HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:54 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying squirrelk View Post
What camera,gimbal and gimbal controller did you use
Camera hacked GH2 with driftwoods cluster IV, Cinestar 2 axis gimbal and controller in these was YS-X6 compensation. Now i use radians.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:33 AM
France, Bretagne, Combrit
Joined Mar 2005
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlebret View Post
Update:

My Wifi modem is partially inoperative. I can get data but cannot send orders to XS-X6.

Direct serial link (USB) is OK. Serial Link + Data modem is also OK with the PC.

I'm looking for a spare Wifi modem from ZeroUAV and also in contact with the support team.

Some news:

Good one,

I received my new modem and Data link is now fine. I can access the parameters page and do the modifications.

Bad one,

I'm stuck with the magnetic calibration. I performed it several times and each one resulted in an horizontal red bar instead of two circles... Despite doing horizontal and vertical circles in my garden with the blue light (almost) steady...

If someone has a clue?

Thanks,

Marc
mlebret is offline Find More Posts by mlebret
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:56 AM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
386 Posts
Quote:
Some news:

Good one,

I received my new modem and Data link is now fine. I can access the parameters page and do the modifications.

Bad one,

I'm stuck with the magnetic calibration. I performed it several times and each one resulted in an horizontal red bar instead of two circles... Despite doing horizontal and vertical circles in my garden with the blue light (almost) steady...

If someone has a clue?

Thanks,

Marc
It can't be almost steady, it has to be completely steady for at least 2 complete turns
richkphoto is online now Find More Posts by richkphoto
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:47 AM
Joined Mar 2005
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkphoto View Post
It can't be almost steady, it has to be completely steady for at least 2 complete turns
Right turn or left turn, steady light, same result...
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:57 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
I would ignore the PGC GCS output.
I didn't even get any lines after my calibration.
Try bluestacks or an android device.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:43 AM
Joined Mar 2005
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
I would ignore the PGC GCS output.
I didn't even get any lines after my calibration.
Try bluestacks or an android device.
I have the same result with my Android tablet.

Marc
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:28 AM
Armenia, Yerevan
Joined Sep 2012
17 Posts
about data link you can use XBEE PRO 900 TELEMETRY KIT from this http://www.cuav.net/store/product.php?id_product=15 via 150$. why more 199$ from Zero.Thay use this module in case
ArturARM is offline Find More Posts by ArturARM
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:21 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,179 Posts
Jailbreaking software

Hi all,
I have Iphone with Redsnow 0.9.10,b6
Ipad with absinthe-win-2.0.4
Both with IOS 5

On both systems, I cannot have the Yshj folder.

For those who can get this folder, can you please tell us the Jailbreak software that you used ?

Cheers
Maximus
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:23 AM
France, Centre, Orleans
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
With the XbeePro datalink, do we still need the original wifi module or not?
Lebobob is offline Find More Posts by Lebobob
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:30 AM
France, Centre, Orleans
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
Could someone post configuration of work port setting of the wifi module (once reached by 192.168.1.254)?

Thanks in advance.
Lebobob is offline Find More Posts by Lebobob
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Mar 2005
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebobob View Post
Could someone post configuration of work port setting of the wifi module (once reached by 192.168.1.254)?

Thanks in advance.
Look this post:
Voir pièce jointe de ce post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=525
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:34 PM
MULTIROTOR FREAK
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Aug 2011
191 Posts
To Zero UAV support

My YS - X6 has a huge problem with altitude hold. I over shoots rapidly after 20 to 30 meter I and it does not respond to throttle in Altitude or position hold mode I have video to show what iam telling.

YS-X6 stone fall recovery (2 min 36 sec)

I have to switch to manual and bring it down from 140 meters. Luckily I my copter did not have even a starch. When i played back the HJ file i notice that altitude reading where worng so its a problem with brao on IMU

please help me regards
Hemanth

Update 1 : I have uploaded the HJ file, this the second flight I did after crash but i have same problem. I will upload then actual HJ file of flight in the video in next 6 hrs I have it my friends phone.
hemanthtguru is offline Find More Posts by hemanthtguru
Last edited by hemanthtguru; Nov 01, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:33 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthtguru View Post
To Zero UAV support

My YS - X6 has a huge problem with altitude hold. I over shoots rapidly after 20 to 30 meter I and it does not respond to throttle in Altitude or position hold mode I have video to show what iam telling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ETGM...&feature=g-upl

I have to switch to manual and bring it down from 140 meters. Luckily I my copter did not have even a starch. When i played back the HJ file i notice that altitude reading where worng so its a problem with brao on IMU

please help me regards
Hemanth

Update 1 : I have uploaded the HJ file, this the second flight I did after crash but i have same problem. I will upload then actual HJ file of flight in the video in next 6 hrs I have it my friends phone.
I have had a look at your file and I noticed your Shake level was sometimes greater than 40 and 90 percent of the time it is in Red which means that you are using a frame that is very unstable and the vibration is having an impact on the IMU. This is the problem when you use cheap frames. Even carbon fibre frames, if made badly, or use too thin material, exhibit the same response. It could also be loose nuts, bad bearings, bad motors and unbalanced props. Who knows, but there is something seriously wrong with your frame.

If you have a look at your vibrate state. It is supposed to be between 1-10. yours is showing an average of about 18 and peaking at 20 and showing FB which means it is Front and Back

I also noticed that your xekF Veld was sometimes greater than 100+which would cause a solid white light to shine. Now the manual says on page 46 of the latest Quick Start Guide - "The velocity after Kalman Filtering. Normal is when it displays a value between 0-20. When the velocity exceeds normal range, the LED will be solid white and suggest you land urgently." Which it seems you ignored.

I suggest that you re-look at your frame and maybe get a new one. Something less prone to vibrate. Maybe its your motors or your props. But check everything. The other suggestion is that if you are going to be doing some serious flying, do it in Manual mode.

I would like to see you frame, out of interest. The only time your lights on your GCS were showing green was when it was on the ground

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:33 PM
Joined Mar 2005
220 Posts
Quote:
Some news:

Good one,

Bad one,

If someone has a clue?

Thanks,

Marc

Done, at least...

The problem: Compass chip is under the GPS plate. My GPS Unit was sticked directly on the carbon frame of my bird, with the mag chip over a steel bold.

So it was like a Faraday cage and compass reference was bad.

I moved the GPS/Compass unit on the supplied mast and compass alignment is fine.

It may help someone,

Marc
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:59 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
well done Marc.

That is why the first thing I ask for is a picture of the system setup.
Simple mistakes can usually be resolved in 2 posts vs 10.

hemanthtguru , the video is not working for me.
That is some nasty shake, crash material for sure.

From manual
"Value below 20 is normal when the craft is static on ground."
Inflight it would depend on how fast you were flying?
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie