HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:18 PM
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
Why do we need the mywi app?

Hello,

Why do we need that mywi app?

I have a router and my iPhone see it fine.

My trouble is, the x6 icon shows on my iPhone 3 and iPad 2 but when I click on the icon to launch the gcs, the iPhone/iPad screen blinks black for one second as if it's going to launch, but never does and just returns to regular screen.

Any advice on getting it going?

Thanks,
Lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
you can get your iphone to communicate to the ysx6 without a router.

1ste you need to jailbreak iphone using http://greenpois0n.com/--very easy take about 10min
2de once that is done you will find a program on your iphone calling cydia
3de need to download a program MYWI and pay 24$
4th you need to to download a program WINSCP and get the iphone to communicate to the program(check manual)
5th you need to download the Iphone software www.multirotors.co.za and drag that app into the application folder off the iphone.
6 you need to setup the ip address in the mywi app to 196.168.1.1

thats it

But its best to get a Router i dont have one yet and was to eager to get it airborne
ovnilab is offline Find More Posts by ovnilab
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
iPhone set up

Hi Rob,

Thank you! I got the wireless router thing going fine.

As for that iphone3/ipad2 no such luck but would love to get these going! Got the gcs on both devices but when clicking the x6 icon to launch the iPhone/iPad screens go black for 1 second, then return to regular screen and no app launch.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
I am willing to try and help you, but I don't want your
money. You say you are at your last step to getting everything working, and that is to set up the router. That is normally the first step. To get the communication going between your Tablet - Router - YS-X6.

So, why don't you start and tell us what you have done so far. By the way, where did you buy your system, as the dealer should be giving you some input.

Anyway, tell us what you have done. Take pics. Take pics of your router.

Have a look at my website http://multirotor.co.za/?page_id=964 and there is a detailed set up procedure. Read the manual. It is quite good.

Anyway, did you sort out the setup on your iphone?

Rob
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:14 PM
All who wander are not lost
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
w2hef, pm me your skype

got to wait for battery charging tomorrow what's a good time EST eastern standard time for me? any time you want...
w2hef is offline Find More Posts by w2hef
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:40 PM
All who wander are not lost
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
I bought my system from UAV... AUS.... and they have responded to help.. i must be the only guy that's having problems... dam.
w2hef is offline Find More Posts by w2hef
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:21 PM
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
Getting DX8 to work with YS-X6???

Ok the set up nightmare continues with the YS-X6.

Now I have finally gotten to the radios.

I have done everything I know by he X6 manual and set up my brand new DX8 (I am a total newbie) and no matter what I do, I cannot get the motors to start!

I get them to start at about 3 am, but when I did strangely on my DX8 the ailerons were now the throttle and the throttle became the aileron control.

So, I reset that airplane configuration in the DX 8 and low and behold, no more motor start up. At least I enjoyed 5 minutes of spinning motors! LOL.

Anyway, is there anyone out there that can help and total newbie on at least getting the motors started?

I have to admit, the WooKong looking better all the time as I don't have 5 days to set something like this up!

The YS-X6 may have more features but DJI beats the pants off ZERO in terms of ease of set up etc.

If not for the hand holding that I have gotten from the dealer I think I would bail on this YS-X6 and roll with the WooKong and revisit ZERO when they polish their set up procedures.

Anyways, not trying to bash ZERO, but for the regular consumer, the set up has been a complete nightmare!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

+++++ UPDATE!! 09-01-12 +++++++

LOL. The good folks over at GotHeliRC.com helped me get clear on all aspects of the YS-X6 configuration and I'm diggin' it now for sure! Can't wait for my maiden flight tomorrow! YES!

Thanks,
Lo
Last edited by ovnilab; Sep 01, 2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:51 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnilab View Post
Hello,

Why do we need that mywi app?

I have a router and my iPhone see it fine.

My trouble is, the x6 icon shows on my iPhone 3 and iPad 2 but when I click on the icon to launch the gcs, the iPhone/iPad screen blinks black for one second as if it's going to launch, but never does and just returns to regular screen.

Any advice on getting it going?

Thanks,
Lo
You only need the mywi app if you dont have a router because you need to create a wifi hotspot on your phone for the ysx6 wifi to connect to.

If you use a router your phone connect to the router wifi so mywi app is not needed anymore.

The best way is the router route.
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:53 PM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
I am a regular consumer and the YS-X6 and DX8 setup only took 5 minutes. You just need to read the manual.

