holco is offline Find More Posts by holco
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:31 AM
Italy, Apulia, FG
Joined Dec 2011
157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
From zerouav direct need to send all your curent electronics back to them for them to make some changes then they send it back. They told me so
Hello Andre, sorry I did not understand the quote ZeroUav firmwere for the FPGA, we have to send back to them all the electronics for this type of upgrade? Then explain to me what is FPGA. thanks
Koleos
koleos is offline Find More Posts by koleos
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:22 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
I really dont know i spoke to them on skype and they told me if i want the extra imu i need to send them my electronics then they do something my be on the hardware i dont know , for it to be able to work with the extra imu.

But i think before they will do such things they only sell the complete frame with electronics as a package to promote the frame.
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:31 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Andre is correct.
You send back your electronics.
Pay extra, the difference between the YS-X6 and ZERO-Steadi470.
About us$1k
They send you back a complete ZERO-Steadi470 system.

http://www.dragonrc.com.au/ZeroUAV-S.../zuav-s470.htm
http://www.dragonrc.com.au/ZeroUAV-Y...zuav-ysx6b.htm

With that preorder special I would argue for a lower price difference.

They will not sell just the extra IMU on it's own.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:26 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Mar 2012
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc View Post
Hi all,
Testing my last octo with my client
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8uyJoJZrpg
Off topic question: XS-Y6, how well does it work with a larger size multirotors? I see you run a coaxial Octo. I have a Mikrokopter Octo XL. Looking for some feedback on how flight characteristics are with larger frames and much heavier lift capabilities? Much appreciated.
red1one is offline Find More Posts by red1one
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:11 PM
Joined Sep 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red1one View Post
Off topic question: XS-Y6, how well does it work with a larger size multirotors? I see you run a coaxial Octo. I have a Mikrokopter Octo XL. Looking for some feedback on how flight characteristics are with larger frames and much heavier lift capabilities? Much appreciated.
WE use it on a 950mm hex and here is a videoof it in very windy conditions. We are filming astructure so we are moving it not the wind
Windy Day (1 min 45 sec)

PS Youtube stabilized the video, but it didn't need much
flying squirrelk is offline Find More Posts by flying squirrelk
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:29 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Perfect with larger frames !!!
HEXA XL YS X6 MAXICOPTER (0 min 31 sec)
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Mar 2012
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying squirrelk View Post
WE use it on a 950mm hex and here is a videoof it in very windy conditions. We are filming astructure so we are moving it not the wind
http://youtu.be/OwBknRiPZpE
PS Youtube stabilized the video, but it didn't need much
Good old YouTube! Love the moving time stamp. Looks like some oscillations in movement even though in windy conditions. Probably can be adjusted in gains a bit. Not sure how much wind, but thanks for the feedback. Good luck.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Im will start my 1200mm motor to motor hexa vulcan multirotor frame in this week.
Hope it will surf me well!
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Mar 2012
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
Im will start my 1200mm motor to motor hexa vulcan multirotor frame in this week.
Hope it will surf me well!
That's what I'm looking at too except a Y6. And I'd like to stick an AG700 gimbal on it with an HFG controller and the YS-X6 electronics. Keep us abreast of your build. I really like the simplicity but beefiness of the vulcan look.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined Sep 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Good old YouTube! Love the moving time stamp. Looks like some oscillations in movement even though in windy conditions. Probably can be adjusted in gains a bit. Not sure how much wind, but thanks for the feedback. Good luck.
Here's one Youtube didn't stab.
Windy Day 2 (1 min 45 sec)
flying squirrelk is offline Find More Posts by flying squirrelk
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:41 PM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
504 Posts
If I am have a slight oscillation issue on a big hex what values should I try and change first and by how much?
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:27 AM
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Quote:
That's what I'm looking at too except a Y6. And I'd like to stick an AG700 gimbal on it with an HFG controller and the YS-X6 electronics. Keep us abreast of your build. I really like the simplicity but beefiness of the vulcan look.

What i like about the vulcan multirotorframes is that you can change the config like you can build from a quad up to a octa with the same centre plate.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:01 AM
Ukraine
Joined Dec 2008
26 Posts
My conversation with Zero UAV about upgrade YS-X6 for stedi gimbal.

Quote:
Hello,
I would like upgrade my SY-X6 system for steady gimbal, I use mini650 frame.
I guess I will need one extra IMU and gimbal firmware?
What cost of the upgrade?
Quote:
I'm the sale of Zero UAV, thank you for paying attention to YS-X6 and Zero Steadi470.

As Steadi470 is an entire system and a ready to fly solution, so we sell it as a package and can't be single. For you old customers who has purchased YS-X6, you can just send back your MC and IMU, so we can upgrade it to the Steadi version, and we package it as an entire system, what you will receive is as below:

Send back IMU&MC and reset up entire system:
1 Airframe×1
2 Camera Gimbal×1
3 Motor×4
4 ECS×4
5 Propeller×4
6 Servo×27 Flight
7 Steadi470IMU

The upgraded MC and IMU can also be used as common flight controller.
The cost is USD1105.
Quote:
Thank you for you quick response Cherry.

I really don't need your ECILOP airframe with motors and etc. I already have it. All I want another IMU and new firmware for stedi gimbal.
That's not fair to offer your customers a complete system only for double more money.

You ask for upgrade $1105 ???
The complete stedi470 system cost $ 1,746.00 only.

I spent on YS-X6 $1,033.00
if I add $1105 for upgrade, I will get the stedi470 for $2,138.00 ????

If you want offer a complete systems to your old customers, you should offer upgrade for $750 or even less.

Sincerely,
Artem Arestov
I this case, I would better sale my YS-X6 system and buy a complete upgraded stedi470 copter ((
ukrsonic is offline Find More Posts by ukrsonic
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:49 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Solar Storms

Recently there have been a few unexplained things happening with various systems (YS-X6, DJI and others), when in GPS position hold mode, which has resulted in a number of crashes.

MK have a web page dedicated to this subject http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/SunStorm and here is a small extract.

"The Kopter cannot hold i.e. with the function PositionHold the exact position or fly to a different point with the function ComingHome or execute different other GPS-based function without any error.

To see the GPS behavior during a solar storm the Kopter was placed in an open meadow and been not moved.
The received satellite data showed now no precise position. By the incorrectly transmitted data through the satellite the GPS on the Kopter thought, that the Kopter moves.
And that with ~10m/s in a radius of ~64mtr!"

So, my advice is to keep and eye on this http://www.n3kl.org/sun/images/noaa_kp_3d.gif? and when it is green, it should be safe to fly.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone