HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:42 AM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
477 Posts
Does that mean that I still would have to install the new firmware?
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:00 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
I flew my X8 loaded with the firmware that they uploaded in RCG on 22 October (though the file was dated 5 October). Waypoint seems to work well, same goes for gps mode.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:48 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
I flew my X8 loaded with the firmware that they uploaded in RCG on 22 October (though the file was dated 5 October). Waypoint seems to work well, same goes for gps mode.
Have you tested if the bug in rth and low satellite strength is still there? I guess it is as they didn't know about the bug in Zero yet when i talked with them today.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:02 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
Have you tested if the bug in rth and low satellite strength is still there? I guess it is as they didn't know about the bug in Zero yet when i talked with them today.
That particular "feature" is still there. But the test I did was performed on the ground. I dont want to risk crashing my droidworx cx.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:11 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
286 Posts
Quote:
That particular "feature" is still there. But the test I did was performed on the ground. I dont want to risk crashing my droidworx cx.
Me neither with cinestar, any volunteers?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:03 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
What will happen if you rth with 7sats and more and in the process off rth it lost sats below 5 wonder if it will also shut off the motors
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:01 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
They knew about it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post23038678

But guess they did not consider it important enough to fix.

Looking at their , YS-X6 Release Tracking notes2012-10-22
It is all feature additions.
No bug fixes. In any of the last 3 releases.

Latest change:-
* In Auto-waypoints flight mode, height, hovering time and flying speed of each waypoint can be independent
setup. (Need to use the newest GCS)
* Low voltage alert=Red light fast blinks
Low voltage alert urgently=Red light keeps going on.
* When there is no ground station, can enter into Target Lock mode and Care Free function by CH6 switch.

Simple economics, there are not enough people crashing from the bugs to impact their bottom line.
Or affect sales.
No need to fix.
Not the most consumer friendly approach if you happen to be the person doing the crashing.

The navigation should be easy enough to test on the ground.
Props off, or even motors connected.
Arm and simulate lift off by lifting the craft.
Switch to nav and walk the craft in the correct direction.
Cover the gps with a metal plate.
See what happens in the GCS.

I would do this test but my FC is still away getting repaired.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:05 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
They knew about it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post23038678

But guess they did not consider it important enough to fix.

Looking at their , YS-X6 Release Tracking notes2012-10-22
It is all feature additions.
No bug fixes. In any of the last 3 releases.

Latest change:-
* In Auto-waypoints flight mode, height, hovering time and flying speed of each waypoint can be independent
* Low voltage alert=Red light fast blinks
Low voltage alert urgently=Red light keeps going on.
* When there is no ground station, can enter into Target Lock mode and Care Free function by CH6 switch.

Simple economics, there are not enough people crashing from the bugs to impact their bottom line.
Or affect sales.
No need to fix.
Not the most consumer friendly approach if you happen to be the person doing the crashing.

The navigation should be easy enough to test on the ground.
Props off, or even motors connected.
Arm and simulate lift off by lifting the craft.
Switch to nav and walk the craft in the correct direction.
Cover the gps with a metal plate.
See what happens in the GCS.

I would do this test but my FC is still away getting repaired.
Actually they suggested to use parachute And i'm not kidding.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:28 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Right, so when you need the system to work, emergency RTH it fails and you have to rely on something else.
Sounds like unlisted iOS Jailbreak feature.
If it does not work as advertised don't bother listing it.

If it didn't work so well when it does I would have droped this system by now.
The open source systems are catching up fast.

Re reading this line

It sounds like they have changed the GCS protocol.
They should just go with MAV Link and call it a day
I can dream.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:19 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
I don't think this is a valid test as the system senses that it is on the ground and automatically turns the motors off. From what I remember this was discussed somewhere early in May this year.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:36 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
I have feedback from someone I know, who has been using the latest FW and the laptop GCS connected directly to the Data Link and he is extremely happy with the system. Now he is an extremely competent pilot and has used numerous other expensive systems and he tells me that this is the best ever. I know other users who are also over the moon with the system. Have you noticed their absence from this forum.

I personally have a small problem with the latest GCS for my Android and also the GCS not talking to the wifi system, however, I am sure that this will be fixed soon. I have told them about it.

@Mr Westie. Please could you summarise the bugs, as you said you would, just as a recap, and have you sent them to Zero UAV yet.

Rob
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:41 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Right, so when you need the system to work, emergency RTH it fails and you have to rely on something else.
This is all conjecture based on someone saying what he heard someone say. Has this happened to anyone yet?

Quote:
If it didn't work so well when it does I would have droped this system by now.
The open source systems are catching up fast.
They may be catching up fast, and their documentation is the best, but, I doubt of they will ever get there....because they have been talking about this for years now....saying it is just around the corner.

Quote:
setup. .
This works extremely well.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:45 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
I don't think this is a valid test as the system senses that it is on the ground and automatically turns the motors off. From what I remember this was discussed somewhere early in May this year.
It may not be a valid test but zero's tech people has confirmed about the issue or rather the feature. A simple auto land feature would be a better solution. Having said that, I've never had a problem with RTH so yeah this may all be hypothetical but IMO auto land would be a better solution.
Last edited by fajar; Oct 25, 2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:00 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
@Mr Westie. Please could you summarise the bugs, as you said you would, just as a recap, and have you sent them to Zero UAV yet.

Rob
First posts of that thread updated.
Sent email to support asking them to visit and comment.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:16 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,005 Posts
Quote:
I have feedback from someone I know, who has been using the latest FW and the laptop GCS connected directly to the Data Link and he is extremely happy with the system. Now he is an extremely competent pilot and has used numerous other expensive systems and he tells me that this is the best ever. I know other users who are also over the moon with the system. Have you noticed their absence from this forum.

I personally have a small problem with the latest GCS for my Android and also the GCS not talking to the wifi system, however, I am sure that this will be fixed soon. I have told them about it.

Rob
I've been absent from this forum for a while but its not because I'm over the moon about my YS-X6, rather the opposite mine is safely tucked away in the box it came in over next to the workbench. After it flipped my Cinestar 6 on takeoff a while back, damaging the Photohigher AV130 in the process I retired mine until I can be assured that it's going to work at least as good as the Wookong-M it was to replace. From what I'm reading about some of these bugs people are finding it looks like that box is going to have a thick layer of dust on it before the controller sees daylight again, that is if I don't sell it first.

The Cinestar is back to flying with the Wookong-M that was on it from day 1 and the Droidworx AD6 that I was thinking of putting the YS on has gone back to Mk electronics, both hex are flying solid and reliably and that's OK with me.
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder