HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:47 AM
France, Bretagne, Combrit
Joined Mar 2005
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoang99992003 View Post
Hi mlebret

in GCS 2012.10.22 everything is ok. can you test it.
Got also the 2012.10.23 from ZeroUAV site, but no success with my Android 4.12 Nexus 7 tablet.

One part is working fine (data) but I cannot get parameters from the board.

Quick Start guide on the first forum page is up to date.
mlebret is online now Find More Posts by mlebret
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:02 PM
Italy, Apulia, FG
Joined Dec 2011
157 Posts
Hello Some of you can tell me if I have to connect the battery when updating the firmwere of FC
koleos is offline Find More Posts by koleos
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:04 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by david.scarbrow View Post
Do you have a seperate power supply for your ESCs than you have for your FC ?
Yes.. Have done this for a while now.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:39 PM
RC Aircraft Noob Since 01-2012
Philippines, Davao Region, Davao City
Joined Dec 2011
87 Posts
Hi All, appreciate if anyone can explain in detail the difference between control type 1 & 2 in SETTINGS menu. Thanks!

Excerpt from Manual I could not quite understand:
Control Method
Default completing box2{1.aitittude mode(fit to adjust parameters,dynamic
flight),2,acceleration mode(fit to static flight)}
magetpr is offline Find More Posts by magetpr
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:27 AM
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
Hello,

Ok I upgraded my GCS on my iPad (cant do it to the iphone because I updated it to iOS6 and there are no jailbreaks available unfortunately)

Set some way points and discovered purely by accident that if I tap on teh touch screen rapidly over and over, over the way point you wish to edit and eventually it will launch the "Waypoint Tool" window.

Now, does anyone know how to set these new functions?

1. Hovering time: if I enter 30 does it = 30 seconds?

2. Hovering Flag: what does this mean and do?

3. Snapshot: There are several choices here for example:

Disable snapshot
Enable snapshot
Interval snapshot 1
Interval snapshot 2
Take snapshot/sec
Keep Previous State

Thanks in advance!
Lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
I have mentioned this before, but I will mention it again. Go to my website and download my Tips document. http://multirotor.co.za/?page_id=964 I have sold a lot of these systems and not one person I have sold it to has had problems setting it up. I suggest that you use the android GCS to set it up. It is best if you use the "Install Guide" on the Android GCS as this takes you step by step through the procedure.

We haven't seen pics of your setup yet. Just 2 things: Do not use the sponge under the IMU and do not locate the IMU under the Main Controller.

Cheers
Rob

Edit:

Below are the steps out of the Install Guide:

Start Install

Check Data is connected. If connected click next

Step 1 : Please press the button "Channel Alignment" and confirm it, and then push/pull all pole positions of the RC Tx to the maximum and minimum of the leftmost/rightmost within 5 seconds. After 5 seconds the AP will finish the auto collection. Please confirm whether the manual operation and real RC operation displayed in "Data Interface" keep coincidency when moving any operating level. Only go to the next step after confirming that they are coincident.

Step 2: Check CH5/CH6 and set FS

Please carefully confirm whether the CH5/CH6 channel is correct: check whether the flight status bar on the GCS interface is switched to "Manual" "Circle Position" "Auto waypoint circling" and "back Landing" when moving CH5/CH6.
Set the FS of RC Tx as CH5=position 3, Channel 6: position 3, Thr is near the middle position and check whther the flight status is "Back Landing" by powering off the RC Tx.

Step 3: ESC stroke calibration

Please get into the settings first (Flight status displays "Settings", break the pole as V shaped to open throttle insurance and push the THR pole position to the maximum within 5 seconds, power on the ESC after completing above operation. Pull the throttle pole back to minimum after a prompt sound from the ESC. After completing the ESC stroke calibration please exit the settings, and get into next step.

Step 4: Set craft styles and parameters

Please read the user manual carefully, fill in correct parameters and recheck it. Push the throttle after breaking the pole and check whether the mixing control method is correct after starting the motors

Step 5: Check the installing directions of the IMU/GPS

Step 6: Complete magnetic calibration in outdoor space
ovnilab is offline Find More Posts by ovnilab
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:13 AM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koleos View Post
Hello Some of you can tell me if I have to connect the battery when updating the firmwere of FC
Yes.
No power is supplied via the serial cable.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:23 AM
France, Bretagne, Combrit
Joined Mar 2005
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlebret View Post
Got also the 2012.10.23 from ZeroUAV site, but no success with my Android 4.12 Nexus 7 tablet.

One part is working fine (data) but I cannot get parameters from the board.

Quick Start guide on the first forum page is up to date.
Update:

My Wifi modem is partially inoperative. I can get data but cannot send orders to XS-X6.

Direct serial link (USB) is OK. Serial Link + Data modem is also OK with the PC.

I'm looking for a spare Wifi modem from ZeroUAV and also in contact with the support team.
mlebret is online now Find More Posts by mlebret
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:39 PM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
469 Posts
I'm having a similar problem, upgraded the fc and tablet and I'm not getting any data on the tablet from the fc. Tablet is logged on the WIFI transmitter says it's locked (solid blue light), but my tablet is not sending or receiving data and it worked fine before the upgrade. Do I have to rerun the whole init setup again?
richkphoto is online now Find More Posts by richkphoto
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:43 PM
RC Aircraft Noob Since 01-2012
Philippines, Davao Region, Davao City
Joined Dec 2011
87 Posts
Fine tuning yaw

Greetings YS-X6 brothers!

I am almost done with my setup and would like to proceed to outdoor flight tests, however I noticed that M2 & M4 motors are warmer than M1, M3 by almost 10 C

I observed REAL SERVO numbers and noted that at hover (manual mode thr=65)

RUDDER= L9

that means my model is wanting to yaw right and so AP is giving L9 input to balance the craft - this means motors on these arms work harder=higher heat.

Any advice on how to FINE TUNE YAW so I can make motors work more or less equally?
magetpr is offline Find More Posts by magetpr
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:14 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Is the YAW stick centered?
If you are not making it YAW, you may need to do radio calibration again.

Otherwise your frame may need thrust adjustment.
Motors might be tilted sightly?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:29 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlebret View Post
Update:

My Wifi modem is partially inoperative. I can get data but cannot send orders to XS-X6.

Direct serial link (USB) is OK. Serial Link + Data modem is also OK with the PC.

I'm looking for a spare Wifi modem from ZeroUAV and also in contact with the support team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkphoto View Post
I'm having a similar problem, upgraded the fc and tablet and I'm not getting any data on the tablet from the fc. Tablet is logged on the WIFI transmitter says it's locked (solid blue light), but my tablet is not sending or receiving data and it worked fine before the upgrade. Do I have to rerun the whole init setup again?
A few of us are having a similar problem.I suggest that you reinstall the previous version until they have fixed it. You should not have to rerun the init setup again. But not everyone.
Last edited by robone; Oct 25, 2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:15 AM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
469 Posts
Thanx Rob. For us the problem is more complex as this file also had the upgrade to 16 waypoints
richkphoto is online now Find More Posts by richkphoto
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:51 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
I wonder if they changed the GCS protocol but haven't upgraded the GCS yet.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:36 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
286 Posts
Here's latest "quick start quide".
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:25 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkphoto View Post
Thanx Rob. For us the problem is more complex as this file also had the upgrade to 16 waypoints
Hi Rick.

The waypoint upgrade is permanently loaded into your system and therefore any new FW has no impact on it.

I just checked again with ZeroUAV and this is what they say "It is permanently installed once loaded, and the upgrade has no relationship with new firmware."

Rob