HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:05 PM
Multirotoriste
France, IdF, Montesson
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
Hello
I have au big problem, I have modified by error the wifi setting on my ys-x6.
And now I have no connexion with ys-x6.
Can gou give me a solution for hard-reset the system wifi ys on usine setting.
Thanck for your help.
laverre is offline Find More Posts by laverre
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:16 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturARM View Post
hello Archet !!!
You no purpose to change DJI WKM to ZERO YS-X6, I changed it and until yet cann't fly stabil.
arturARM and Archet,

A lot of folks who switched to YS-X6 have/had owned a WKM. If you dont get good results, it is likely that you have not setup the machine properly. This forum is a very good place to share and troubleshoot. As in any other system, setup is the most critical step in getting a good performance out of our machine.

Archet, I suspect that your setup has either one of these problems but before you try the following suggestions, please update your YS to the latest firmware, same goes to the GCS software in your ipad/ android:
- ESC not calibrated properly, this is the most likely reason for the problem you're having. The one stroke calibration is a bit tricky to get it right so redo the calibration and make sure you hear the calibration confirmation tone from the ESC.
- Check the settings by click on "get" page. If you're using normal PWM ESC, which is the most common ESC out there, the reading in the "setting" page should say "normal ESC". Check other settings such as Sbus and magnetic declination etc. You can change the setting by going to manual 1 (channel 5 position 1) then click "init setup" in the GCS. Change the settings then press "send". Click on quit setting and confirm the change by clicking on "get".
- Check the readings on the GCS, see the velc values if the numbers get jumpy in huge increments or if it reads large numbers then the IMU suffers from interference. Make sure that you move sources of interference as further away from the IMU as possible.

Hope this helps.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:13 AM
France, Centre, Orleans
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
Hi Laverre,

See this post :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post23162349

Pascal
Lebobob is offline Find More Posts by Lebobob
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:05 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
291 Posts
Archet,

If you are in gps mode throttle shouldn't be linear. In gps mode takeoff and landing is kind of automatic, when you push throttle over 50% plane takes off. So if you test throttle on ground in gps or manual 2 mode without props, throttle might feel codusing. Make ground tests in manual 1 mode.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:23 AM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Marilao
Joined Jun 2008
557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebobob View Post
Laverre tried this one and managed to reset the my wifi

managed to pacify my 2 day rage LOL! anyway havent tried to connect it to the router yet ill see tomorrow...

thanks lebobob!
rukie is offline Find More Posts by rukie
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:58 PM
Mozambique, Maputo City, Maputo
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
@Kary and Fajar, I am using the latest firmware and GCS.
I have done ESC stroke calibration few other times to be sure (the ESC Type is Normal), I have changed Remote Control Mode from adaptive (?) to Normal.
The Xekf velx, Xekf vely an Xekf veld range is within -4 and +4, but usually read 0, 1 or 2.
Do you think I have first to test the system in manual mode with propellers? I feel sort of more confident to test in manual mode because I can feel the motors' control through the throttle.
When testing in GPS mode you say that over 50% the system takes off, but then what happens if the motors run immediately at maximum speed? How can I control its vertical speed in that condition? Why the motors/system should be confused in a ground test without propellers in GPS mode? It should be a normal test to do because of safety.
Thanks
archet is offline Find More Posts by archet
Last edited by archet; Nov 18, 2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:26 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by archet View Post
I have done ESC stroke calibration few other times to be sure (the ESC Type is Normal), I have changed Remote Control Mode from adaptive (?) to Normal.
The Xekf velx, Xekf vely an Xekf veld range is within -4 and +4, but usually read 0, 1 or 2.
Do you think I have first to test the system in manual mode with propellers? I feel sort of more confident to test in manual mode because I can feel the motors' control through the throttle.
When testing in GPS mode you say that over 50% the system takes off, but then what happens if the motors run immediately at maximum speed? How can I control its vertical speed in that condition? Why the motors/system should be confused in a ground test without propellers in GPS mode? It should be a normal test to do because of safety.
Thanks
Hi Archet

I found it difficult to take off and generally move around in GPS mode, so I always took off and landed in manual and even flew around in manual mode. But slowly I got used to the settings in GPS mode.

It sounds like your stroke calibration of the Throttle and ESC needs to be done again. Using the Android App, use the Installation Guide and skip the steps that are already done until you get to Throttle calibration.

