HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
YS-X6 on the ipad 2 OS 5.1.1

I don't have/see a delete option to nuke this post, sorry
ovnilab is offline Find More Posts by ovnilab
Last edited by ovnilab; Aug 27, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
X6 app on ipad 2 help needed..

Hello,

after a few hours I finally got X6 app on my ipad 2. Only trouble now is when I try to launch the app it wont load. I touch the icon and the screen goes black for one second as if app is going to load, then simply return to same normal screen and the app fails to launch.

Can you help me?

Thanks!
Lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by w2hef View Post
Well... we will see... i've had the quads for quite awhile and RC in general... And I am a computer guy... see hopefully all makes sense... The only thing different is I have the iphone4s.... it's jailbroke and the apps already on there along with my ipad 3. also, have a linksys extra 54gwrt router laying around to with bigger antennas sooo .... we will see.!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:23 PM
All who wander are not lost
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
There are settings that you have to click on when you install the ipad app... click on advanced or something like that and you need to do some checkboxes...check the site for the settings.... it's a couple of clicks to make it run. i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnilab View Post
Hello,

after a few hours I finally got X6 app on my ipad 2. Only trouble now is when I try to launch the app it wont load. I touch the icon and the screen goes black for one second as if app is going to load, then simply return to same normal screen and the app fails to launch.

Can you help me?

Thanks!
Lo
w2hef is offline Find More Posts by w2hef
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
I can't get my iphone4 or ipad to recognize the wifi y6 device... i need to do the hotspot for now as my router (spare) is broken.. can someone walk me through this?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:36 PM
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojocinco View Post
Could the steady system to run in other frames like Hexa, Octo, from 3rd parts?
If the frame is Steadycam structure it's OK.
Brandoonn is offline Find More Posts by Brandoonn
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:04 PM
ZeroUAV
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
hotpot setup

Quote:
I can't get my iphone4 or ipad to recognize the wifi y6 device... i need to do the hotspot for now as my router (spare) is broken.. can someone walk me through this?
hi ,my friend .
i suggest you buy a new ROUTER. and setup it by the manual of YS-X6.
like this :
Use wireless router to build AP. Set SSID of the router as”YS-X6-Serial No.” (Note: The
letters must be in Capital), password is 82890430, and use encryption method WPA2-PSK AES.
Router IP must be 192.168.1.1
ok, if you want to use the hotpot by your iphone ,i am sorry to tell you ,
Iphone doesn't support Phone Hotpot function at present.
ise2012 is offline Find More Posts by ise2012
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:17 PM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Crap... wish i would have known that. about the iphone... i did buy the MyWi app for iphone and it works to the Ipad... why would there be an app on the iphone to control the ys-x6 if you have to use a router... hotspot ??

totally bummed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ise2012 View Post
hi ,my friend .
i suggest you buy a new ROUTER. and setup it by the manual of YS-X6.
like this :
Use wireless router to build AP. Set SSID of the router as”YS-X6-Serial No.” (Note: The
letters must be in Capital), password is 82890430, and use encryption method WPA2-PSK AES.
Router IP must be 192.168.1.1
ok, if you want to use the hotpot by your iphone ,i am sorry to tell you ,
Iphone doesn't support Phone Hotpot function at present.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:22 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Does your phone have WPA2-PSK AES encryption method. My phone (android) does not. I just bought a cheap battery operated router which has much greater range than any phone wifi. Then its just a matter of making sure the SSID and password are correct as shown in the manual. You'll make your life easier if you just get a router.

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampa202 View Post
Does your phone have WPA2-PSK AES encryption method. My phone (android) does not. I just bought a cheap battery operated router which has much greater range than any phone wifi. Then its just a matter of making sure the SSID and password are correct as shown in the manual. You'll make your life easier if you just get a router.

