HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:45 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w2hef View Post
There's no one here in Buffalo that knows anything about these quads... just basic RC stores that are amazed when i come in with one.

However, I was able to take my older Futaba PCM1024 T8UAF with channel 58 modules and hook it up. No problem... Instant channel alignment.

now working on vertical and horz and final steps.
That is great news. A least you are now in the starting blocks. It is not nice when you sometimes can't get past go.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Last edited by robone; Sep 02, 2012 at 09:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
My quad is very stable but i paying the price in weight 2.8kg with gimbal and gopro.

The results are i only get about 4min flight time on a nanotech 3s 4000mah bat

I want to build a hex or a octo to be able to lift the weight much more savely and i will swich over to 4s batt
Hi Andre...that flight time is not good. Have a look at the Vulcan Frame.

The Vulcan Octo 900 is 1153g and the Vulcan Hexa 900 is 957g. I can run a few calcs on eCalc for you to see your flight time.

Are you going to be looking at the RC Tiger MT2814-11 motors? Going for 4S will make a big difference.

Rob
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:09 AM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
My quad is very stable but i paying the price in weight 2.8kg with gimbal and gopro.

The results are i only get about 4min flight time on a nanotech 3s 4000mah bat

I want to build a hex or a octo to be able to lift the weight much more savely and i will swich over to 4s batt
This would give you the lift you need. It's my ZeroUAV rig, which I haven't flown yet do to various small problems like weather. It has two 6S 8000mAh batteries (1250g each) that together weight almost as much as your entire quad. No gimbal yet, but that is in the works.

I hope everyone will wish me good luck. I'm a little nervous as it probably weighs more than twice my next heaviest craft. And 800mm wheelbase seems sooo much bigger than 600mm.

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Old Sep 02, 2012, 12:35 PM
All who wander are not lost
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
OK... i got the horizontal and vertical alignments done this morning...motors just armed... i'm getting close!
w2hef is offline Find More Posts by w2hef
Old Sep 02, 2012, 03:01 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
rampa202,
That's one beast
Maiden over long grass.
Very long grass

w2hef,
Welcome to the party
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Sep 02, 2012, 03:05 PM
All who wander are not lost
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Thanks Mr_westie... i had my doubts... but it all was do to spektrum... i'm lucky i had that older futaba FM PCM radio....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
rampa202,
That's one beast
Maiden over long grass.
Very long grass

w2hef,
Welcome to the party
w2hef is offline Find More Posts by w2hef
Old Sep 02, 2012, 03:22 PM
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampa202 View Post
The Google Nexus 7 doesn't have any kind of built-in 3 or 4G capability, so no phone plan is needed. You can use it right out of the box, just like a laptop computer.

Russ
Thanks Russ,

I actually got the GCS working on my iphone and ipad! Couple a buggy things going on with it, but I wont blame the software just yet. I will spend more time with this before I know for sure.
ovnilab is offline Find More Posts by ovnilab
Old Sep 02, 2012, 04:37 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
in the wind
ZeroUAV YSX6 (3 min 35 sec)
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:04 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Hi Andre...that flight time is not good. Have a look at the Vulcan Frame.

The Vulcan Octo 900 is 1153g and the Vulcan Hexa 900 is 957g. I can run a few calcs on eCalc for you to see your flight time.

Are you going to be looking at the RC Tiger MT2814-11 motors? Going for 4S will make a big difference.

Rob
Rob still using the avroto motors only nice thing about the tmotors is the long wires. I must add i left some power left , after my flight i still has 3,8 volts / cell left.
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
YS-X6 & DX8 Preset Failsafe setup problem...

Hello all,

Ok here is my set up issue. I am trying to set up a failsafe so if my YS loses contact with my TX it will initiate the Preset Failsafe configuration.

YS manual recommends the "Back Landing" configuration which is Chan 5, pos 3 "auto hove" and Chan 6 pos 3 will initiate the "Back Landing" Flight mode.

In the DX8 manual pg 12, it says for Preset Failsafe you need to
1. Put bind plug into the bind/data port of the receiver, and see blinking light.
2. Remove the plug before binding to the TX.
3. Move transmitters control sticks and switches to desired position then turn it on in "bind mode".
4. It should bind in 15 seconds.

Here is my problem, when I turn on the DX8 in "bind mode" (which to me means holding down the trainer button when flipping the TX power button) with the sticks and switches configured for the "Back Landing" which is what I explained earlier, PLUS throttle at 45-50% (as recommended by ZEROUAV manual) the DX8 gives me the warnings that the throttle is too high, Flaps are down etc and doesn't bind.

Am I missing something here?

Can anyone offer an assist?

I will NOT test this thing until my failsafe is set up correctly.

Thank you!
Lo
ovnilab is offline Find More Posts by ovnilab
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:11 PM
ZeroUAV
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
it is a cool video

Quote:
hi , my friend .
it is a cool video , i like it . thank you for share to us .
ise2012 is offline Find More Posts by ise2012
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:52 AM
Joined Aug 2012
598 Posts
My little YS-X6 fatty is 5kg's. Twin 4s 5000mah give me just about 10 mins with 1150's.
Salocin is offline Find More Posts by Salocin
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:22 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
LOL ... the YS-X6 and the motors are fighting you to get back
Old Sep 03, 2012, 07:39 AM
Joined Aug 2012
128 Posts
hello,
Is anyone else having problems using the pc ground station? I've recently put my YS together. I had no problems connecting using the wifi link. But now i'm trying to do the compass calibration and the channel align.
The manual always referers to the iphone/android ground station and on the pc ground station the steps don't always line up! there are buttons on the phone apps that aren't in the pc setup.
In mag calibration i can get it to make circles but it's totally by luck, the best i got is to doted circles to lign up. I think it's to do with the sequence you do things! Has anyone else suceeded here?
When i do channel align, i can only ever get one channel to align properly. i'm using a 9x with frsky modules.
Anyhelp would be much appreciated, idont have a tablet or smart phone so the pc ground station is my only hope!
Thanks Tristan
whizz101 is offline Find More Posts by whizz101
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:01 AM
Joined Aug 2012
128 Posts
Ok i did the channel align- It seems it's about speed. Manuall says you got 5 seconds...i reckon it's less. After pushing "Yes" on channel align, i did all the extremes of my sticks very quickerly . And it's now perfectly aligned. I don't want to risk checking my theroy as it's now done!
now mag calibration....
whizz101 is offline Find More Posts by whizz101