Cheers
Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:33 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by archet View Post
Thanks
Yes i would try first in manual, but try first to find throttle level where your copter hovers. When you know approximately the point it will hover you should launch it quickly to air so it does not tip over. If you try in gps mode don't get confused motor speeds. When you push throttle over 50%, motors will spool up for take off, under 50% it will just freespool almost same speed no matter if throttle is at 10% or 40%. If you don't have props on and push throttle over half it just tries to increase power to take off so it goes to maximum. Of course ys thinks there is props on and tries to take off. When you have props on YS will detect the point where it takes off and it will take off automatically in correct speed, you don't need to worry it flying away at max speed

Hope this helps a little.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:19 AM
Joined May 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukie View Post
hi guys whats "wifi config software" described in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Mr-wstSz3as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
Please share Zero
Not listed in downloads
http://zerouav.net/kefu.aspx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
Check 8 posts up! There's no wifi config software.
So sorry guys, forgot to upload the " WIFI Config Software", but it has been uploaded now, please download it in the first page of this thread.
Zero UAV is offline Find More Posts by Zero UAV
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:28 AM
Joined May 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukie View Post
hi zerouav. how can I connect my android directly to the craft without the router..please make effort to clear you installation instructions, you product is priced high and least you can do is provide clear instruction. you are using a software in your video whats that?
Hi, you can observe the video now since the software has been uploaded.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:34 AM
Joined May 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vr360 View Post
So, please answer a question:
Solid red on external led module means? (in manual mode) sat lock or low voltage?
Thanks,
J
It's low voltage alert, need to land urgently. You'd better land craft when the red LED blinks fast, it starts to indicate low voltage.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:05 AM
Mozambique, Maputo City, Maputo
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
Yes i would try first in manual, but try first to find throttle level where your copter hovers. When you know approximately the point it will hover you should launch it quickly to air so it does not tip over. If you try in gps mode don't get confused motor speeds. When you push throttle over 50%, motors will spool up for take off, under 50% it will just freespool almost same speed no matter if throttle is at 10% or 40%. If you don't have props on and push throttle over half it just tries to increase power to take off so it goes to maximum. Of course ys thinks there is props on and tries to take off. When you have props on YS will detect the point where it takes off and it will take off automatically in correct speed, you don't need to worry it flying away at max speed

Hope this helps a little.
Because I was still afraid to break my new hexa frame S6-PRO and propellers during tests, I decided to move the YS-X6 system on a smaller GAUI 500X frame that I used to fly with DJI-M.
I changed settings accordingly and did first a successful manual test, being motors very responsive to throttle movements.
I then did a test in GPS mode and was extremely surprised by its perfect auto take off as soon as the throttle arrived at a little bit over 50%. I heard the motors immediately roaming at high speed and I was a little bit frightening, because I was used to a more gradual increment of speed using DJI-M feeling it under my control. Here actually you can feel that YS-X6 takes over the control doing a perfect auto take off. Even the landing was perfect as soon as I put the throttle below the middle position.
Here is the video I have done during the GPS mode test.
YS-X6 GPS auto take off and landing (1 min 11 sec)

Now the challenge will be to do it on the bigger S6-Pro with different motors, ESCs and propellers. Anyway I am now more confident it will be ok.
Thanks guys
archet is offline Find More Posts by archet
Last edited by archet; Nov 20, 2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:35 AM
Canada, AB, Red Deer
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Newbie question

I am new too the multirotor and anonymous flight systems so forgive me, as im about to ask a really stupid question...do you need cell sevice to use google maps to control the multirotor? If yes and your in an area without cell coverage can you use longitude and latitude coordinates to mark your way points?
partsdestroyer is offline Find More Posts by partsdestroyer
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:10 AM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
The PC GCS can cache your flight area so you do NOT need internet at the field.
Not sure what the status of the Android GCS on this point.
Mr_westie is online now Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:37 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Sep 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
The PC GCS can cache your flight area so you do NOT need internet at the field.
Not sure what the status of the Android GCS on this point.
I can say that in Blue stacks, I only linked to the web once, right after I installed blue stacks, and Ive gone to 2 different sites to try it, maps were there even after a reboot!
Cant say on a android phone, Im still waiting for a new one
hobiej is offline Find More Posts by hobiej