Russ
What battery router did u buy?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:05 PM
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
I am willing to try and help you, but I don't want your money. You say you are at your last step to getting everything working, and that is to set up the router. That is normally the first step. To get the communication going between your Tablet - Router - YS-X6.

So, why don't you start and tell us what you have done so far. By the way, where did you buy your system, as the dealer should be giving you some input.

Anyway, tell us what you have done. Take pics. Take pics of your router.

Have a look at my website http://multirotor.co.za/?page_id=964 and there is a detailed set up procedure. Read the manual. It is quite good.

Anyway, did you sort out the setup on your iphone?

Rob
Thank you! After more hours I finally got it communicating with my pc and the X6. Now I have spent the entire day struggling with getting my iphone and ipad working with the GCS X6 software. Got the software loaded on both phone and pad but when I click the icon, the screen goes dark for 1 second then never loads.

It's like a struggle at every turn with this stuff. It is apparent that Zero needs to hire a professional technical documentation writer and flesh out all the procedures and produce some solid documentation.

So now I suppose I will spend more hours jsut trying to get he software working on the phone etc.

Time to write some apps for the iphone and ipad that simply "work" without having to go through all this crap. LOL.

Any help on the phone and pad issue greatly appreciated.

Best,
Lo
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:10 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Any WiFi router that operates at 12V and a 3S lipo battery will do. But since you plan on using it for this purpose, one that comes with high gain dual antennas is a plus (I like for example Linksys routers). Just remember to disconnect the battery when done, so you don't ruin the battery by emptying it.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:45 AM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Iphone communicate to YSX6

you can get your iphone to communicate to the ysx6 without a router.

1ste you need to jailbreak iphone using http://greenpois0n.com/--very easy take about 10min
2de once that is done you will find a program on your iphone calling cydia
3de need to download a program MYWI and pay 24$
4th you need to to download a program WINSCP and get the iphone to communicate to the program(check manual)
5th you need to download the Iphone software www.multirotors.co.za and drag that app into the application folder off the iphone.
6 you need to setup the ip address in the mywi app to 196.168.1.1

thats it

But its best to get a Router i dont have one yet and was to eager to get it airborne
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:52 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
you can get your iphone to communicate to the ysx6 without a router.

1ste you need to jailbreak iphone using http://greenpois0n.com/--very easy take about 10min
2de once that is done you will find a program on your iphone calling cydia
3de need to download a program MYWI and pay 24$
4th you need to to download a program WINSCP and get the iphone to communicate to the program(check manual)
5th you need to download the Iphone software www.multirotors.co.za and drag that app into the application folder off the iphone.
6 you need to setup the ip address in the mywi app to 196.168.1.1

thats it

But its best to get a Router i dont have one yet and was to eager to get it airborne
Andre

Thanks for explaining that so well, as I don't have a clue. I am going to add that to my website so it does not get lost.

How are you enjoying the YS-X6 so far?

Cheers
Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:57 AM
MULTIROTOR FREAK
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Aug 2011
196 Posts
My YS-X6 Runs very well please see videos below and help me if any tuning is required

Copter Flying (2 min 17 sec)
hemanthtguru is offline Find More Posts by hemanthtguru
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:06 AM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
I bought this one http://www.zoomtel.com/products/4506.html. I've had it for a few weeks and I really like it. I wanted something that had an internal battery and would fit in my pocket. This one is slightly bigger than a deck of cards and has 3-4 hour (advertised) battery life. I'm sure it doesn't have the range of a full-sized dual antenna router, but it is advertised to have a 300 meter line of sight outdoor range. In real life situations it is probably much less. Also I'm pretty sure the transmit range of the YS-X6 is less than 300 meters.

Another nice feature is that you can connect your phone to the router via USB to get internet access via 4G LTE(or whatever your phone uses.) So I can use my tablet, which does not have a built in wireless modem, and I have full internet access in the field. I realize that you can do this with wireless hotspot also, but it won't have nearly the same range as a bona fide router.

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202