New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaviR View Post
A video with the problem

http://youtu.be/ZV2x-axY8-M
Interesting.
Can you also flick the switches as well during channel align.
I wonder if it ignores an align attemp if all the channels have not moved.?

There is also an option in the PC GCS
Setting > Neutral position

Can you take a picture of how it is all connected.

What "Remote Control Mode" have you got it set to?
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:33 PM
Joined May 2012
28 Posts
I've maked these tests before without results... I've tested the rc control mode in normal and adaptive. Tomorrow i'll post a picture of the quad with all conections.
Before the quad this controller was running in a hexa x correctly but when changed to the quadx and upgrade last firmware showed this problem. Them i tested previus firmwares...
I'm so bored...
HaviR is offline Find More Posts by HaviR
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:08 PM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Marilao
Joined Jun 2008
514 Posts
Hi, does the ys imunhave internal dampeners? Mine came 2 carbon fiber plates sandwiching foams which i assume are for vibration isolation.
rukie is offline Find More Posts by rukie
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Aug 2012
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukie View Post
Hi, does the ys imunhave internal dampeners? Mine came 2 carbon fiber plates sandwiching foams which i assume are for vibration isolation.
Dont use that, just hard mount it with firm foam tape.
Salocin is online now Find More Posts by Salocin
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:45 PM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Marilao
Joined Jun 2008
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salocin View Post
Dont use that, just hard mount it with firm foam tape.
hmmm better not use it it adds more issues. thanks
rukie is offline Find More Posts by rukie
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:14 AM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
YS-X6 not supported with DJI ESCs

I've just been told by the support team at Zero UAV that DJI ESCs are not supported with the YS-X6 Flight controller. I'm pretty annoyed about this, and did not plan on spending another $200 for new ESCs. If anybody is wondering, have a look at the twitching problem I've been having for 2 months now with my YS-X6. Zero seems to think it's ESC related. In the video below, my hands are completely off the transmitter:

Ys-X6 twitching problem (0 min 29 sec)
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Last edited by jdreitman; Nov 23, 2012 at 01:15 AM. Reason: missing a title
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:42 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
I've just been told by the support team at Zero UAV that DJI ESCs are not supported with the YS-X6 Flight controller. I'm pretty annoyed about this, and did not plan on spending another $200 for new ESCs. If anybody is wondering, have a look at the twitching problem I've been having for 2 months now with my YS-X6. Zero seems to think it's ESC related. In the video below, my hands are completely off the transmitter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1lFUr9Hq6I
Why not buy cheap hk F-30A or F-40A esc:s and flash them. You'll get much better results than with crappy dji esc:s.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:55 AM
France, Centre, Orleans
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Hi, I have a problem with my ys-x6 because when I do the calibration of the transmitter is lost. The same from the android software as with the PC and with different versions of firmware.
I tried to change the tx and rx with the same result. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks and greetings.

Hi HaviR,

I had the same problem as yours. Solved it by clicking on "neutral position" tab with Tx sticks on neutral before doing calibration.
Lebobob is offline Find More Posts by Lebobob
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:12 AM
Joined May 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebobob View Post
Hi HaviR,

I had the same problem as yours. Solved it by clicking on "neutral position" tab with Tx sticks on neutral before doing calibration.
Neither this seems to be my solution. You can see it in the following video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post

Interesting.
Can you also flick the switches as well during channel align.
I wonder if it ignores an align attemp if all the channels have not moved.?

There is also an option in the PC GCS
Setting > Neutral position

Can you take a picture of how it is all connected.

What "Remote Control Mode" have you got it set to?
Other video and pictures..

YS-X6 channel align fail 2 (1 min 59 sec)

This is a provisional mounting for testing jdt475x frame. The ubec is for gimbal servos but now isnīt connected.

Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:24 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:

http://youtu.be/Ad3ifjPa43E

This is a provisional mounting for testing jdt475x frame. The ubec is for gimbal servos but now isnīt connected.

Without getting into any of your problems, the IMU should be at the Centre of you frame and I suggest on top of your Main Controller. The wifi unit should be as far away as possible from all the other electronics. You compass should be facing forward on the forward axis. It looks like it is at an angle. Your LED should also be as far away as possible from any of the electronics. I would sort those issues out and then start again with your calibration.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:54 AM
Joined May 2012
28 Posts
The imu is on center. If you draw two axis from motor axis this cross is on actual imu position. The compass isnīt in final position. The wifi position is the same that previus hexaX and never had any problem about this.
I say that this is a provisional mounting for testing this frame, but i think that rc calibration is the first step on instalation.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:48 PM
Mozambique, Maputo City, Maputo
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
First fly test with YS.X6 with my new S-PRO hexa

After having done all possible tests of the YS-X6 on my smaller GAUI 500X frame and everything went fine, I moved back the FC on the bigger S_Pro hexa and did the first try.
It was at night (and that was not a good choice) and I put the hexa on the grass (and this could have been worst). I first tried to start in manual mode pushing the throttle at only 40% to see if the motors were running smoothly but I didn't took off in this mode. Because I was confident that in GPS mode it would have worked fine I went in GPS mode and pushed the throttle a little bit over the middle point. The hexa tried to take off but suddenly It flipped over without not even going up one cm.
I don't know what happened, but I have broken three cf propellers and the shaft of one motor is now loose. I am very frustrated of this start after few months of preparation of the hexa in so many details.
It seems as if the front part of the landing skid were blocked by some grass root, but I am not sure because it was dark.
Actually the type of grass of our garden has roots that grows horizontally on the surface and it is possible that one or both of front part of the landing skid were trapped by these roots. I do not have any other explanation at the moment.
What could have been other possible reasons of such a flip over?
Thanks.
archet is offline Find More Posts by archet
Last edited by archet; Nov 23, 2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Aug 2012
583 Posts
Quote:

http://youtu.be/Ad3ifjPa43E

Does your frame have a top centre plate? I can't see it, and if it doesn't, your frame will flex too much. Sorry, can't see it in the pics.
Salocin is online now Find More Posts by Salocin
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:54 PM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by archet View Post
After having done all possible tests of the YS-X6 on my smaller GAUI 500X frame and everything went fine, I moved back the FC on the bigger S_Pro hexa and did the first try.
It was at night (and that was not a good choice) and I put the hexa on the grass (and this could have been worst). I first tried to start in manual mode pushing the throttle at only 40% to see if the motors were running smoothly but I didn't took off in this mode. Because I was confident that in GPS mode it would have worked fine I went in GPS mode and pushed the throttle a little bit over the middle point. The hexa tried to take off but suddenly It flipped over without not even going up one cm.
I don't know what happened, but I have broken three cf propellers and the shaft of one motor is now loose. I am very frustrated of this start after few months of preparation of the hexa in so many details.
It seems as if the front part of the landing skid were blocked by some grass root, but I am not sure because it was dark.
Actually the type of grass of our garden has roots that grows horizontally on the surface and it is possible that one or both of front part of the landing skid were trapped by these roots. I do not have any other explanation at the moment.
What could have be other possible reasons of such a flip over?
Thanks.
to me it sounds like you had a prop/motor runing backwards
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:17 PM
Joined May 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salocin View Post
Does your frame have a top centre plate? I can't see it, and if it doesn't, your frame will flex too much. Sorry, can't see it in the pics.
Yes, and props but i've unmounted for review connections and configuration.