Good luck in flying with wkm and the defective firmwares. I would not go near Wkm with firmware 5.02 and above.
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:14 AM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w2hef View Post
I bought my system from UAV... AUS.... and they have responded to help.. i must be the only guy that's having problems... dam.
I have read all 4 threads
You are not

But the number of people having problems at the same time is low.
Catch me at 1600 EST
http://time.is/compare/Buffalo/Auckland

ovnilab, skype offer is open to you too
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:19 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,904 Posts
if this is your first RC experiance you may have bitten off more than you can chew, most people start with flying airplanes to learn how to program their radio's then move onto a simple helicopter... etc. now that multi's are essentially dead easy compared to three years ago... people tend to forget that they need to learn the basics of RC first...

oh well... hope it all works out for you but taking days to set something like this up is nothing compared to the weeks and months you will spend messing with it

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:45 AM
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
5 minutes huh? Well good for you!

Feel free to share that 5 minute set up with us here any ole' time will do, LOL.

I have/am reading the manual, unfortunately the "manual" is not assisting in my particular issue/s.

As a matter of "fact" I was on Skype with ZeroUAV for over an hour and they could not even get me going on to major issues I'm having. Those being getting GCS working with the iphone/ipad.

Anyways, back to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
I am a regular consumer and the YS-X6 and DX8 setup only took 5 minutes. You just need to read the manual.

Good luck in flying with wkm and the defective firmwares. I would not go near Wkm with firmware 5.02 and above.
Last edited by ovnilab; Aug 30, 2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:58 AM
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
Not at all.

Started a business form nothing 15 years ago and have grown it and two others into major corporations so taking on major challenges is perfectly fine.

Not only that, I purchased this more complex flight control system so that I could jump right in to an area that has typically been reserved for more experienced flyers. Of course I'm speaking of the flight control assisted flight capabilities which allow us newbies into the game faster.

I just put my initial thoughts out there primarily for the folks at ZERO, so they get to hear the experience from a wide variety of consumers that are spending the big dollars on their stuff.

The feedback will be most valuable to them (I'm sure as I am speaking with them) as they move forward and continue to develop and polish their consumer business model of which as most of us know, they are in the early stages of entering into.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
if this is your first RC experiance you may have bitten off more than you can chew, most people start with flying airplanes to learn how to program their radio's then move onto a simple helicopter... etc. now that multi's are essentially dead easy compared to three years ago... people tend to forget that they need to learn the basics of RC first...

oh well... hope it all works out for you but taking days to set something like this up is nothing compared to the weeks and months you will spend messing with it

Steve
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:07 AM
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
I have read all 4 threads
You are not

But the number of people having problems at the same time is low.
Catch me at 1600 EST
http://time.is/compare/Buffalo/Auckland

ovnilab, skype offer is open to you too
Hi Westie,

Looks like I missed you. Thank you for the offer. Are you on again sometime? Best, LO
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:12 AM
EASILY ANNOYED
United States, MI, New Buffalo
Joined Aug 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnilab View Post
5 minutes huh? Well good for you!

Feel free to share that 5 minute set up with us here any ole' time will do, LOL.

I have/am reading the manual, unfortunately the "manual" is not assisting in my particular issue/s.

As a matter of "fact" I was on Skype with ZeroUAV for over an hour and they could not even get me going on to major issues I'm having. Those being getting GCS working with the iphone/ipad.

Anyways, back to work.
I was having the same problem. Make sure you are using the latest version GCS, firmware, etc... I download from gothelirc.com.
zuby1 is offline Find More Posts by zuby1
Old Aug 30, 2012, 03:15 AM
Joined Feb 2009
554 Posts
Ok found my problem. Not sure on how to fix it.
When hovering vibrate state is 1 and green verry good. But as soon as I yaw vibrate get red and you hear the copter oscilate a lot and it willl oscilate more and more till you stear it out again. Only when you yaw raealy realy slow vibrate stays green
I now have roll and pitch sensitivity at 65 that keeps vibrate green in forwar and back when i go lower i also get vebrate red. I even tried too lower rotate P and D down to 5 but no results.
rwijnhov is online now Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Old Aug 30, 2012, 04:34 AM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwijnhov View Post
Ok found my problem. Not sure on how to fix it.
When hovering vibrate state is 1 and green verry good. But as soon as I yaw vibrate get red and you hear the copter oscilate a lot and it willl oscilate more and more till you stear it out again. Only when you yaw raealy realy slow vibrate stays green
I now have roll and pitch sensitivity at 65 that keeps vibrate green in forwar and back when i go lower i also get vebrate red. I even tried too lower rotate P and D down to 5 but no results.
My guess is that the motors are slowed down very low during aggressive yaw.
Into their vibration zone.
The test would be, put the system into Init setup mode.
Slowly raise the throttle, just enough to get them to start spinning.
Do the motors vibrate at low rpm's?
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie