Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:40 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc View Post
only 40m high...but fully loaded with 5DMKIII
Problem was coming from absoutely new Kypom batteries whose one cell on 4 was diing during flight and put the FC on auto-crash...
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:14 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squamish_chief View Post
I am using the SBUS system - trying to get the ext3/3 port on the ys-x6 to use for a camera trigger. Have a s-led/optical trigger cord plugged in to the ext3 port, and tried assigning a 3 way switch to operate the trigger, but when I do its shifting the roll axis on my gimbal.. ( No idea why since the roll is plugged into a completely different channel and switch) Anyone have any ideas? Everything works perfectly otherwise with the av200 gimbal for auto horizon/tilt..

also - I am using the Futaba R6203SB RX - sbus to ys-x6 .. can one of the 3 extra channels be used for a trigger outside of sbus/ ys-x6 controller itself with the Super T8FG tx?
I think I know how you have it connected, a picture would eliminate any confusion and we can give accurate advice.
Rather than exchange 10 post before getting it right.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
I was hard to get going!

I agree, the thing was a beast to get going. The manual is in desperate NEED of updating, there are critical points completely missing that you pretty much have to discover on your own.

It would only take a small bit of focus and perhaps a week to tweak/re-write the entire manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyTBK View Post
Im Australian as well but I live in Asia. You are very wrong mate. They promote this as an out of box plug in and ready to go system. Not a DIY or opensource project. With the way-points etc it expense kit so we should not have to be drawling for days on this forum to get it to work. I have 4 other multirotor copters with openpilot and APM and these are much easier to setup. I bought this system for mate who is not to technical and thought it would be easier for him to manage. But it is actual worse. Dont give me that we are on the cutting edge excuses because writing out a decent user manual is not cutting edge. Its a MINIMUM requirement at least for a high cost item. Just go back over this forum and look at the many difficulties people have to get it to work. Its not easy at all.
ovnilab is offline Find More Posts by ovnilab
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
OSD from Zero like DJI's sweet looking one anytime soon?

Anyone know if ZERO plans a killer OSD similar to DJI's for our YS-X6?

DJI's looks fantastic!

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/dji-iosd-f...tem-p-700.html
ovnilab is offline Find More Posts by ovnilab
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:40 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Can be done with Ardupilot mission planner.
And some hackery
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:33 PM
Joined Jan 2012
50 Posts
Sorry cant post a shot right now. But.. to explain further. My RX only has 4 outputs. 1,2,3, and sbus. Currently I only use SBUS to the YS-X6.
On the back on the YS X6, I have all ports filled with 8 esc/motor wires, and ext1, ext2 for the roll/tilt of the camera gimbal. The ONLY port left without a wire is EXT3 ( in the user manual is labeled as "camera".

I purchased a S-Led optical trigger cable from RC Shutters - Plugged it into the ext3 port and tried to assign a 3 way switch on my super8FG to control the trigger led.. BUt when I throw the switch my gimbal twitches on the roll axis with the switch- and camera isnt firing from the led obviously.

rc shutter wire --> http://www.rcshutter.com/index.php?r...&product_id=50

I'll try to get images, but either way if anyone has any advice I will take it- using the ext3 port or one of the 3 regular outputs on my Futaba RX other than the sbus..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
I think I know how you have it connected, a picture would eliminate any confusion and we can give accurate advice.
Rather than exchange 10 post before getting it right.
squamish_chief is offline Find More Posts by squamish_chief
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:48 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
New Firmware can be found here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...33&postcount=1
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:00 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Thanks,

Did you got any info from Zero what's changed?

Kari
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:11 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
Thanks,

Did you got any info from Zero what's changed?

Kari
Only this that is in the Release notes.

Date: October 22th, 2012
YS-X6 Firmware version: 2012-10-22
YS-X6 Software version (GCS)
(1) Android : 2012-10-22
(2) Iphone/Ipad: 2012-10-22
(3) PC: 2012-08-15
User Manual version: 2012-10-22
What is new?
* In Auto-waypoints flight mode, height, hovering time and flying speed of each waypoint can be independently
setup. (Need to use the newest GCS)
* Low voltage alert=Red light fast blinks
* Low voltage alert urgently=Red light keeps going on.
* When there is no ground station, can enter into Target Lock mode and Care Free function by CH6 switch.

Using the PC GCS 21020815 you could make the changes to the waypoints that they are now making available in the Tablet GCS, but it was not operational, so now they must have upgraded the FW to allow for that.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:22 AM
Italy, Apulia, FG
Joined Dec 2011
157 Posts
Quote:
Hello Robone ok thanks but you asked what is the new Zero UAV FirmWere?
koleos is offline Find More Posts by koleos
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:06 PM
MULTIROTOR FREAK
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Aug 2011
195 Posts
hi, I noticed to new bottons in the Android GCS Widen and Truncate what do they do ?
hemanthtguru is online now Find More Posts by hemanthtguru
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:48 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
291 Posts
Quote:
Only this that is in the Release notes.

* When there is no ground station, can enter into Target Lock mode and Care Free function by CH6 switch.[/COLOR][/I]
This one is good improvement, but i'm not sure do i understand right,

GCS connected > ch6 is like it was before AH/Waypoint/RTH but if GCS is not connected YS takes command as AH/Target lock/Carefree. So RTH is only working if GCS is connected? I don't understand why they did not use ch7/8/9/10 for that so rth could still work from own button.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
This one is good improvement, but i'm not sure do i understand right,

GCS connected > ch6 is like it was before AH/Waypoint/RTH but if GCS is not connected YS takes command as AH/Target lock/Carefree. So RTH is only working if GCS is connected? I don't understand why they did not use ch7/8/9/10 for that so rth could still work from own button.
I haven't read the manual so I cannot comment . I have a few ideas as to why they may be doing that and it is all linked to managing how many satellites are locked in when switching on RTH when using the Tx.

Rob
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:59 PM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
532 Posts
Where is the new manual?
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:09 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
I dont understand if my pc is not connected so then i cant use RTH by switch the 3pos sw to RTH?....
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553