dcoslet is offline Find More Posts by dcoslet
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:38 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,161 Posts
This seems up to date,
http://magnetic-declination.com/
there are links to the formulas if you google them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoslet View Post
Hi All...

Anyone can advice how to calculate the "The Value" magnetic decline, examples
Latitude: 6 21 '21.1 "S
Longitude: 106 54 '5.5 "E
Magnetic declination: 0 46 'EAST
Declination is POSITIVE
Inclination: -31 8 '
Magnetic field strength: 44690.6 nT

Thx
Psionic001 is online now Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:28 AM
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Could the steady system to run in other frames like Hexa, Octo, from 3rd parts?
rojocinco is offline Find More Posts by rojocinco
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
Anyone get iphone/ipad GCS working?

Hi,

I just purchased everything a few days ago and now want to get the iphone and my ipad working. Anyone have success? If so can you post a step by step or even better a video?

Thanks!
Ern
ovnilab is offline Find More Posts by ovnilab
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:59 AM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoslet View Post
Hi All...

Anyone can advice how to calculate the "The Value" magnetic decline, examples
Latitude: 6 21 '21.1 "S
Longitude: 106 54 '5.5 "E
Magnetic declination: 0 46 'EAST
Declination is POSITIVE
Inclination: -31 8 '
Magnetic field strength: 44690.6 nT

Thx
dcoslet
Can you please tell me if this is information which is good to have when buying the YS-X6.
I beleive it has something to do with the accuracy of a GPS position. Am i wrong?

Jorn
Ramnes is offline Find More Posts by Ramnes
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:21 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnilab View Post
Hi,

I just purchased everything a few days ago and now want to get the iphone and my ipad working. Anyone have success? If so can you post a step by step or even better a video?

Thanks!
Ern
Have you checked manual? There is quite detailed instructions.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:24 PM
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
Will pay $25.00 per hr for Skype help w/ X6

Hello,

Wow this router set up to communication with X6 is driving me crazy, I cant get it working!

I can pay you $25.00 USD per hour VIA Skype for help getting my router working and my communications to X6 working.

It's my last step to testing and flight but I am stuck after 6 wasted hours trying to get new router working etc.

Thanks,
Lo
ovnilab is offline Find More Posts by ovnilab
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:47 PM
All who wander are not lost
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Will a simple USB to SERIAL MALE converter work to the PC? for firmware and setup?

And must it be powered? or can it get power from the USB or COM port?
w2hef is offline Find More Posts by w2hef
Last edited by w2hef; Aug 27, 2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:49 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnilab View Post
Hello,

Wow this router set up to communication with X6 is driving me crazy, I cant get it working!

I can pay you $25.00 USD per hour VIA Skype for help getting my router working and my communications to X6 working.

It's my last step to testing and flight but I am stuck after 6 wasted hours trying to get new router working etc.

Thanks,
Lo
I am willing to try and help you, but I don't want your money. You say you are at your last step to getting everything working, and that is to set up the router. That is normally the first step. To get the communication going between your Tablet - Router - YS-X6.

So, why don't you start and tell us what you have done so far. By the way, where did you buy your system, as the dealer should be giving you some input.

Anyway, tell us what you have done. Take pics. Take pics of your router.

Have a look at my website http://multirotor.co.za/?page_id=964 and there is a detailed set up procedure. Read the manual. It is quite good.

Anyway, did you sort out the setup on your iphone?

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w2hef View Post
Will a simple USB to SERIAL MALE converter work to the PC? for firmware and setup?

And must it be powered? or can it get power from the USB or COM port?
The USB to DB9 Serial cable can be connected to the cable supplied with the YS-X6 and it is used for the FW upgrade by connecting the cable to the COM1 port. To do the setup, you can connect the same cable to COM3 port. It does not need any external power source. The only requirement is that a Battery must be connected to the YS-X6 and the PC must be on.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
The USB to DB9 Serial cable can be connected to the cable supplied with the YS-X6 and it is used for the FW upgrade by connecting the cable to the COM1 port. To do the setup, you can connect the same cable to COM3 port. It does not need any external power source. The only requirement is that a Battery must be connected to the YS-X6 and the PC must be on.
Ok. thanks... will be getting into the install around 7pm EST... wish me luck.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Ok. thanks... will be getting into the install around 7pm EST... wish me luck.
Just take your time. I have just been through a few installs with others over the last few days, and it just needs some thought going into it.

The biggest problems most people have is :
1. Setting up the communication. I recommend going the Android - Router - YS-X6 route. It is the easiest way to do it.
2. Channel Alignment. Once you have done it check that the sticks reflecting the right direction. You may have to reverse the channel in the Tx. If you don't get it right you will find that you cannot arm the system and won't be able to do the ESC stroke calibration
3. ESC stroke Calibration. Follow clear instructions in the Guide

Rob
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:36 PM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Well... we will see... i've had the quads for quite awhile and RC in general... And I am a computer guy... see hopefully all makes sense... The only thing different is I have the iphone4s.... it's jailbroke and the apps already on there along with my ipad 3. also, have a linksys extra 54gwrt router laying around to with bigger antennas sooo .... we will see.!

Quote:
Just take your time. I have just been through a few installs with others over the last few days, and it just needs some thought going into it.

The biggest problems most people have is :
1. Setting up the communication. I recommend going the Android - Router - YS-X6 route. It is the easiest way to do it.
2. Channel Alignment. Once you have done it check that the sticks reflecting the right direction. You may have to reverse the channel in the Tx. If you don't get it right you will find that you cannot arm the system and won't be able to do the ESC stroke calibration
3. ESC stroke Calibration. Follow clear instructions in the Guide

Rob
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:32 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Hi Russ

Have you had a chat with support. They are very helpful.

I must admit, whenever I was doing my vertical calibration, on the Android, you cannot see what is happening elsewhere, so I suppose what you are seeiing only applies to the PC GCS. Maybe that is normal. I wouldn't know.

I sent you a PM.

Cheers
Rob
Well, I finally got it straightened out. It had something to do with how I had zeroed the gyros. Even though everything looked ok, and the attitude and static angles were equal, something was causing the IMU to think it was in a roll during vertical calibration - as seen in the screen cap I posted. It was definitely not normal.

Here's the method I got from gothelirc and ZeroUAV

1) select "zero gyros"
2) don't touch for several minutes (I waited 5 minutes)
3) cycle power

I then tried the calibration and it worked first time. It did not automatically open the control interface, so I hit "save" and then the interface opened, but no circles for a minute or so while it was calculating something. I checked the course data and the compass was working in GPS mode as it should.

Thanks to everyone that helped.

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:02 PM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
OK... i got the firmware updated... but i can't for the life of me get the WIFI working.... i've tried it hooked to the main controller in com3.. i've tried it with just power to it... unplugged com1 port... i give up.

help!

Quote:
Well... we will see... i've had the quads for quite awhile and RC in general... And I am a computer guy... see hopefully all makes sense... The only thing different is I have the iphone4s.... it's jailbroke and the apps already on there along with my ipad 3. also, have a linksys extra 54gwrt router laying around to with bigger antennas sooo .... we will see.!