notwithstanding the throttle being to zero it keeps motor running for a while.
During one of the first flight I had a flip over because after landed I decided to stop the motors with the arming method (I use it with DJI FC) but the motors accelerated and the hexa capsized, so I do not use it anymore.
They have now changed the firmware from instant cutoff on error condition to a 1 minute delay.
While good if vibration is your problem, not so good if over angle is the error.

I wonder if the auto cut off is only applicable in auto mode?
Back landing, navigation, auto hover.

One of the side of interference is control lockout.
So even if your throttle is at zero, the FC might be using an older higher value.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:19 AM
Bermuda
Joined Feb 2002
71 Posts
YS-X4 Won't Arm.

Hello all,
I am seting up a YS-X4 and it wont arm. I am not sure about the "Parameter Define" as
they are all '0'.
can someone help with this?
CheChe156 is offline Find More Posts by CheChe156
Last edited by CheChe156; Dec 09, 2012 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Got it working Thanks.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:36 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
My last Octo
YS X6 COAXIAL OCTO FLIGHT TIME TEST (1 min 1 sec)
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc